Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-09, 08:19 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yaad_style
I NEED TO ASK a real STUPID question ... WHAts the prob with the 1j... please enlighten me... as we all know they are 1jz's making power into the 1000hp.... so whats the prob or down fall to the 1jz????
There's no down fall to the 1J,it's a good engine. IMO they're just limited and maybe inferior to the 2J. We all know that displacement means power..I would like to see the 1J that makes 1000hp, and whoever owns that engine must have spent a ton load of $$$ much more than what you would have to spend to get a 2J to the same power level...

Go ahead Big juice, defend the 1J's...
Old 08-15-09, 08:24 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smiley has a big hp 1jz but it's really a 1.5j
Old 08-15-09, 08:27 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
Smiley has a big hp 1jz but it's really a 1.5j
Yes sir, so that doesn't count....
Old 08-15-09, 08:27 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
I beg to differ senor, and I know when I say this some people are going to take this wrong way but what the hell. Teelex and Roger are not on my level, I'm tuned to 29psi and Terry is tuned to 22psi and there's about a 105 rwhp difference however as we all know Teelex once tuned to the same 29 psi will make much more power than my set up..

I thought the goal was to prove me wrong, well I guess you've had a change in heart. Are you looking to switch sides, Dre? Are you a 2J fan after all??

Also, I said that a 1J in a SC or Supra will never beat me, just so we won't have any confusion..
knee slapper for real...!Never said I wasn't. I have one sitting on a stand in my garage waiting for a home. with that said, no 2j has at my level has ever given me a beat down. The level that we are talking about here that concerns you is the 600 +/- 15hp.

For your sake, don't claim a higher level. Does not look good to have your *** on a platter handed to you by someone in a lower lever. just my opinion.
Old 08-15-09, 08:30 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

i have nothing against 1j's.most of you guys have strong ones.im just not gonna go back on displacement.
Old 08-15-09, 08:31 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

who cares if its tons of $$$$. its that person hard earned $$$$ and if it makes 800-1000 hp oh well.... what one spend on their car is up to them and no ones elses business as you say all the time wicked sc run want you brung and it that persons boost controller is not working or have a blown tire.. never should have left home like that.... .... can you imagine if all of us have a 2j (for example) had the same hp of around 500hp what would be talking about.... ooops i missed a gear or my tire pressure was off by 1lb hence not traction..... Respect to you Mr Wicked... great build great car. it any one wants to take Wicked of the throne spend you money well and stop finding excuses.... buy the way smiley made 900+ just 2-3 weeks ago.. happy made 700+
Old 08-15-09, 08:34 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drewgo
knee slapper for real...!Never said I wasn't. I have one sitting on a stand in my garage waiting for a home. with that said, no 2j has at my level has ever given me a beat down. The level that we are talking about here that concerns you is the 600 +/- 15hp.

For your sake, don't claim a higher level. Does not look good to have your *** on a platter handed to you by someone in a lower lever. just my opinion.
That's right, you were on the 2J camp/farm but you ran into a little issue so you fell back to the 1J. It's all good Dre and I hope that you're the one to hand me my azz on a platter..
Old 08-15-09, 08:35 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

why does it not count.. thats like you saying that your car is not a true NA-t... 1jz, 1.5j same sheit
Old 08-15-09, 08:38 PM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

what do you mean jerome, so your setup doesn't count neather bA.
Old 08-15-09, 08:38 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Yaad_style
why does it not count.. thats like you saying that your car is not a true NA-t... 1jz, 1.5j same sheit
It doesn't count because it's a 2J shortblock and a built one also....

Show me a true 1J longblock(Head/Shortblock) that's doing it...
Old 08-15-09, 08:39 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

There's no down fall to the 1J,it's a good engine. IMO they're just limited and maybe inferior to the 2J. We all know that displacement means power..I would like to see the 1J that makes 1000hp, and whoever owns that engine must have spent a ton load of $$$ much more than what you would have to spend to get a 2J to the same power level...

Go ahead Big juice, defend the 1J's...
oh boy ... here we go!
You will blow a 2j rod out the side before you do a 1j. The cost is Just as much as it would a 2j. I know of someone who made 803rwhp through a 1j. Yanked it and replaced it with a 2j and made less power. Both set up are tuned by Chris speed. Go figure. They are 2 different beast and each has it's pros and cons.
It comes down to where you spend your $$$$, period. When you run a 1j at the same hp level as you. Then you will understand what I am talking about now.
For the record. The first time Smiley broke into the 1000hp making 1042rwhp to be exact he did it through a stock block and worked head. And yes it was a 1j block. He wanted to push the limit so he sprayed and it went kaboom.
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by n!k0y@
what do you mean jerome, so your setup doesn't count neather bA.
I'm not sure why mine wouldn't count? My set up is a NA-T set up.

Can you get your car on the road so we can count yours finally??
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

jerome listen to this one of this day youll be beat by 1jzgte, and make sure you dont have excuses,
Old 08-15-09, 08:41 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

It doesn't count because it's a 2J shortblock and a built one also....

Show me a true 1J longblock(Head/Shortblock) that's doing it...
does that mean your car is a 2jzGTE or 2jzGE....????????
Old 08-15-09, 08:42 PM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

I'm not sure why mine wouldn't count? My set up is a NA-T set up.

Can you get your car on the road so we can count yours finally??
because you have a NA=T HEAD and 2JZGTE bottom so what are you talking about///// and yes my car is ready for tomorrow just to let you know, i know you want to do chicke stew with my car but that never gonna happen.... you little CAT.....

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa