Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-08, 10:20 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
Sunday morning I was driving west on Sunrise heading to Sawgrass.So driving along and in my rear view is a silver 335i.And this car is doing everything possible to get around all the traffic on Sunrise.As we are approaching Pine Isl this kid is on my *** big time.And just as we reach the intersection of Pine Isl and Sunrise still heading west at the light.I look over and sure enough this guy couldn't of been over 20yrs old.So I'm thinking should I waste my gas on this guy.Hell ya light turn green we both floored it and I got blown away bad.The BMW still had his paper plates boy I made his day.And as for me .And today this Monday morning I got my *** handed to me again this time go south on University by another BMW 335i.This one was greenish blue. He beat me like a red headed step child.That's it I am so adding a Nitrous bottle to my Ford Explorer.Lol
Actually, A 335i will rape the shish-ca-bob out of us. Of the line of coarse. My cousin has one with bolt ons and that is usually the outcome. If we roll he gets a jump but that's it! Straight carnage thereafter!
Old 11-24-08, 05:33 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shlomboy
Well you were in your explorer its not like they got you in your SC... if that hapend than we would have some problems lol
I wish I had my SC.The kid on Sunday with the temp tag,had me hottest!!!...Not because he was driving like an @ss.But because I didn't take the time to put my car back together.And drive it on Sunday mornings like I usually do.I'm going to catch that car one of these days
Old 11-24-08, 06:45 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have this one Itch its been bugging and it makes me feel like crap.

30 minutes ago I was coming back from my cousins house on Pines and 174th and I got to the point were I was at the light on town gate. I look over to the side and notice a Black STI revving this motor. he takes off and I take off I accidently hit the shifter and my car went into 2nd gear. The shifter is misaligned so sometime it can go into 2nd even tho It suppose to be in drive.

I accidently take the car into boost and I loose the tail, ok no problem I let off the gas. I guess the STI took it the wrong way and he started to WOT and then he flu pass me at 70+ maybe and turn on his hazards...... WTF. he jumps in front of my face and stops at the light before you go over the I75 overpass. the light turns green and he goes WOT again I didn't even bother to step on it cause I wasn't going to grip. he then goes half way over the overpass and turns on his Hazards. WTF!!!

He never even gave me a sign or signal he wanted to race and all of a sudden he flips his hazards on after he pulls on me my like 1/4mile. I had no intention of racing nor did I want to because I have bad tires and I don't run out the hole.
Old 11-24-08, 08:17 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

its ok din! at the end of the day you drive a boosted LEXUS... he drives a subie..
Old 11-24-08, 08:50 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Just got a call from a friend of mine with some news on a na-t 95 red supra that Conrad worked on and it was tuned by Doc. Ready for this 695 wrhp running an E-mange at 27lb.So there you go Dinh if you were the fence about the capabilities of an E-manage.Then I think I just knock you over.Hope you don't hit your head on the way over.
Old 11-24-08, 09:11 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Just got a call from a friend of mine with some news on a na-t 95 red supra that Conrad worked on and it was tuned by Doc. Ready for this 695 wrhp running an E-mange at 27lb.So there you go Dinh if you were the fence about the capabilities of an E-manage.Then I think I just knock you over.Hope you don't hit your head on the way over.
Smiley had a 1jz running 803rwhp with an emanage blue. Then his customer wanted a 2j and made less power...LOL Ironies of life..!
Old 11-24-08, 11:19 PM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by drewgo
Smiley had a 1jz running 803rwhp with an emanage blue. Then his customer wanted a 2j and made less power...LOL Ironies of life..!
I wonder how my GE is going to run?
Old 11-25-08, 05:23 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

27psi on a 2jz with the size turbo i know that car is running with a tt style side intake should yield more into 700's easily but good numbers none the less
Old 11-25-08, 06:38 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

t66 with 850 injectors making 693 rwhp that is impressive no matter what.I wish I'm making numbers like that.
Old 11-25-08, 06:55 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

t66 with 850 injectors making 693 rwhp that is impressive no matter what.I wish I'm making numbers like that.
Wow, those numbers are impressive indeed! I guess a side intake manifold does make a difference and I can't wait to get mine. I dynoed @ 27psi 664rwhp with 750cc injectors, even though the Supra is running 850cc injectors but that's compensated pretty much with the turbo size difference. I'm running a T-71 versus his T-66. I'm also running AEM compared to his E-Manage. That just goes to show it's all about combinations(platform) and not necessarily bigger means better..

Again if the numbers are accurate, great job and it just gets me even more excited to get my Hypertune side Intake Manifold so I should definitely be in the 700+ ballpark on the same 27psi very soon!
Old 11-25-08, 07:30 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

All this talk about bigger turbo and standalones. you guys and your crazy horse powers and big juice. I wis I can be like you guys look good and be fast at the same time. :Sigh: One day I'll be just like that. But for now I have no plans for the car anymore beside the V-band exhaust.

I am Leaving on my 4month vacation in the beginning of January and won't be back til the middle of April. so no more modding til april
Old 11-25-08, 08:17 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Looks like i need to install the greddy manifold to hang with you big dogs.
Old 11-25-08, 08:45 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dew23
Looks like i need to install the greddy manifold to hang with you big dogs.
big juice is in the house.
Old 11-25-08, 09:09 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

jerome

side intake does not necessarily yield more horsepower .should yield better trq down low and mid and depending on design of intake manny should def yield better throttle response

health of the motor is a strong part of equation , what head gasket is he running , is it a true na setup (10:1 comp pistons) with tt headgasket which yields compress ratio of 9:2:1 which will net more power on less boost or is he running tt internals

all i can say is next year i will be building a shortblock with 9:1:1 compression with mild head work and will hit 600 ish at no more then 23psi if that
Old 11-25-08, 09:41 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

heres a post from supra forums of a true na-t making almost 730rwhp on a t71 dbb turbo

he was on a 2.5 mm hg like me he was using a standard over the top intake manny

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505649

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa