Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-10, 08:35 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two for Tuesday?

Been driving the SC for the last few days and enjoying the nice weather for a change. Car has been running pretty strong.

Coming home tonight from work I was on the Sawgrass Exp and saw a newer GTO up ahead (well heard it first). It had some sort of aftermarket exhaust and was lowered, so I decided to pick a fight. Pulled up next to him and let the 2 step fly. He takes the bait and IMMEDIATELY downshifts and takes off. I left the SC in 4th gear and just mashed it. Easily reeled him in by the end of fourth and just continued to stretch....

He decides he wants more....now i'm in 3rd . He again just takes off, but this time he didn't have a chance in hell....10 cars? 15 cars? I don't know...he was way back there

All this playing around caught the attention of another car....in my rear view I see lights coming up on me fast and then pull along side me. Much to my surprise it was a BRAND SPANKIN NEW Shelby 500!!!! **** just got real.

All I could tell was some sort of aftermarket exhaust as that thing was loud as hell when he opened it up. Next thing I know its 3 beeps and he's on it! I was def late but by the end of 4th I managed to pull a car. I motion 1 more time....he obliges.

3rd gear, brake boosting, sparks flying...beep....beep....beep, I get the hit there and were even through 3rd. I throw 4th and start walking, by the time we are at say 6200+rpm in 5th (you do the math) I have 2-3 cars on the Stang

When I get back next week, I'd like to see what's up with this GTR that is embarrassing all of my friends
Old 11-17-10, 05:04 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaodome
Two for Tuesday?

Been driving the SC for the last few days and enjoying the nice weather for a change. Car has been running pretty strong.

Coming home tonight from work I was on the Sawgrass Exp and saw a newer GTO up ahead (well heard it first). It had some sort of aftermarket exhaust and was lowered, so I decided to pick a fight. Pulled up next to him and let the 2 step fly. He takes the bait and IMMEDIATELY downshifts and takes off. I left the SC in 4th gear and just mashed it. Easily reeled him in by the end of fourth and just continued to stretch....

He decides he wants more....now i'm in 3rd . He again just takes off, but this time he didn't have a chance in hell....10 cars? 15 cars? I don't know...he was way back there

All this playing around caught the attention of another car....in my rear view I see lights coming up on me fast and then pull along side me. Much to my surprise it was a BRAND SPANKIN NEW Shelby 500!!!! **** just got real.

All I could tell was some sort of aftermarket exhaust as that thing was loud as hell when he opened it up. Next thing I know its 3 beeps and he's on it! I was def late but by the end of 4th I managed to pull a car. I motion 1 more time....he obliges.

3rd gear, brake boosting, sparks flying...beep....beep....beep, I get the hit there and were even through 3rd. I throw 4th and start walking, by the time we are at say 6200+rpm in 5th (you do the math) I have 2-3 cars on the Stang
Nice twofer

When I get back next week, I'd like to see what's up with this GTR that is embarrassing all of my friends
I'll pay to watch that..
Old 11-17-10, 06:12 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

....Oh Speed.... Ma'Hero! LOL

If anyone is interested, I got tickets for this event.
Old 11-17-10, 06:57 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Will this be on pump gas?? That's what I'll be running.......

Is this going to be a dig........or a roll???
Old 11-17-10, 07:06 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kills Jordan.
Old 11-17-10, 08:05 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

great read,

92 SC 300= $25,000 BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS
RIP. GTO= $34,000 WHEN NEW BUT NOW FORGOTTEN
2010 SHELBY 500= $75,000+ AMEX CARD RACING

PRICELESS OUTCOME

Old 11-17-10, 08:33 AM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
great read,

92 SC 300= $25,000 BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS
RIP. GTO= $34,000 WHEN NEW BUT NOW FORGOTTEN
2010 SHELBY 500= $75,000+ AMEX CARD RACING

PRICELESS OUTCOME

Hahahahahaha
Old 11-17-10, 09:16 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

When is this going down. I want in
Old 11-17-10, 06:17 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Will this be on pump gas?? That's what I'll be running.......

Is this going to be a dig........or a roll???
Since J is in Paris I'll set this up .. Pump only and a 40 roll
Old 11-17-10, 06:26 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
When is this going down. I want in
You might have to disconnect one of those bottles .. I'm sure either Tee or Jay would be accommodating ..
Old 11-18-10, 10:52 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

sometime in early december. Probably on a Tuesday at 3pm for anybody watching.

Terry as always, I'll give you the dig (and take my licks) if you give me the roll.

Leave the bottles....run what you brung, right? I'll be on pump gas for this event.
Old 11-20-10, 11:26 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my way home tonight there was a black 03-04 mustang svt cobra convertible. This is the supercharged one and it wasn't stock. We lined up around 80mph, i heard him downshift, and we both hit it. He got the jump on me and pulled about 2 - 2 1/2 car lengths on me up to about 120mph. Then we lined up again and the same outcome.

I wasn't expecting to beat him but I think my car did pretty good even though I did both runs from 4th gear. His passenger was recording with a video camera so hopefully I see it on YouTube soon so I can find out what mods he has.
Old 11-21-10, 05:10 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

sometime in early december. Probably on a Tuesday at 3pm for anybody watching.

Terry as always, I'll give you the dig (and take my licks) if you give me the roll.

Leave the bottles....run what you brung, right? I'll be on pump gas for this event.
Can I charge for this event ?? lol

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
On my way home tonight there was a black 03-04 mustang svt cobra convertible. This is the supercharged one and it wasn't stock. We lined up around 80mph, i heard him downshift, and we both hit it. He got the jump on me and pulled about 2 - 2 1/2 car lengths on me up to about 120mph. Then we lined up again and the same outcome.

I wasn't expecting to beat him but I think my car did pretty good even though I did both runs from 4th gear. His passenger was recording with a video camera so hopefully I see it on YouTube soon so I can find out what mods he has.

That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. But I sure hope you find that vid..
Old 11-22-10, 12:50 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Only if I get a share of the winnings......"oh snap"

My only request is a set, meaningful, distance.
Old 11-22-10, 05:17 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Just remembered Roger and Jerome any time you guys need driving lessons,just give me a ring..

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa