Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 01:29 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DINH300

the only negative thing about the side intake manifold is changing the oil is a pain in the A$$.
Come on Dinh call Jimmy 954-321-5802.Oil change parts and labor 35.oo bucks.
Old 11-25-08, 01:32 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
Come on Dinh call Jimmy 954-321-5802.Oil change parts and labor 35.oo bucks.
I do my own oil change.
Old 11-25-08, 01:36 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

People do side intake manifold because the shorter air flow the less the turbo has to work and the more response you can get out of the motor.

the TT block is a more superior block no matter what anybody says. Yamaha/Toyota aren't going to make a motor that have oil squirters for no reason, they make side intake manifold cause it flow better and usually what happen with turbo cars is lag and throttle response. With the side intake the length in which air travels is much shorter and takes a shorter time to built positive pressure which also cause the turbo to go into fool boost quicker.

I am a firm believer that the side intake flow much better.

the only negative thing about the side intake manifold is changing the oil is a pain in the A$$.
din get ur facts straight

ge and gte blocks are the same

rods same , crank same bore same stroke same

pistons lower compression with radiused dish
squirters in gte block

now most high hp guys dont use tt block because they dont want the squirters for it has a effect on oil pressure at high boost levels

yamaha came into equation with 1j head work nothing to do block/s

toyota designed it with them to protect themselves against turbo failure for dot regualtions
Old 11-25-08, 01:37 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

If you guys believe in the NA-T so much why don't you stick with NA head, bottom, intake, and tranny and forget about he TT internals.
Old 11-25-08, 01:45 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
John, I've got a question for you. What makes an 2JZ a GTE versus a GE? Is it just the block? Is it a combination of the head, side intake manifold, coil packs?

If it's just the block, what am I a 1.5 GTE since I have the block but GE head?

what makes it a gte is head with coil packs and pistons

a 1.5 is 1jz head and 2jz/2jzgte block
Old 11-25-08, 01:46 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

r
Originally Posted by lexforlife

squirters in gte block

now most high hp guys dont use tt block because they dont want the squirters for it has a effect on oil pressure at high boost levels

toyota designed it with them to protect themselves against turbo failure for dot regualtions
Ed, of course we all know that I'm not to mechanically inclined as you guys are but I just got off the phone with Toyota and the pistons aren't the same. They have two different part numbers but the rods are the same. I just wanted to give you big HP guys a little FYI.
Old 11-25-08, 01:47 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

If you guys believe in the NA-T so much why don't you stick with NA head, bottom, intake, and tranny and forget about he TT internals.
na is proven to be more effective in boost do to design of head and cams and valves

changing over to tt pistons is needed to maintain proper and safe compression ratios without diminishing effective squish volumes within block

i plan to stick na -t but doing side intake just yields a cleaner more effective look AND AGAIN CHANGING SPARK PLUGS
Old 11-25-08, 01:47 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

squirters in gte block

So if its true what you say why do people swap to the short block or use TT piston???

the point of having oil squirter isn't because of regulation by DOT that is false.

this is a fact and common since, overheating kills all motors none the less. the more boost you run the hotter the motor will get. the point in the oil squirters is to keep the rods cool at higher operating temp and keeping it from blowning.

You might be correct about higher HP guys that cut off the oil squirters but remember those guys wash there cars more then they drive them.
Old 11-25-08, 01:50 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

So if its true what you say why do people swap to the short block or use TT piston???

the point of having oil squirter isn't because of regulation by DOT that is false.

this is a fact and common since, overheating kills all motors none the less. the more boost you run the hotter the motor will get. the point in the oil squirters is to keep the rods cool at higher operating temp and keeping it from blowning.

You might be correct about higher HP guys that cut off the oil squirters but remember those guys wash there cars more then they drive them.
DIN WRONG AGAIN

stop giving false information the squirters were a design by toyota to protect themselves against piston failure prematurely since introduction of the turbo motor .. they work but dont work well at high hp due to drop in consistent and static oil pressures required elsewhere hence why alot of the big dawgs build a na block

people swap to short block or tt pistons is to get a proper compression piston , thats it
Old 11-25-08, 01:52 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
r

Ed, of course we all know that I'm not to mechanically inclined as you guys are but I just got off the phone with Toyota and the pistons aren't the same. They have two different part numbers but the rods are the same. I just wanted to give you big HP guys a little FYI.
jerome look at my above post , tt pistons are different dish design and lower compression design as opposed to na pistons which have a slight dome to increase compression for na application
Old 11-25-08, 01:54 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

na is proven to be more effective in boost do to design of head and cams and valves
I would have call that one false. the NA head cams and valves are design for Naturally Aspirated applications and there design works efficently only running none force induction.
Old 11-25-08, 01:57 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

what makes it a gte is head with coil packs and pistons

a 1.5 is 1jz head and 2jz/2jzgte block
Okay so I have the pistons but not the head, so then what am I? A 1.5jz or maybe a 1.75jz?

I'm just kidding guys...
Old 11-25-08, 01:59 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

I would have call that one false. the NA head cams and valves are design for Naturally Aspirated applications and there design works efficently only running none force induction.
again false , having that platform to utilize for boost is what makes it great

by design it needed to provide trq without forced induction , adding forced induction to the mix brings it over the top head design with longer runners , more agressive cam design makes for better breathing

ecu is the limiting factor but easily cured with a standalone , right jerome big juice
Old 11-25-08, 02:03 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

DIN WRONG AGAIN

stop giving false information the squirters were a design by toyota to protect themselves against piston failure prematurely since introduction of the turbo motor .. they work but dont work well at high hp due to drop in consistent and static oil pressures required elsewhere hence why alot of the big dawgs build a na block

people swap to short block or tt pistons is to get a proper compression piston , thats it
I just spoke with NERO from Titan Motorsports and he said that, that is false and when they build a block they use the TT block and oil squirters even in there 6 sec cars.

People only use the NA block with TT internals because they are cheap and don't know how to use the oil squirter properly.

call him if you like
407 277 8423
Old 11-25-08, 02:06 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

I just spoke with NERO from Titan Motorsports and he said that, that is false and when they build a block they use the TT block and oil squirters even in there 6 sec cars.

People only use the NA block with TT internals because they are cheap and don't know how to use the oil squirter properly.

call him if you like
407 277 8423
Wow, DINH called the man himself to verify....

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa