Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-09, 12:21 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at the shell gas station last night on pines and dykes rd. I was on my way to my cousin house to drink I also notice ever since I got back I have a bad drinking problem. I was putting gas into my car when I notice a gun metal is300 on some staggered Rota slip streams. I was approached by the driver he started to walk around my car and stair at the intercooler. he open his mouth and the first words that come out of his mouth was "did I beat you 2 weeks ago heading east on Pines" Hmmmmm......

I was out of the country 5 days ago and I don't remember running anybody since I got back. he begins to give me a history lesson on his car and how reliable and how many turbo cars he beats with his ebay built turbo kit. OMG I paid for 35 bucks in gas and I am only at 17 so I had to put up with this kids talk about how much HP his car makes and how he blew away a red turbo IS and a Black turbo SC. 24 bucks into the pump and I am stairing at the monitor dying and I think my ears are going to pop. He then starts to ask me about my car I look at the monitor and I am at 31 bucks. the pump got to 34.60 and now it gets worst counting down those 40 cents would be long and tiring so I just put the pump back in and told him love to keep talking but I gotta go so I left. Wow they need to start making pumps that pump gas quicker.

Last edited by DINH300; 09-28-09 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-28-09, 12:55 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

lol its morris, and yes plz my tpms.. thanks..
Originally Posted by DINH300
Yes I remember you, I just so happen to forget your name, thats all.... I know Mores I will get them unmounted when I get my new tires put on next week.
Old 09-30-09, 08:54 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default warning this is a long one

A lifted Chevy dually tried to give a face full of black exhaust .Heading west on Sunrise Blvd I was a couple of cars behind this dually watching it smoking everyone next to it with its 6 inch tail pipe.The driver and his passenger were having a good old laugh @ everyone's expense . And of course it being awesome night out my windows were down.And because of it I to was getting some of the residual blow back.

I then leaned over and hit the button on the boost controller to the high setting .Because at this point I just had enough of it already. I took the right lane to go around these butt heads. But I got caught at the light.So here I am sitting right next to this dually thinking I'm about to get a face full black exhaust.I am now watching the traffic light to my left seeing when it will turn yellow so that I could inch forward. I started to inch forward to get myself as far as possible from his rear end .I guess you can say a little head start. These dually have a ton of off the line torque, which I don't. The light turns yellow and at this point I had my car in low gear and trans braking up to 2400 and slowing creeping pass the intersection double line.The light go green and I left my car is barely moving .So here comes the black smoke. Remember I was a good half of a car length on them . Just as the exhaust tip is approaching my open window .My sweet boost started to come on and quick .In all the excitement I forgot i was still in low gear.I quickly realized it and threw it in to 3rd full boost came on , car went side ways a little. And then as all ways a buff of black smoke came out of my exhaust for them to suck on and I never looked back.. this ones for you mama

One small kill for non boosted kinds and one giant kick a$$ feeling for me ..
Old 10-01-09, 02:25 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ hahaha!!!!
Old 10-05-09, 01:14 PM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
A lifted Chevy dually tried to give a face full of black exhaust .Heading west on Sunrise Blvd I was a couple of cars behind this dually watching it smoking everyone next to it with its 6 inch tail pipe.The driver and his passenger were having a good old laugh @ everyone's expense . And of course it being awesome night out my windows were down.And because of it I to was getting some of the residual blow back.

I then leaned over and hit the button on the boost controller to the high setting .Because at this point I just had enough of it already. I took the right lane to go around these butt heads. But I got caught at the light.So here I am sitting right next to this dually thinking I'm about to get a face full black exhaust.I am now watching the traffic light to my left seeing when it will turn yellow so that I could inch forward. I started to inch forward to get myself as far as possible from his rear end .I guess you can say a little head start. These dually have a ton of off the line torque, which I don't. The light turns yellow and at this point I had my car in low gear and trans braking up to 2400 and slowing creeping pass the intersection double line.The light go green and I left my car is barely moving .So here comes the black smoke. Remember I was a good half of a car length on them . Just as the exhaust tip is approaching my open window .My sweet boost started to come on and quick .In all the excitement I forgot i was still in low gear.I quickly realized it and threw it in to 3rd full boost came on , car went side ways a little. And then as all ways a buff of black smoke came out of my exhaust for them to suck on and I never looked back.. this ones for you mama

One small kill for non boosted kinds and one giant kick a$$ feeling for me ..
NICE RUN That chevy prob had a face like !!!!
Old 10-06-09, 07:54 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

I'm leaving The Grocery store around 11pm when I am pulling up to a red light and a white FoxBody Mustang is just sitting there. You know the typical stuff, Drag Radial Traction bars and a rumble. As I am approaching light goes green and I am in 2nd. I am on the phone, so I look over and 2 big dudes with a smile on their face looking at me. Driver just hits it and jump out in from of me. Once boost came online I blew passed the Stang. He probobly thought that I was not going to race him since I was not really pulling because of lag then all of a sudden I launch off. So I told my friend I'll call her back so I can focus on situation at hand. He does a Ricer-fly-by (although he's American Muscle). So now I am cruising I need to turn into my complex but he is sitting at another light just waiting for me. So I just said Faq-it. Let's do this from a dig. I know I am going to get owned but I'll catch up..... I hope! As I am pulling up I haven't yet come to a complete stop and Light goes green. So now the dig race turned into a roll race. I am in 1st we both hit it, as usual he jumps out 1car. Boost comes online, spin a little, 2nd and hooks nice (Thanks Robert, love them Falkens) Blow right pass the "American Muscle". Top of 3rd I had him by 2 cars. Dude looks kinda dissappointed and tells me that I cheated...... WTF! He said I sprayed......LMMFAO! No such thing I tell him. U wanna go again, I tell him. Let's do it, He said. No need to go into detail about the third run, It was a little worse for him then the 2nd.
I am sure he's calling Summit this morning for More NOS.
Old 10-06-09, 08:48 AM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by drewgo
I'm leaving The Grocery store around 11pm when I am pulling up to a red light and a white FoxBody Mustang is just sitting there. You know the typical stuff, Drag Radial Traction bars and a rumble. As I am approaching light goes green and I am in 2nd. I am on the phone, so I look over and 2 big dudes with a smile on their face looking at me. Driver just hits it and jump out in from of me. Once boost came online I blew passed the Stang. He probobly thought that I was not going to race him since I was not really pulling because of lag then all of a sudden I launch off. So I told my friend I'll call her back so I can focus on situation at hand. He does a Ricer-fly-by (although he's American Muscle). So now I am cruising I need to turn into my complex but he is sitting at another light just waiting for me. So I just said Faq-it. Let's do this from a dig. I know I am going to get owned but I'll catch up..... I hope! As I am pulling up I haven't yet come to a complete stop and Light goes green. So now the dig race turned into a roll race. I am in 1st we both hit it, as usual he jumps out 1car. Boost comes online, spin a little, 2nd and hooks nice (Thanks Robert, love them Falkens) Blow right pass the "American Muscle". Top of 3rd I had him by 2 cars. Dude looks kinda dissappointed and tells me that I cheated...... WTF! He said I sprayed......LMMFAO! No such thing I tell him. U wanna go again, I tell him. Let's do it, He said. No need to go into detail about the third run, It was a little worse for him then the 2nd.
CONGRATS DREY!!!
Old 10-06-09, 05:52 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by drewgo
You go go drewgo .. Yo missed you on Sunday
Old 10-06-09, 06:52 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

You go go drewgo .. Yo missed you on Sunday
Yeah I had to go to Jupiter on Friday and nearly got stuck up there cuz my car was overheating. Haven't sorted out the issue yet but been filling the rad once a day. So I decided to stay.
At least I can go to the mile run since I missed this. THE VIRTUES OF MARRAIGE
Old 10-07-09, 05:07 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ great run Dre!!! im pretty sure mustang guy was highly upset!!!
+1 for another muscle car down
+5 for anotha fast a$$ 1jz!!
Old 10-07-09, 09:50 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Default adopted a small CLFL family for 30 mins.

Not a kill story. Coming back from PBIR last Sunday as soon as I got on the turnpike I came across a brand new MX5 .Now this isn't what you think it is.. .Anyways there we were cruising bout up there ish . We both blow by a blue VW 1.8T with a big fm .Needless to say he didn't like that to much .

Just a reminder I left the meet early that day feeling real tired ,so I was driving home solo.Well not for long .The MX ,Jetta and now an Acura TLS are in the mix joking back and forth for miles.And lastly in my rear view was 09 Thundra hauling a$$ after us .So I'm like is it or isn't it the man..Not being sure I sort of lifted off the pedal.Until it blow by us all .So the TL S looked over at me like to say lets go and he took off .I followed so as did the MX and the Jetta. So here we all were five strangers with a common goal .Not to be the one in the back of the pack .Now you know what happens to those in the back..

Have to say it was fun .And I felt like I had adopted a little CLFL family on my drive home.. Got home quick that day..I guess there is a little CLFL in everyone out there..
Old 10-08-09, 06:28 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Not a kill story. Coming back from PBIR last Sunday as soon as I got on the turnpike I came across a brand new MX5 .Now this isn't what you think it is.. .Anyways there we were cruising bout up there ish . We both blow by a blue VW 1.8T with a big fm .Needless to say he didn't like that to much .

Just a reminder I left the meet early that day feeling real tired ,so I was driving home solo.Well not for long .The MX ,Jetta and now an Acura TLS are in the mix joking back and forth for miles.And lastly in my rear view was 09 Thundra hauling a$$ after us .So I'm like is it or isn't it the man..Not being sure I sort of lifted off the pedal.Until it blow by us all .So the TL S looked over at me like to say lets go and he took off .I followed so as did the MX and the Jetta. So here we all were five strangers with a common goal .Not to be the one in the back of the pack .Now you know what happens to those in the back..

Have to say it was fun .And I felt like I had adopted a little CLFL family on my drive home.. Got home quick that day..I guess there is a little CLFL in everyone out there..
Mr.LRD, that right there is fun....

Roger and myself were talking the other day. We'd like to go and hang like we used to. We'll go to 1 spot, maybe do some runs, then gets raided by cops and we move to another spot. ON the way to the next spot you run into tons of characters and get some good runs. Since there were so many ppl cruisin to the next spot it created a safe haven to run.
Getting together at towers then going to get chicken was far from the usual itinerary. Not that I don't mind doing that, but We'd do this til about 2-3am then go home and do it all over again the on Saturday. (sigh)"THE GOOD'OLE DAYS"
Old 10-10-09, 06:17 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

On my way home from Daisy Dukes after Towers last night, minding my own buisness with Seth just behind me, when I pass a BMW645. The 645 driver, with girlfriend/wife, must not have liked that he was being passed, so the next thing I know he's right next to me. Now mind you that this Bimmer has rims with a nice lip, but I'm not sure anything else. Well we probably know what happens next, turbo spools and the red car runs ( not walks ) away from the Bimmer. I slow and he does the flyby trick, so I spool again and go for the 'blow-by.' At this point he is done as I hit XXX mph. So, red SC 1, BMW 0.
Old 10-10-09, 06:32 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
On my way home from Daisy Dukes after Towers last night, minding my own buisness with Seth just behind me, when I pass a BMW645. The 645 driver, with girlfriend/wife, must not have liked that he was being passed, so the next thing I know he's right next to me. Now mind you that this Bimmer has rims with a nice lip, but I'm not sure anything else. Well we probably know what happens next, turbo spools and the red car runs ( not walks ) away from the Bimmer. I slow and he does the flyby trick, so I spool again and go for the 'blow-by.' At this point he is done as I hit XXX mph. So, red SC 1, BMW 0.
nice kill terry

i must last night , your turbo sounds wicked when spooled , just like a jet bro

you gotta love the dual ball bearing sound, just one of the reasons why i love the dbb setup on mine as well.. from inside your car you dont hear the same thing we hear from outside the car , trust me terry yours sounds like a fighter jet taking off
Old 10-10-09, 06:44 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
nice kill terry

i must last night , your turbo sounds wicked when spooled , just like a jet bro

you gotta love the dual ball bearing sound, just one of the reasons why i love the dbb setup on mine as well.. from inside your car you dont hear the same thing we hear from outside the car , trust me terry yours sounds like a fighter jet taking off
Thanks Ed. I do like that turbine spool up sound - as you know my entire career has been designing/working on mainly flight turbine engines. Just the other day, I commented to my younger son that when the SC's T71 DBB/billet turbo spools, it sounds like a flight turbine engine spooling up ( certainly not as loud, though ). I wonder if the BMW was near me long enough to 'hear' the spool - I think not

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa