Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-09, 01:48 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was waiting for him to post about our 2 runs but he may be busy or something. Last night Mr. Klean and I ran. He wanted to Do the vvti 1jz vs non vvti 1jz. Pretty much the same mods and same boost. We did 2 40mph runs.

1st run I pulled him by from what it looked like 3 or 4 cars up to about 130. I think I went faster but let's just keep it at that.

2nd run I pulled him by about 2 cars at least from what it looks like. He did have to change lanes and get behind me but he had enough room to not have to slow down. We went up to around 125 mph.

He had to do 3 beeps both times so I guess he had a slight inconvenience. My horn doesn't work. The first run as soon as he hit the 3rd beep I hit it right away so that's why I pulled him by so much. The 2nd run I waited until I heard him hit it to make things more fair. Both runs I pulled on him from the beginning to the end.

Good runs man. I'm not one to talk smack about running a fellow member. It was just a fun night.

I also ran Mr. Slay in his isf. We did a 50mph roll. He pulled me by about 2.5 maybe 3 cars up to about 110mph. Good run.

Last edited by SH_JZZ30; 08-15-09 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-15-09, 02:03 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Have you ever ran someone and no matter what the outcome they always have something to say about why they lost?

Well, let me tell you South Florida about my friend Mr. //LRD(John). As most of you know about 1.5 years ago we ran our cars against each other several times. There were four runs on I-75 going north when we both won two of the four and once on Pines Blvd, when we were neck and neck but he said that he was pulling on me?? Okay, I also have to let South Florida know that my boost controller vacuum hose had a hole in it so all I could run was 15psi which is my wastegate spring and Mr. //LRD was maxed out at 21-22psi. And all my arguement was/is to him is that me personally as a racer would not brag about being able to keep up with someone who was on their lowest setting and I'm on my highest setting, but hey that's just me..

So let's fast forward because that was in the past and now is the present! I've repaired my vacuum hose leak with my boost controller and there was one night I almost sucked the doors off of his SC on US 27, once on N.W. 199 street, and last night. Let me tell you why I had to recreate this whole thing is because after I ran a couple of cars last night on the way home Mr. //LRD and I ran twice, the first run he took off before me and I walked him down but the funniest thing is and here is where it gets great! He still argued that I took too long to walk him in, he said it took five seconds to do so? I guess he had a stopwatch ticking away while he was pushing his gas pedal thru the floor of his car cringing his teeth in anger that I'm passing him! Anyway, to rewind, his arguement to me when we ran over a year ago was that it's not his fault that I couldn't turn up my boost but last night he said that I'm lucky that his turbo is messed up? What a way to contradict yourself, huh? Anyway, I told him let's line up and leave at the same time and I'll show you what time it is? Well, we took off together at the same time and what do you think the outcome was? I smoked him but he's still talking about the five seconds it took to pass him after he took off before me and remember guys I walked him down and passed him! IMO, to walk someone down and pass them is worst than being neck and neck and then pulling away?

Anyways, as most of you guys that hang with the crew in South Florida know that it's all in fun and we love to go fast but most of us just like to win! It sure does feel good to..

So my closing statement to Mr.//LRD is that you can't win, there's always going to be a black SC with a Vertex body kit and A/C Lative rims that going to be faster than you and will continue to smack that azz!!!

And to your cheerleader(Roger) in Washington state, hurry up and get your transmission so I show you what's up too!!!!
You call that a smack ?? It was more like a love tap

Can someone help me here I'm looking for a friend of my Jerome.You guys remember him nice humble always got a smile on his face.I just he's lost to big boost ..Jerome as long as it took me to read this .Was about how long it took you to catch me.I mean it seem like an eternity from 55-145 was when you finally pull along side and started to past .But pass you did .You might to go back to Titan and get things check out.Cause I dyno only at 560 with a good turbo.I can tell you this now that am driving on a Broken Turbo I am sure i'm no where near those dyno #'s..I don't know how that adds up.

I'll leave you guys with this Wicked SC isn't all that wicked...

Did you win or lose last night I can't tell...
Old 08-15-09, 02:14 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i hear ya bro , but this statement is not entirely true

a dbb turbo shines best in a manuel transmission car .. transient shifts becoames effortless as their is no drop off of the turbo and the 200rpm thing is alittle off for if you take terrys turbo dyno and overlay with yours you will see that terry spools about 400+ rpms sooner.

comapring your turbo tech to pte71dbb billet you are going to have a real tough fight on your hands pump for pump

i have driven in a car with journal bearing and driven in another with dbb same sized turbo and lets just say thats why i stay dbb

but to each is own car runs fast as hell but that is to be expected

you 71mm .81a/r cams running 22psi

me 67mm dbb .68 a/r uncammed running about 19psi

this equals = a$$ whopping by you to me and it still hurts to sit down
Ed, let me clarify..TERRY'S TURBO IS THE SH@T AND MY TURBO IN NO WAY COMPARES TO IT AND I WISH I COULD AFFORD IT however everyone has different takes and goals for there set up and mine and as well as probably 85% of us run on the streets so the 400 rpms quick spool is irrelevant in street racing and the drop off in boost between shifts is driver error, and if you need some shifting lessons let me know, free of charge for you!

My build is to make power and I'm glad that you brought up Terry's dyno which is a testament to my arguement, on the same boost levels he made 14more rwhp than I did..Does that warrant paying $1000-$1400 more to spool 400 + rpm's quicker?? I just don't see the value in it, but that's just me. When it's all said and done we all know that Terry's turbo will outpower my turbo by far up top....

To sum it up, there has to be a comfort level of your happiness with your car and set up and I'm almost there, but again a new turbo is no where in my future plans....
Old 08-15-09, 02:19 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by //LRD
You call that a smack ?? It was more like a love tap

Can someone help me here I'm looking for a friend of my Jerome.You guys remember him nice humble always got a smile on his face.I just he's lost to big boost ..Jerome as long as it took me to read this .Was about how long it took you to catch me.I mean it seem like an eternity from 55-145 was when you finally pull along side and started to past .But pass you did .You might to go back to Titan and get things check out.Cause I dyno only at 560 with a good turbo.I can tell you this now that am driving on a Broken Turbo I am sure i'm no where near those dyno #'s..I don't know how that adds up.

I'll leave you guys with this Wicked SC isn't all that wicked...

Did you win or lose last night I can't tell...
Excuses , excuses, excuses.. Broken turbo, new clutch, boost controller hose broken, when will it end?

Why don't you just leave it alone my friend? Listen, you dynoed in the 560's so you're not in my league as of yet so I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you. Your car runs but it's not ready yet to run with the big dogs!

Anyway, I can't wait for your response! Let's continue to keep the forum alive..
Old 08-15-09, 02:21 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Default Where is Mr. GTS Corolla Dave?

Where's Dave? I heard that he had a couple of runs last night???

Can he chime in as to what exactly went down?
Old 08-15-09, 02:22 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I'll second the PTE71 DBB/Billet wheel turbo

Mr. Wicked and I will someday get the right situation and we will go....
Yes sir, we will.....
Old 08-15-09, 02:25 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drewgo
It's all good. I'll take it how it is percieved. Business before pleasure I always say.
We'll get another chance.

I am sure there were more runs or not!

Here some food for thought... Why hasn't Mr. Wicked and Mr. Teelex ran yet? I don't know but last I checked there at about the same power levels or 16 hp difference to be exact. That should be a good run.
Mr. Wicked hasn't ran Teelex because the time hasn't presented itself. Teelex lives in West Palm Beach and rarely comes down to hang, it's a haul for him.

It seems that you're trying to take the focus off of yourself senor. I thought you were going to the 2J guys what a 1J can do??
Old 08-15-09, 02:26 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Ed, let me clarify..TERRY'S TURBO IS THE SH@T AND MY TURBO IN NO WAY COMPARES TO IT AND I WISH I COULD AFFORD IT the streets so the 400 rpms quick spool is irrelevant in street racing and the drop off in boost between shifts is driver error, and if you need some shifting lessons let me know, free of charge for you!

damm , i give you accolades and you give me insults .. i dont need any lesson from you on shifting

but maybe i should give you lessons on humility
Old 08-15-09, 02:28 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

damm , i give you accolades and you give me insults .. i dont need any lesson from you on shifting

but maybe i should give you lessons on humility
Thanks!!!! Don't take it personal, it was only a joke. But seriously, I won't charge you for the lessons..
Old 08-15-09, 02:36 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This forum is defintely alive!!!! These are some long stories. LOL When Mr. Relic comes out to play would defitnely like to see all the big juice's go neck and neck. Then will see who can walk da walk and talk da talk... Don't take this to personal guy's this is for the love of are car's and for fun. When this happens all CL Members should be there to witness the a$$ beatings.....
Old 08-15-09, 02:37 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks!!!! Don't take it personal, it was only a joke. But seriously, I won't charge you for the lessons..
i dont take things personal but learn the mechanics on cars and how things work together , spend time researching and ask lots of questions of tuners and racers then you might see the light

you have a beautiful car and it is wicked as hell but show some humbleness and be a good sport about things

there are several threads on supra forums from sound perf , from boostlogic, from ryan woon from mike from awd motorsports praising the durability and spooling characteristics of a dbb some dont think its work a extra 400 to 600 but many do , but dont pawn your idealogy of drivers error off on your beliefs on non worth which are illfounded

maybe take a drive in terrys car and feel the actual diff in the overall characteristics of his 71mm vs your journal bearing and maybe just maybe it might raise a eyebrow
Old 08-15-09, 02:44 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

i dont take things personal but learn the mechanics on cars and how things work together , spend time researching and ask lots of questions of tuners and racers then you might see the light

you have a beautiful car and it is wicked as hell but show some humbleness and be a good sport about things

there are several threads on supra forums from sound perf , from boostlogic, from ryan woon from mike from awd motorsports praising the durability and spooling characteristics of a dbb some dont think its work a extra 400 to 600 but many do , but dont pawn your idealogy of drivers error off on your beliefs on non worth which are illfounded

maybe take a drive in terrys car and feel the actual diff in the overall characteristics of his 71mm vs your journal bearing and maybe just maybe it might raise a eyebrow
See, there you go again. I stated that Terry's turbo is the sh@t and will outpower mine anyday. I don't know what else you want me to say about it?

Also, I really don't care about any threads on SF, what I care about is what happens within us in the real world when we hit the streets. I think you're the one who's not being a good sport about things, I guess I'm getting under your skin so let's just leave this thread alone since you can't seem to take the heat(sarcasm). It's all in fun sir..

And, I'm good with the learning of mechanics of cars. As I said before not everyone can pull engines/trans in a air conditioned garage with marble floors. That was also a joke but we know how you're going to take it so I apologize in advance...

Anyways, have a great evening great one(Lexforlife)..

It's all love brother...
Old 08-15-09, 02:48 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Also, I really don't care about any threads on SF, what I care about is what happens within us in the real world when we hit the streets. ...
theres a real classic statement

as they say " ignorance is bliss"

no brother , you are not getting under my skin , i way too old for a junior to rattle my cage , but what does grab my attention is when humbleness is absent...

we are in this to have fun and to respect each other but some wanna take this to insane levels and things can and will get out of control real fast

i say again , titan has built you a sick ride no question about it , i was merely suggesting that the addition of a turbo like terrys would put it over the top

and on a side note terry's car could have made well over 625 on pump ask me how i know this ( psst , his tuner is my tuner and i asked him to keep it real safe for terry)

Last edited by lexforlife; 08-15-09 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-15-09, 03:27 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

theres a real classic statement

as they say " ignorance is bliss"

no brother , you are not getting under my skin , i way too old for a junior to rattle my cage , but what does grab my attention is when humbleness is absent...

we are in this to have fun and to respect each other but some wanna take this to insane levels and things can and will get out of control real fast

i say again , titan has built you a sick ride no question about it , i was merely suggesting that the addition of a turbo like terrys would put it over the top

and on a side note terry's car could have made well over 625 on pump ask me how i know this ( psst , his tuner is my tuner and i asked him to keep it real safe for terry)
Okay grandpa, understood. Why are you always bringing up Terry's car? What about yours? Let's talk about yours and not involve anyone else?

How about I tell you that my car could've made 650 on pump? Anything is possible but to do it consistently and be safe is a different story...

Maybe you should get Terrys turbo to put yours over the top, that would be a great addition to your set up..
Old 08-15-09, 03:52 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
I was waiting for him to post about our 2 runs but he may be busy or something. Last night Mr. Klean and I ran. He wanted to Do the vvti 1jz vs non vvti 1jz. Pretty much the same mods and same boost. We did 2 40mph runs.

1st run I pulled him by from what it looked like 3 or 4 cars up to about 130. I think I went faster but let's just keep it at that.

2nd run I pulled him by about 2 cars at least from what it looks like. He did have to change lanes and get behind me but he had enough room to not have to slow down. We went up to around 125 mph.

He had to do 3 beeps both times so I guess he had a slight inconvenience. My horn doesn't work. The first run as soon as he hit the 3rd beep I hit it right away so that's why I pulled him by so much. The 2nd run I waited until I heard him hit it to make things more fair. Both runs I pulled on him from the beginning to the end.

Good runs man. I'm not one to talk smack about running a fellow member. It was just a fun night.

I also ran Mr. Slay in his isf. We did a 50mph roll. He pulled me by about 2.5 maybe 3 cars up to about 110mph. Good run.
Nice runs Shameed .Arturo been having problems with his turbo.But still not trying to take anything away from your victories.Great runs .I was sitting on the edge of my sit when i notice you ran CJ.not going to lie was hoping for a better result .Sorry CJ ,one of my SC buddy you know...

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
If I could I need to address this ^^^ I can only speak for myself in this matter.Jerome seems to be talking a lot of chit at this moment.But it's all in good fun between him and I.Off line we talk a lot more chit then this trust me !! this is nothing ..So don't take him to seriously .Beside Shameed he needs to pound his chest right now.Because he know there are a lot of sharp shooter aiming to take him out.So he's really trying to take in as much glory as possible ,Jerome knows it's short lived.There no mercy out here .For anyone ..I guess it's all in how we look at things.Oh and another thing if you thing the smack talking is bad now. Wait until Rudy gets started..

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa