Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-09, 04:31 AM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree Ed. But there is a little thing called bad gas. I have been victim to it. Gas octane rating is not always constant.
Old 08-14-09, 04:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by xboostx
I agree Ed. But there is a little thing called bad gas. I have been victim to it. Gas octane rating is not always constant.
true dat

but remeber with a competant tuner and good standalone you setup a safe knock map , stock ecu running piggybacks dont have this safe option for you are relying on factory parameters as far as registering knock and how and when it pulls timing

with the aem for example you set the knock threshold more conservative for exactly that reason since you are going to be running higher boost on pump..

you set the amount of volts and exactly when to pull timing and or dump fuel for that moment

you feel me
Old 08-14-09, 05:03 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by drewgo
More then 59x on pump is possible but beyond the threshold of safe.
Dre, my 608rwhp on pump says hello, and I run this all the time ( one boost setting ). Granted it's not much more than 59X, but I'm pretty confident with my alpha tune.
Old 08-14-09, 06:04 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Dre, my 608rwhp on pump says hello, and I run this all the time ( one boost setting ). Granted it's not much more than 59X, but I'm pretty confident with my alpha tune.
Agree, it's still in the ball park. I don't think you wanna spent a couple hundred bucks on a retune and about $500 more on 1000cc injectors just to gain an extra 20-30 horses. A am sure, as a safe measure, Your current map should support that by driving your car in a cooler night.
Old 08-14-09, 06:12 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Agree, it's still in the ball park. I don't think you wanna spent a couple hundred bucks on a retune and about $500 more on 1000cc injectors just to gain an extra 20-30 horses. A am sure, as a safe measure, Your current map should support that by driving your car in a cooler night.
I already have 1000cc injectors, I should have put in some 1600cc injectors to support an E85 tune properly
Old 08-14-09, 07:54 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I already have 1000cc injectors, I should have put in some 1600cc injectors to support an E85 tune properly
LOL.... damn terry as if 1000cc weren't enough...LOL

I was refering to Jerome's set up. He told us last night that his race tune is what he wants to increase. And so I was off from the beginning since I was thinking he wanted to increase his pump tune.
Old 08-14-09, 10:05 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
I beg to differ Senor!!! I had a conversation with my tech/tuner a couple of days ago and as I'm sure you're aware that the safe rwhp # for a stock GTE short block is 800rwhp and something as little as changing my injectors out will get me into the high 7's easily. That is the goal sir!!! A nice, safe, powerful tune to really put the smack down on you 1J fans!! Dre, why don't you want to see Wicked vs Drego??? Don't tell me that you're a little afraid??
Listen, all you have to do is shut down I-75 one night and since it's a five lane highway it'll be Dre, Robert, Roger, myself, and any other 1J in a SC/Supra that wants it and then I can put all of you to rest all at the same time!!!
What's going on here are we not all in the J family.Where's the love ??

let me see and hear things like runs against rb's ,sr20's, k's and b's what ever.

Last edited by //LRD; 08-14-09 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-14-09, 10:28 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by //LRD
Yes we definitely are, however a 2 is bigger than a 1...

Also, in a family there's a big brother and a small brother and the big brother always picks on the little bro..

Last edited by Wicked SC; 08-14-09 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-14-09, 11:08 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

let me see and hear things like runs against rb's ,sr20's, k's and b's what ever.
I tried to run you last night on I-75, but you chickened out.....!
Old 08-14-09, 11:09 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Yes we definitely are, however a 2 is bigger than a 1...

Also, in a family there's a big brother and a small brother and the big brother always picks on the little bro..
And the big bros can't stand it when the lil bros kick their @$$es
Old 08-14-09, 11:32 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

I tried to run you last night on I-75, but you chickened out.....!

With comments like this I see why Jerome smacks you 1j guys around .I was ready to light you up like roman candle last night Dre.But as it appears I chicken out..I can understand why you would say some thing like that..As it was I did hit it right after you did and the car did something od .It shot to the right real hard.So I did back off .But believe me it wasn't from any fear of your car or the wet roads.Right before you exited my car stated getting a vibration coming from the rear. By the time I come off 595 and University Bl ,the right rear tire was smoking .I had drove the tire completely flat from I75 all the home.But not worry I sell tires for a living and see you tonight .lol .
Old 08-14-09, 11:46 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

With comments like this I see why Jerome smacks you 1j guys around .I was ready to light you up like roman candle last night Dre.But as it appears I chicken out..I can understand why you would say some thing like that..As it was I did hit it right after you did and the car did something od .It shot to the right real hard.So I did back off .But believe me it wasn't from any fear of your car or the wet roads.Right before you exited my car stated getting a vibration coming from the rear. By the time I come off 595 and University Bl ,the right rear tire was smoking .I had drove the tire completely flat from I75 all the home.But not worry I sell tires for a living and see you tonight .lol .
Ay ya yai....! Sorry about your tire. You can light me up anytime, just don't be surprised of the outcome
The road seem kinda dry so I hit it and you slid my way and I pegged my rev limiter at 75 or so in 3rd which is 107.... not good!
oh and btw my comment are 100% sarcasm!
Old 08-14-09, 11:48 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh sh@t!! It seems that Dre has spoken too much and he's about to find out what's up with the Automatic 2J white ghost later on...
Old 08-14-09, 12:17 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Ay ya yai....! Sorry about your tire. You can light me up anytime, just don't be surprised of the outcome
The road seem kinda dry so I hit it and you slid my way and I pegged my rev limiter at 75 or so in 3rd which is 107.... not good!
oh and btw my comment are 100% sarcasm!
I took as so...

I have one little problem my 305/25r20 conti's are not in stock .

So there for I have to run my 305/35/18 555r..
Old 08-14-09, 05:02 PM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Dre is trying to get the action going! Very nice bro. Thats what im talking about. Seems like a dry day today. And John has on drag radials

Last edited by xboostx; 08-14-09 at 05:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa