Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-09, 09:26 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
Ed your to make Jordan feel lefted out the man been calling you out for the longest.
when the time comes , roger , myself and jordan and yardy can do a roll from 40mph

but will be from 40 to 165 so i guess that leaves jordan out for hes only deadly from 40 to 100
Old 11-17-09, 09:59 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
when the time comes , roger , myself and jordan and yardy can do a roll from 40mph

but will be from 40 to 165 so i guess that leaves jordan out for hes only deadly from 40 to 100
Hey I never said about spinning 4th Don't worry...I already grabbed a spare set of RX7 FD rims that I'll be using for my drag radials. Hey jon, what is the widest tire I can run on an 8.5 in wheel?

As for deadly to 100.....may I submit exhibit A:

That was with the emanage prior, conservative timing on pump gas, 91F shop temps w/ 30% humidity....

As you can see my little 62mm billet turbo w/ the .68 back housing is still kicking. Power is not falling off. Now with my own timing map in the mix the power curve is just going to get wider. You might make more peak, but area under the curve is what's going to matter.

Either way I think its going to be a great race!
Old 11-17-09, 10:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

130 is where my cams come to full life so you better be able to hit 165 and fast from 100+ or else BYE BYE baby
Old 11-17-09, 10:19 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

130 is where my cams come to full life so you better be able to hit 165 and fast from 100+ or else BYE BYE baby
Race is well over before 165 You can race a 747 and if you go long enough it'll eventually pass you.
Old 11-17-09, 10:24 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FD wheels are 16x8 +50 offset. You might as wheel get supra tt rears 17x9.5 +50
Old 11-17-09, 10:27 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

let me just say this

great runs by 2 great guys who know there cars

but in all fairness , being on 17 in drag radials takes less power to turn then 20in wheels .. the supra will get to speed quicker but the 20's will hold top end with less power its simple laws of physics
Based on this Jerome should of caught Roger in the first one and ran him down.

race 1 was great but jerome was in wrong gear for a 6sp to slam it imo

race 2 and 3 ( which i was on there tail ) was a different story when jerome rolled into second and slammed 3rd
40 roll in 2nd is perfect gearing for both. In fact if you plot the gearing Jerome's gears allow him to stay in the powerband throughout every gear. Can't beat a close ratio 6spd.
i think this should be redone from say 60mph on up and not where it was last time , this should be done where jerome and dave did theres ( no one mention locations please i think even on jeromes 20's there MIGHT be a different outcome
If roger is in 2nd then 60 will still be ok since he'll be revving at 6k and still has 1200rpm. Which will be very lethal if he hooks. Jerome can take off from 60 in 3rd with no problem which is what happened the 2nd run when It should of been 80mph. That was Roger's bad to not be assured they were rolling at the agreed speed.

i plan on doing pump and 103 tune so maybe rogers 28psi against me at 26psi both on r154's , this should be interesting
(puts on Don King Hat)
That will be a very good run. And make sure that you are over 593rwhp
I don't think the 2j community can take another loss to a 1j.
Old 11-17-09, 10:40 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
FD wheels are 16x8 +50 offset. You might as wheel get supra tt rears 17x9.5 +50
I already own them from the previous car and I've seen some people run them...in addition I have 15mm spacers in the rear.
Old 11-17-09, 10:57 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

dre 2nd gear on a 6sp is almost useless kinda like our 1st gear

if roger was long gone because jerome had to back off completely how the heck is he supposed to fully catch him , i can see it if roger had like 450hp but hes already running more then jerome to begin with so of course hes gonna pull away

3rd gear pulls are far more effective for a v160

jordan , you forget i am dbb and trust me boost comes on fast and hard but so linear that i dont lose traction

and yes at 26psi will be well into rogers terr and beyond
Old 11-17-09, 11:03 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

let me just say this

great runs by 2 great guys who know there cars

but in all fairness , being on 17 in drag radials takes less power to turn then 20in wheels .. the supra will get to speed quicker but the 20's will hold top end with less power its simple laws of physics

race 1 was great but jerome was in wrong gear for a 6sp to slam it imo

race 2 and 3 ( which i was on there tail ) was a different story when jerome rolled into second and slammed 3rd

add to the equation almost 20 more rwhp hp and a smaller compressor wheel

i think this should be redone from say 60mph on up and not where it was last time , this should be done where jerome and dave did theres ( no one mention locations please i think even on jeromes 20's there MIGHT be a different outcome

maybe if i ever get these cams in and fix the coolant problem and get retuned i would like to match up with roger

i plan on doing pump and 103 tune so maybe rogers 28psi against me at 26psi both on r154's , this should be interesting

ED,
Not to start cheet but these cams you have, have made more trips through the pages of multiple forums and threads then I care to remember, you have them should I put them in/// Alfa says don;t put them in /// I just got my 268 cams /// at this rate my 14 yr old son will be racing you and the cams might still not be in!! Not to give you to much grief but a boost leak for 6 months or at least in your signature/// cams for 6 months/// coolant loss for at least 3 months/// braking in the clutch 3 months/// if I do the math conservatively /// 6+6+3+3= YEP you will be racing Jason but I will have to put my foot down and that race will only be at the track, and If memory serves me correct you didn't build a track car so I guess that ends that!!!! LMFAO But seriously just put the wam things in already and fly in Alfa so you will know that a 1j is a motor to be reckoned with ( win, lose, or draw) Respect earned Respect given Don't you think its about time??????
Old 11-17-09, 11:16 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
ED,
Not to start cheet but these cams you have, have made more trips through the pages of multiple forums and threads then I care to remember, you have them should I put them in/// Alfa says don;t put them in /// I just got my 268 cams /// at this rate my 14 yr old son will be racing you and the cams might still not be in!! Not to give you to much grief but a boost leak for 6 months or at least in your signature/// cams for 6 months/// coolant loss for at least 3 months/// braking in the clutch 3 months/// if I do the math conservatively /// 6+6+3+3= YEP you will be racing Jason but I will have to put my foot down and that race will only be at the track, and If memory serves me correct you didn't build a track car so I guess that ends that!!!! LMFAO But seriously just put the wam things in already and fly in Alfa so you will know that a 1j is a motor to be reckoned with ( win, lose, or draw) Respect earned Respect given Don't you think its about time??????
omg you are toooooo funny

boost leak was boost leak , problems solved there

coolant leak is still driving me crazy , richard , danny etc etc can all attest to that seeing in person

cams just got in my possession like 3 weeks ago ,so whats your point

dont worry little 1j man , i didnt build it for drag racing but will fortify it to try and hand you your a$$

i think it would be very intersting both on race tunes

i do things my own way and in my own time which is why may car still runs strong after 2.5 yrs on boost on a na-t setup
Old 11-17-09, 11:26 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

dre 2nd gear on a 6sp is almost useless kinda like our 1st gear

if roger was long gone because jerome had to back off completely how the heck is he supposed to fully catch him , i can see it if roger had like 450hp but hes already running more then jerome to begin with so of course hes gonna pull away

3rd gear pulls are far more effective for a v160

jordan , you forget i am dbb and trust me boost comes on fast and hard but so linear that i dont lose traction

and yes at 26psi will be well into rogers terr and beyond
You don't lose traction because you have boat anchors for wheels I'm sure we'll both run eventually, but I'll tell you now, I'm not rolling to 160, you can have that trophy

I'll just dial down the boost in 2nd and were good to go.

You did test for HCs in the coolant right? That came back negative????

If you haven't already, Autozone rents the tool to pressurize your coolant system. Worth a shot, considering its free and will take like 5 min.

Last edited by shaodome; 11-17-09 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-17-09, 11:55 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shaodome
You don't lose traction because you have boat anchors for wheels I'm sure we'll both run eventually, but I'll tell you now, I'm not rolling to 160, you can have that trophy

I'll just dial down the boost in 2nd and were good to go.

You did test for HCs in the coolant right? That came back negative????

If you haven't already, Autozone rents the tool to pressurize your coolant system. Worth a shot, considering its free and will take like 5 min.
yeah no hydo in rad but i come to find out that it not 100% the test

i have talked to a few pros as well as arp and they all concur that i should try re trq the head bolts to see if one might be alittle off creating a ever so slight lift around the water jackets whereas it would over pressurize the cooling system under sustained full boost

if not here comes new hg
Old 11-17-09, 11:58 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

yeah no hydo in rad but i come to find out that it not 100% the test

i have talked to a few pros as well as arp and they all concur that i should try re trq the head bolts to see if one might be alittle off creating a ever so slight lift around the water jackets whereas it would over pressurize the cooling system under sustained full boost

if not here comes new hg
Let me know when to bring the tq wrench by..... But have you tried the pressure test yet???

Last edited by shaodome; 11-17-09 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 12:15 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

omg you are toooooo funny

boost leak was boost leak , problems solved there

coolant leak is still driving me crazy , richard , danny etc etc can all attest to that seeing in person

cams just got in my possession like 3 weeks ago ,so whats your point

dont worry little 1j man , i didnt build it for drag racing but will fortify it to try and hand you your a$$

i think it would be very intersting both on race tunes

i do things my own way and in my own time which is why may car still runs strong after 2.5 yrs on boost on a na-t setup

ED,
The point was we had to hear about the leak for at least 6 months, the cams you told everybody you had and then we see a post about finally got the 268's probably 2 months later no wonder why you didn't put them in before we went to Homestead, all I'm saying is your toys stay new for an awfully long time because they don't always exist we you say they do!!
You just spent time energy and money to pull your v covers and plenum for polishing and the cams are where??? If I was going to do all that work I surely would of retorqued the head and put the cams in then or changed the HG if necessary for the coolant loss issue!!!! Just my 2 cents!!!!

"(i didnt build it for drag racing but will fortify it to try and hand you your a$$)"
You mean so you can call my son Jason his # is 954) 709-$$$9

Last edited by blk&blu*j; 11-17-09 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-17-09, 12:33 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
ED,
The point was we had to hear about the leak for at least 6 months, the cams you told everybody you had and then we see a post about finally got the 268's probably 2 months later no wonder why you didn't put them in before we went to Homestead, all I'm saying is your toys stay new for an awfully long time because they don't always exist we you say they do!!
You just spent time energy and money to pull your v covers and plenum for polishing and the cams are where??? If I was going to do all that work I surely would of retorqued the head and put the cams in then or changed the HG if necessary for the coolant loss issue!!!! Just my 2 cents!!!!

"(i didnt build it for drag racing but will fortify it to try and hand you your a$$)"
You mean so you can call my son Jason his # is 954) 709-$$$9
cams were mine but did not come into my possession until recently

i am not rushing to put them in until i work things out with my tuner

doing valve covers and manny has nothing to do with installing cams and getting tuned properly especially when i have a coolant loss/push problem that comes and goes

changing hg if need be will be done but when i feel like it if thats okay with you BOSS

point i make is , i dont operate like some do , my installs happen a certain way or during a certain time period for MY reasons only , respect that please..

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa