Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-09, 11:12 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your engine. I every now and then tune in on to this thread to read some of the storys and happen to stumble accross your post. Anyways as you know with any performance car these kinds of things do happen so I am sure you will do your homework and come back even stronger.

Best of luck also in your businerss endeavor as well

Al
Old 10-26-09, 02:25 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn john that sucks bro .I occasionally pop in this thread to see the talk but wasent expecting this. If you need any help hit me up.
Old 10-27-09, 06:08 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Wow man....really ****ty. As I told u on the phone, when you are ready to pick the wrenches up give me a ring as I have a hoist ready

At the very least it would be a fun afternoon to pull everything and strip it down and see what we can determine was the cause of failure.

When your ready to pick the torch up again you know all of us will lend a hand!
Old 10-31-09, 11:25 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DINH300
I thought John was up there with the big dogs.
Damn Dinh I just notice this .You know I can't make that list ..I rock a piggy back.lol

Originally Posted by dexlex2002
sorry to hear about your engine john. i know you will come back harder than before
Thanks Dex

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
Hey John. Sorry to hear about the motor. Hopefully you get back on boost soon. Keep us updated.
Thanks Shameed .will do

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Sorry to hear the bad news John. Cant wait to see the car when it comes out daft punk style (Harder, better, faster, stronger)
Thanks C I'll do my best not to disappoint

Originally Posted by 96sc300
John sorry to hear about the motor! I know the next to come will be bigger and better then ever!
Thanks Chris

Originally Posted by TeeLex
John, a bad day in SoFlo SC boostland......sorry to hear about the motor. Hope everything comes together for a quick rebuild.
Kind of you to say Terry ..I'm taking the head off Monday just to make sure I could forward with a rebuild..Thanks bud

Originally Posted by Yaad_style
Sorry to hear John.. Welcome to the club. jsut come back out better. thats all. just take time do your chit with what matters more. get the business off ther ground first.
This is motor number 3 for me .2 3sgte's and this is my first 2j. So yeah I could say been a member for some time now. Been boosting since 1990. Now that I think about it 3 motors in 19 yr's is not a bad ratio.lol Sorry to hear bout motor bro.Glad to see you'll be joining the 2j fam.I know CLSFL needs to be on the look out...Hopefully I'll be calling you soon for some ins. advice.Thanks Steve

Originally Posted by Dew23
John sorry to hear Bro i know you wil be back better, hope i can hang with you when you rebuild.
Yeah right see what happens when I tried to hang with your big #'s ..Thanks big Dave

Originally Posted by pheobo
DAM! Sorry to hear. Hope it comes back sooner then later.
Thanks bro and welcome to CL. I have to admit I sure miss your avatar..lol One word comes to mind (Nice) It is such a recognized avatar .I guess CL plays a little more conservatively hope it doesn't deter you from posting and being a part of our Lexus community . Welcome

Originally Posted by oztiks
I still feel bad about this ordeal
Okay then donate about a thousand so that you can feel better ..Money fixes most things .lol J/k man engine blow, trannys brake etc etc ..It's all good

Originally Posted by 98$c300
Sorry to hear that John.let me know when you need a hand with the swap.we can make another swap party.like we did for Robert.remember I got access to my shop anytime.
Thank you Richard I got your #. lol

Originally Posted by Punky
Sorry to hear John hope to see you back in action soon! An if you need a hand in the swap you know I will be there to help along with a lot of CLFL!
Thanks Joseph I got your # too

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your engine. I every now and then tune in on to this thread to read some of the storys and happen to stumble accross your post. Anyways as you know with any performance car these kinds of things do happen so I am sure you will do your homework and come back even stronger.

Best of luck also in your businerss endeavor as well

Al
Thanks Albert for your kind words and best wishes .I have done some home work and it looks like AEM is the way to go. yeah NOT J/K AEM folks don't get bent

Originally Posted by sc250tt
Damn john that sucks bro .I occasionally pop in this thread to see the talk but wasent expecting this. If you need any help hit me up.
Thanks Trent .I'll take you up on that can you get a Getrag auto tranny from an E55 for cheap ..lol

Originally Posted by shaodome
Wow man....really ****ty. As I told u on the phone, when you are ready to pick the wrenches up give me a ring as I have a hoist ready

At the very least it would be a fun afternoon to pull everything and strip it down and see what we can determine was the cause of failure.

When your ready to pick the torch up again you know all of us will lend a hand!
Thanks Jordan I appreciate all the help you've given me in the past .All I ask is that you get me that Mega power comp. asap
Old 11-01-09, 05:09 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about your car. Hit me up when your ready to drop in another motor. I'll be there to help.
Old 11-01-09, 08:36 AM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Damn john that freakin sucks!!! Sorry to here that. Talk about money to spend now...Lil by lil john, u be back on the ball again. For now, try to stick with ur start up at full speed to get the ball rollin...
Old 11-01-09, 10:39 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tonight on my way home from work on 595 I see a car from far away with hids and yellow fogs. I could tell it was an is300 by the distance between the headlights and fogs. I was driving slow because I am very tired from work. I got out at 1am. It was a white is. It looked stock though. I don't remember if it had a lip but it was on stock wheels. He pulls next to me as we were exiting on university and says nice car and hits it so I put in 3rd and blow past him by 3 cars and decided to keep going through 4th. I had about 10-15 cars at about 120mph. Then he flashed me and I slowed down. So we are both on university now and he asked if I wanted to trade. I said no of course lol.

Then we get to a light. He asks how much power am I making and I told him I'm on 14-15psi but I don't know how much power. The light turns green so he hits it and I roll into 1st and hit it with him. I'm spinning next to him countersteering as I go sideways a little and when I hit 2nd I'm still spinning but I'm leaving him bad and then I put it in 3rd and slowed down. I probably was about 5 cars ahead. And then I went on my way home and drove slow again. I did see a cop but it was a while after i slowed down.

He was a Spanish guy with his friend or brother or something.
Old 11-02-09, 12:39 AM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Tonight on my way home from work on 595 I see a car from far away with hids and yellow fogs. I could tell it was an is300 by the distance between the headlights and fogs. I was driving slow because I am very tired from work. I got out at 1am. It was a white is. It looked stock though. I don't remember if it had a lip but it was on stock wheels. He pulls next to me as we were exiting on university and says nice car and hits it so I put in 3rd and blow past him by 3 cars and decided to keep going through 4th. I had about 10-15 cars at about 120mph. Then he flashed me and I slowed down. So we are both on university now and he asked if I wanted to trade. I said no of course lol.

Then we get to a light. He asks how much power am I making and I told him I'm on 14-15psi but I don't know how much power. The light turns green so he hits it and I roll into 1st and hit it with him. I'm spinning next to him countersteering as I go sideways a little and when I hit 2nd I'm still spinning but I'm leaving him bad and then I put it in 3rd and slowed down. I probably was about 5 cars ahead. And then I went on my way home and drove slow again. I did see a cop but it was a while after i slowed down.

He was a Spanish guy with his friend or brother or something.
Nice kill. stop picking on the poor lil IS300
Old 11-02-09, 12:45 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey both times he hit it first so he was trying to pick on me lol
Old 11-02-09, 08:30 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Hey both times he hit it first so he was trying to pick on me lol
All is fair in love and war ..

The quote was "The rules of fair play do not apply in love and war. 1578 John Lyly

Or should he have said on streets and racing .

Nice kills Shameed.
Old 11-03-09, 10:14 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

got beat by a half car by an IS300 w/ exhaust and who knows what else a few nights ago but... i was in my GF's stock AUTO scion tc lol

..wished i would have had been driving the GS.
Old 11-06-09, 05:24 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Pulling the motor this Saturday morning .I'll be sure let everyone know what I find. ..
Old 11-06-09, 07:28 AM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Smile motor pull

Originally Posted by //LRD
Pulling the motor this Saturday morning .I'll be sure let everyone know what I find. ..
What do you expect to find. 1 good cylinder and piston lol... good luck on the pull keep us posted
Old 11-06-09, 07:43 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yaad_style
What do you expect to find. 1 good cylinder and piston lol... good luck on the pull keep us posted
Steven, form your signature I see that you've join the big boy club and your
2J Transplant is complete?? Congrats!!!
Old 11-06-09, 08:17 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Steven, form your signature I see that you've join the big boy club and your
2J Transplant is complete?? Congrats!!!

LOL.... So when are the big juice big boy club gonna run the little boy big juice club????

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa