Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-09, 07:52 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I already have 1000cc injectors, I should have put in some 1600cc injectors to support an E85 tune properly
My new toys will be some 2200cc injectors Darrin from titian is running them in his car.
Old 08-14-09, 08:26 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xboostx
Dre is trying to get the action going! Very nice bro. Thats what im talking about. Seems like a dry day today. And John has on drag radials
yep John is on the drags.
It's all good, you know I am down for runs every once in a while.
But I was stuck between reaming John or making some money. I chose
the latter.
Old 08-14-09, 09:08 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dew23
My new toys will be some 2200cc injectors Darrin from titian is running them in his car.
Dayem' Dave!!
Old 08-14-09, 09:10 PM
Punky
Lead Lap

There was some good blowing away's tonight!!
Old 08-15-09, 06:01 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran against 2 Mr.'s last night. Thumbs up to both of you.
Old 08-15-09, 06:26 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The main anticipated run of the night never happened! As the owner of one of the white SC's stated he had to go make some $$ but I think he was intimidated when he saw the other white SC pull up with his drag rims with the Nitto 555's mounted and ready for action!

I guess there's always next week unless there's more $$$ to be made??
Old 08-15-09, 07:33 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
The main anticipated run of the night never happened! As the owner of one of the white SC's stated he had to go make some $$ but I think he was intimidated when he saw the other white SC pull up with his drag rims with the Nitto 555's mounted and ready for action!

I guess there's always next week unless there's more $$$ to be made??
It's all good. I'll take it how it is percieved. Business before pleasure I always say.
We'll get another chance.

I am sure there were more runs or not!

Here some food for thought... Why hasn't Mr. Wicked and Mr. Teelex ran yet? I don't know but last I checked there at about the same power levels or 16 hp difference to be exact. That should be a good run.

Last edited by drewgo; 08-15-09 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-15-09, 08:24 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

let me be the first to say

MR WICKED'S CAR IS FAST AS HELL

NOT ONLY DID HE PULL AWAY FROM ME LIKE I HAD THE TITANIC HOOKED UP TO MY BUMBER but did so without much effort

jerome's car with the cams and fresh tune at 22psi is something tobe feared... i like his third gear and up action mid range to his top end pulls like a freight train

jerome my friend save your motor bro you are good right there at just about 600 on pump , you dont need more then that for the others that want these crazy hp numbers can sit there and spin tires while you hook and go

if you can at some point into the near future research and put together a quicker spooling turbo with the same power range similar to what you have , i say its game over for most down here in florida ( i say pte71dbb billet wheel )

i really really need to change this restrictive .68 backhousing to a .81 and drop these damm cams in and get retuned then maybe just maybe i might be able to hange there at least for a few seconds

great run jerome but my a$$ still feels like sandpaper
Old 08-15-09, 08:34 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexforlife

NOT ONLY DID HE PULL AWAY FROM ME LIKE I HAD THE TITANIC HOOKED UP TO MY BUMBER but did so without much effort

jerome's car with the cams and fresh tune at 22psi is something tobe feared... i like his third gear and up action mid range to his top end pulls like a freight train

jerome my friend save your motor bro you are good right there at just about 600 on pump , you dont need more then that for the others that want these crazy hp numbers can sit there and spin tires while you hook and go

if you can at some point into the near future research and put together a quicker spooling turbo with the same power range similar to what you have , i say its game over for most down here in florida ( i say pte71dbb billet wheel )

i really really need to change this restrictive .68 backhousing to a .81 and drop these damm cams in and get retuned then maybe just maybe i might be able to hange there at least for a few seconds

wow!!i wish i couldve seen that run!
Old 08-15-09, 08:35 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

:
I'll second the PTE71 DBB/Billet wheel turbo

Mr. Wicked and I will someday get the right situation and we will go....
Old 08-15-09, 08:44 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dexlex2002
wow!!i wish i couldve seen that run!
dont worry , i wish i could have been on full 23psi but my tuner asked me to keep it down to arounsd 19-20psi until he retunes because of the new turbo

not that it would have made much difference ... he has bigger turbo , bigger backhousing and cams , its a no win situation for me but hey it was fun and exciting as always watching that beast move

but as i stated before i am putting in either .81 or .96 hotside to relieve the back pressure and i will beputting the 268.deg cams in and with retune it should bring me up to around 560-575 so i should be able to hang with him next time at least for a few seconds ............ i hope
Old 08-15-09, 10:57 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Last night around 9 pm Washington State time there was a small tremor or so I thought but after some careful research I realized it was the after shock of Wickeds wastegate I was feeling in his quest to catch a certain white sc auto But I realized that the quake was a good 4-5 seconds long so my thoughts being around 4000 miles away is that the auto sc might be something to fear if the turbo is running efficient and not still spitting out small dust bunnies so jerohn might need to do a small retune with a refreshed snail and hopefully a certsin 6spd sc could find it in his heart to bring out the beast again, rain permiting and do a rematch unless, the new snail makes a tall rico suave Ralph Lauren (super model) golf pro nervous??

But in the end there both are afraid of the 22 yr old blue 1j!!!!!!!

All racing action was done on a closed road under state speedlimits with professional drivers please don't try this at home!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-09, 12:56 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Thanks Ed! However, I don't need a new turbo, the hp goals that I'm trying to achieve are well within my old 71mm turbo's grasp. Also, as we've discussed many of times the need for a DBB turbo IMO is just a waste of $$ to gain about 200th rpm of spool? Remember, we're not drag racing, we race from a roll so the ball bearing turbo has no advantage on the streets! The future goals whenever it presents itself are just to install bigger injectors and that alone should get me in the 750-775rwhp range on race gas and that will be enough for me. Knock on wood, my engine is strong and running good and there won't be a constant need to run on the race gas map but you never know when you're going to meet up on someone that wants to run and they're making more power than 600rwhp on pump. It's just more of a cushion for me to know that I have it available whenever it might be needed and also to have as much power as possible and still be safe when Mr. Relic gets on the road... It's going to be the wild, wild, south when that SC finally comes out...
Old 08-15-09, 01:18 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Default Racing in South Florida

Have you ever ran someone and no matter what the outcome they always have something to say about why they lost?

Well, let me tell you South Florida about my friend Mr. //LRD(John). As most of you know about 1.5 years ago we ran our cars against each other several times. There were four runs on I-75 going north when we both won two of the four and once on Pines Blvd, when we were neck and neck but he said that he was pulling on me?? Okay, I also have to let South Florida know that my boost controller vacuum hose had a hole in it so all I could run was 15psi which is my wastegate spring and Mr. //LRD was maxed out at 21-22psi. And all my arguement was/is to him is that me personally as a racer would not brag about being able to keep up with someone who was on their lowest setting and I'm on my highest setting, but hey that's just me..

So let's fast forward because that was in the past and now is the present! I've repaired my vacuum hose leak with my boost controller and there was one night I almost sucked the doors off of his SC on US 27, once on N.W. 199 street, and last night. Let me tell you why I had to recreate this whole thing is because after I ran a couple of cars last night on the way home Mr. //LRD and I ran twice, the first run he took off before me and I walked him down but the funniest thing is and here is where it gets great! He still argued that I took too long to walk him in, he said it took five seconds to do so? I guess he had a stopwatch ticking away while he was pushing his gas pedal thru the floor of his car cringing his teeth in anger that I'm passing him! Anyway, to rewind, his arguement to me when we ran over a year ago was that it's not his fault that I couldn't turn up my boost but last night he said that I'm lucky that his turbo is messed up? What a way to contradict yourself, huh? Anyway, I told him let's line up and leave at the same time and I'll show you what time it is? Well, we took off together at the same time and what do you think the outcome was? I smoked him but he's still talking about the five seconds it took to pass him after he took off before me and remember guys I walked him down and passed him! IMO, to walk someone down and pass them is worst than being neck and neck and then pulling away?

Anyways, as most of you guys that hang with the crew in South Florida know that it's all in fun and we love to go fast but most of us just like to win! It sure does feel good to..

So my closing statement to Mr.//LRD is that you can't win, there's always going to be a black SC with a Vertex body kit and A/C Lative rims that going to be faster than you and will continue to smack that azz!!!

And to your cheerleader(Roger) in Washington state, hurry up and get your transmission so I show you what's up too!!!!
Old 08-15-09, 01:31 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Thanks Ed! However, I don't need a new turbo, the hp goals that I'm trying to achieve are well within my old 71mm turbo's grasp. Also, as we've discussed many of times the need for a DBB turbo IMO is just a waste of $$ to gain about 200th rpm of spool? Remember, we're not drag racing, we race from a roll so the ball bearing turbo has no advantage on the streets! ..

i hear ya bro , but this statement is not entirely true

a dbb turbo shines best in a manuel transmission car .. transient shifts becoames effortless as their is no drop off of the turbo and the 200rpm thing is alittle off for if you take terrys turbo dyno and overlay with yours you will see that terry spools about 400+ rpms sooner

comapring your turbo tech to pte71dbb billet you are going to have a real tough fight on your hands pump for pump

i have driven in a car with journal bearing and driven in another with dbb same sized turbo and lets just say thats why i stay dbb

but to each is own car runs fast as hell but that is to be expected

you 71mm .81a/r cams running 22psi

me 67mm dbb .68 a/r uncammed running about 19psi

this equals = a$$ whopping by you to me and it still hurts to sit down

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa