Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-09, 07:57 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Punky
I was a little bummed that off nitrous with a set of headers, cats deleted, and routing my intake to my bumper for a air ram effect, I only picked up 14 RWHP and about that in torque too.

Oh well live and learn, going to enjoy this nitrous for sure ,Tony and thanks for the kit no more money on performance mods until the 1uz gets yanked though. Any suggestions on 1 or 2jz and what turbo(s) anyone?
The 1JZ is a street motor and Cheaper to maintain the potential of the stock block is limited to about alittle over 500HP. The 2J is more of a highway motor and is more tq motor and is a lot more expensive to maintain but the potentials are higher 700-800hp but depends on how deep your pockets are.

I would start off with 1JZ and keep stock twins and stock computer. until you can afford a single and piggypack.
Old 01-12-09, 07:58 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Punky, did you dyno your car? Also, who installed your Nitrous kit for you?
The Nitrous kit isn't that hard to install.
Old 01-12-09, 08:01 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DINH300
The Nitrous kit isn't that hard to install.
Okay great one, Obe One Kinobe
Old 01-12-09, 08:02 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by //LRD
Dinh you better play nice with Puunky now

Play nice he is our protege he follows in our foot steps and one day when he get his car done he will smoke us in our wheel chairs
Old 01-12-09, 08:03 PM
Punky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Punky, did you dyno your car? Also, who installed your Nitrous kit for you?
Stefan at STP did the install for me. He dyno'd it, I don't have the print out but it made high 200s or low 300 in HP cannot remember the exact figure, and it made 335 ft lbs with a afr of like 11.5 or something at the top end (IDK if thats good or not but he said it was on the richer side.) Again i cannot remember the exact figures as I wasnt there when he dyno'd it, but it was around those numbers.
Old 01-12-09, 08:04 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Okay great one, Obe One Kinobe
Seriously its really not that difficult the only thing is when you hook up the silinoid to the fuel line the one tricky part but after that its pretty easy.
Old 01-12-09, 08:06 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Stefan at STP did the install for me. He dyno'd it, I don't have the print out but it made high 200s or low 300 in HP cannot remember the exact figure, and it made 335 ft lbs with a afr of like 11.5 or something at the top end (IDK if thats good or not but he said it was on the richer side.) Again i cannot remember the exact figures as I wasnt there when he dyno'd it, but it was around those numbers.
it should be leaner because your still N/A. remember the leaner the meaner
Old 01-12-09, 08:07 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Punky,

Why would you dyno your car with you not being there? That's one of the most exciting steps of building your car?
Old 01-12-09, 08:12 PM
Punky
Lead Lap

Long story short, I was more or less late getting to his shop and he already did a bit of testing, he did one pull for me while I was there and the car launched hard on the dyno. then he took me for a drive in it to show me how to shift and stuff.
Old 01-12-09, 08:15 PM
Punky
Lead Lap

I am sure I could up the shot to a 100shot without much fuel problems, but I am going to leave good enough alone, I am sure I will eventually find trouble, let alone go looking for it.

Oh yeah now I got a traction problem, time for some new tires soon. Maybe some new wheels too
Old 01-12-09, 09:29 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

^^ DO IT!! //LRD step in anytime and convince him
Old 01-13-09, 04:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

good job punky , how does it feel to have some go get em power now..

i guess you now need to run a tab at the bottle refilling station for i know you will be there every other day huh

if i was you i would have had stefon plug his obd1 scanner into the lexus port while on the dyno to see exactly where your timing was while spraying just to see where the threshold of knock was , you might be surprised that the 10.0 compression motor allthough fuel was right is trying to pull a crapload of timing to prevent pinging ..timing on the 1uz from toyota was set pretty agressively to max na power output,,, so be careful , listen to what your car is telling you and have fun

now its time to see dinh and punky finally line up , the v8 sprayed vs 2jzvvti boosted kinda sortof

my monies on the v8 if punky learns and understands how a turbo works and when to hit spray
Old 01-13-09, 04:51 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

leaner does not always equate to meaner

leaner can and usually means diaster ...leaner on a higher comp motor can create detonation early on when you get a spike in trq or hitting max trq

a/f are a average of all cyl going into exaust stream ..keep a/f in the low 11's to allow for uneven fuel burning in a cyl or 2 it will give you a better threshold or margin of safety

real concern is timing
Old 01-13-09, 09:28 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife

now its time to see dinh and punky finally line up , the v8 sprayed vs 2jzvvti boosted kinda sortof

my monies on the v8 if punky learns and understands how a turbo works and when to hit spray

Its doesn't matter anymore I am putting in a new pump today. I am also putting a yellow spring to combine it with my red spring and I have my HKS SC, BC wired already.

Punky I'm sorry buddy but I can't let myself be pwned by a V8. I am almost done and I will be at the dyno later today.
Old 01-13-09, 09:29 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
leaner does not always equate to meaner

leaner can and usually means diaster ...leaner on a higher comp motor can create detonation early on when you get a spike in trq or hitting max trq

a/f are a average of all cyl going into exaust stream ..keep a/f in the low 11's to allow for uneven fuel burning in a cyl or 2 it will give you a better threshold or margin of safety

real concern is timing
With Nitrous if he is in that range then thats good but without then that not good.

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa