Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 10:14 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
jerome

side intake does not necessarily yield more horsepower .should yield better trq down low and mid and depending on design of intake manny should def yield better throttle response

health of the motor is a strong part of equation , what head gasket is he running , is it a true na setup (10:1 comp pistons) with tt headgasket which yields compress ratio of 9:2:1 which will net more power on less boost or is he running tt internals

all i can say is next year i will be building a shortblock with 9:1:1 compression with mild head work and will hit 600 ish at no more then 23psi if that
Ed, I have to disagree with you about the hp gains on the Intake manifold. For example, 2JZGTE comes with a side IM versus a 2JZGE comes with the IM that runs over the top of the head. That alone, should tell us all something, also I've done some research on the side IM that I'm purchasing and it does show relatively good HP gains from anywhere from 45 to 70. It's all about airflow and again the right combination.

Also, hurry and build that shortblock so we can put it to the test...
Old 11-25-08, 10:17 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

heres a post from supra forums of a true na-t making almost 730rwhp on a t71 dbb turbo

he was on a 2.5 mm hg like me he was using a standard over the top intake manny

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505649
Ed, I'm not able to see the post but what psi is he running to achieve 730rwhp? I'm sure he's probably running 30-32 psi??
Old 11-25-08, 10:41 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Ed, I'm not able to see the post but what psi is he running to achieve 730rwhp? I'm sure he's probably running 30-32 psi??
hes running 29psi and all stock stuff confirmed from boostlogic

and side intake does not automaticallty mean more hp , jofh at fsm has sent his design to headgames to compare cfm flow between stock intake supra tt intake and his aftermarket intake .. the tt flowed less then our design , the aftermarket flowed just slightly better then both but trq was the goal and throttle response gaining a few ponies might be a realistic expectation but again not a given

the ability to run less piping means more velocity of air into plen. , less piping equates to better throttle response and biggest gain ever THE ABILITY TO CHANGE PLUGS AT WILL

mine is coming shortly from fsm for they are the king of na and have throughly tested their design
Old 11-25-08, 10:49 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

hes running 29psi and all stock stuff confirmed from boostlogic

and side intake does not automaticallty mean more hp , jofh at fsm has sent his design to headgames to compare cfm flow between stock intake supra tt intake and his aftermarket intake .. the tt flowed less then our design , the aftermarket flowed just slightly better then both but trq was the goal and throttle response gaining a few ponies might be a realistic expectation but again not a given

the ability to run less piping means more velocity of air into plen. , less piping equates to better throttle response and biggest gain ever THE ABILITY TO CHANGE PLUGS AT WILL

mine is coming shortly from fsm for they are the king of na and have throughly tested their design
Sounds good, we'll just have to see what the difference in the dyno we both get after we install the new Intake manifolds and then we can compare how good FSM's is to my Hypertune.
Old 11-25-08, 11:16 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I say we commit to a dyno night and run what you brung.Sometime in Feb.should give everyone time to tighten up
Old 11-25-08, 11:33 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by //LRD
I say we commit to a dyno night and run what you brung.Sometime in Feb.should give everyone time to tighten up
sounds great but my blocjk and head work wont be finished by then i am taking the build slowly and i will commence the build right after the holidays in my garage

should be finished by march /april

so my tired motor/head with new intake ,new turbo and upgraded fuel will have to do with a retune by alpha
Old 11-25-08, 11:33 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

heres a post from supra forums of a true na-t making almost 730rwhp on a t71 dbb turbo

he was on a 2.5 mm hg like me he was using a standard over the top intake manny

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505649
well its been a long time comming, alot of work, alot of headaches sorry everyone at bl i know im an *** but

so with some new cams, STOCK head, STOCK intake manifold, stock throttle body, STOCK bottom end, 728 at 29lbs backed up with a 722 right after. this car is on a bolt on boost logic na-t kit, 4inch dp/mp, na-t cams, stock distributer with a hks dli and and aem with fuel. the car had bad ignition breakup past 30lbs so we didnt turn it up all the way but i dont see it making that much more power. the car made a very respectible 600rwtq dropping to 550rwtq at redline. hopefully boost logic will post the graphs.

this is a total gain of 84 hp from my last dyno on the stock cams and same turbo.

Ed, I was able to pull it up but see you forgot to mention that he gained 84hp with the addition of cams so if you looked at it really his numbers are not really that impressive. On 29psi he dynoed 644 where as I dynoed 664 on 27 psi so with the addition of the cams that's how he was able to achieve those numbers but again, still very impressive!
Old 11-25-08, 11:52 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

well its been a long time comming, alot of work, alot of headaches sorry everyone at bl i know im an *** but

so with some new cams, STOCK head, STOCK intake manifold, stock throttle body, STOCK bottom end, 728 at 29lbs backed up with a 722 right after. this car is on a bolt on boost logic na-t kit, 4inch dp/mp, na-t cams, stock distributer with a hks dli and and aem with fuel. the car had bad ignition breakup past 30lbs so we didnt turn it up all the way but i dont see it making that much more power. the car made a very respectible 600rwtq dropping to 550rwtq at redline. hopefully boost logic will post the graphs.

this is a total gain of 84 hp from my last dyno on the stock cams and same turbo.

Ed, I was able to pull it up but see you forgot to mention that he gained 84hp with the addition of cams so if you looked at it really his numbers are not really that impressive. On 29psi he dynoed 644 where as I dynoed 664 on 27 psi so with the addition of the cams that's how he was able to achieve those numbers but again, still very impressive!
okay cool i misread his post
Old 11-25-08, 12:33 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

also

rem hes using a 2.5mm hg so the effects the squish vol and eff within cyl chambers as compared to tt pistons utilizing piston dish to effect compression

raising deck height works effectively but not effiently

using 2.5mm hg lowers compress to around 8:3:1 to 8:4:1 as opposed to you guys running 8:5:1

this one reason why i am building a block for next year at 9:1:1 for better spool , making more power with less boost and 100% better off boost driving
Old 11-25-08, 01:06 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

also

rem hes using a 2.5mm hg so the effects the squish vol and eff within cyl chambers as compared to tt pistons utilizing piston dish to effect compression

raising deck height works effectively but not effiently

using 2.5mm hg lowers compress to around 8:3:1 to 8:4:1 as opposed to you guys running 8:5:1

this one reason why i am building a block for next year at 9:1:1 for better spool , making more power with less boost and 100% better off boost driving
Watch out guys I'm feeling left out of all this up coming big HP.So I might have to show the both of you what a 2JZ-GTE can do.With some cams and bigger injectors and of course my trusty E-manage.Lol
Old 11-25-08, 01:09 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People do side intake manifold because the shorter air flow the less the turbo has to work and the more response you can get out of the motor.

the TT block is a more superior block no matter what anybody says. Yamaha/Toyota aren't going to make a motor that have oil squirters for no reason, they make side intake manifold cause it flow better and usually what happen with turbo cars is lag and throttle response. With the side intake the length in which air travels is much shorter and takes a shorter time to built positive pressure which also cause the turbo to go into fool boost quicker.

I am a firm believer that the side intake flow much better.

the only negative thing about the side intake manifold is changing the oil is a pain in the A$$.
Old 11-25-08, 01:12 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too much juice for me.
Old 11-25-08, 01:22 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Watch out guys I'm feeling left out of all this up coming big HP.So I might have to show the both of you what a 2JZ-GTE can do.With some cams and bigger injectors and of course my trusty E-manage.Lol
Yes sir, bring it! Please show me what a 2JZ-GTE can do with cams and your bigger injectors..
Old 11-25-08, 01:23 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DINH300
People do side intake manifold because the shorter air flow the less the turbo has to work and the more response you can get out of the motor.

the TT block is a more superior block no matter what anybody says. Yamaha/Toyota aren't going to make a motor that have oil squirters for no reason, they make side intake manifold cause it flow better and usually what happen with turbo cars is lag and throttle response. With the side intake the length in which air travels is much shorter and takes a shorter time to built positive pressure which also cause the turbo to go into fool boost quicker.

I am a firm believer that the side intake flow much better.

the only negative thing about the side intake manifold is changing the oil is a pain in the A$$.
Great explanation DINH!
Old 11-25-08, 01:26 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

John, I've got a question for you. What makes an 2JZ a GTE versus a GE? Is it just the block? Is it a combination of the head, side intake manifold, coil packs?

If it's just the block, what am I a 1.5 GTE since I have the block but GE head?

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa