Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-09, 08:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Lol u da man mr wicked lol
My third gear is hella long so be careful what u ask for and while u may have ar more gears it means u have to shift sooner while I am holding 3rd and the transient response of a dbb turbo is where it shines we will do this again for the sportsmanship of it.

And to think I am on half dead leaking turbo

Turn it up to 18 or 20 I will be on new turbo 23 psi on pump.

Again real nice run and thanks for the comps. I guess not bad for a simply na-t completely home built car lol
Old 01-17-09, 10:00 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by relic
It surely was a great night! Especially when my wife's stock Chrysler on 22' rims wooped Dinh's Turbo IS 300 on the track not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 times!

Man, I told everyone that my wife's Chrysler was going to spank Dinh but let me be honest with everyone. Of course, Dinh's car is faster than mine however he has no skills on the track so with my experience in racing won the race for me. My reaction time was on point!

Well off to more exciting news...

There were some exciting runs last night between some high power SC's.

The first one was between two Autocouture SC's, one automatic and one 5 speed and honestly no one really wanted to unveil who the winner was. There were conflicting stories and I was to far back in my wife's car to see who really won.

Now on the way home I was able to witness two black SC's, one six speed and one five speed, one with Vertex and the same Autocouture one from theearlier run and I witnessed about three runs. Out of the three runs there was only really one good run that came out of them. The black vertex kit ran the Autocouture one by a car to about a car and a half. The other runs were not good because on one the black A/C one almost lost it and backed off and on the other one the Vertex missed third gear.

There's only one way to settle the question of who won the first run between the black and white A/C Sc's is just to do it again.

Every night that I roll with you guys, it just makes my blood boil and it makes me just want to get my car on the road so bad. Like I aways tell my boy Jerome, he doesn't understand how it is for 10 SC's to roll in to a spot, I mean the attention tthat these cars demand is just insane.

Well hopefully the drivers of these cars can chime in and let us know what really happened in their race and let the world know..

Indeed you have more experience then I am at the track. Your reaction time was on the spot 500th of a second. My car was playing catch up all those times given a 1/4 mile the results would be different.

My best time was a 9.133 and Rudy your best time was a 9.338

My car doesn't come alive til after 60MPH so this was a good experience for me.

Old 01-17-09, 10:08 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

That 1st gen GS300 was quick he ran a 7.9 but he was on stock twins @ 20 PSI
Old 01-17-09, 10:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

there was a chrysler there as well , i believe it was black , the driver was a pro , even had a helmet and flame suit on

it was quick as hell or was the guy on the other side i believe they called him "sleepy" was just slow
Old 01-17-09, 07:06 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant believe that i missed this .... someone could have called me. what's the plan
for next week?
Old 01-17-09, 07:26 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

LOL, DinH I got a 9 flat at 91 mph. SC are lead sleads. Spun then hook half way down the line..

On another note.... My Neighbor has a Charger SRT8 Yellow Super Bee edition with upgraded exhaust and chip. We both left home at the same time and stopped side by side at the first light. He was gracious enough to roll till 20 with me then the hit. Well He jumped I stayed planted, could not hook for squat.
He had me by 2 cars easy at the top of my 2nd. Pull up to another light, Looked around for five-O. Coast was clear. Get "Green" we roll again, this time my tires are warm. He still jumps ahead. Had 1/2 car on him by the time I hit 3rd. Hit 3rd I pull on him a tad more, Shut down at ~80 by a car and a half.
Been a while since I run someone. Had some cobb webb build up..LOL
Old 01-17-09, 08:17 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drewgo
LOL, DinH I got a 9 flat at 91 mph. SC are lead sleads. Spun then hook half way down the line..

On another note.... My Neighbor has a Charger SRT8 Yellow Super Bee edition with upgraded exhaust and chip. We both left home at the same time and stopped side by side at the first light. He was gracious enough to roll till 20 with me then the hit. Well He jumped I stayed planted, could not hook for squat.
He had me by 2 cars easy at the top of my 2nd. Pull up to another light, Looked around for five-O. Coast was clear. Get "Green" we roll again, this time my tires are warm. He still jumps ahead. Had 1/2 car on him by the time I hit 3rd. Hit 3rd I pull on him a tad more, Shut down at ~80 by a car and a half.
Been a while since I run someone. Had some cobb webb build up..LOL
Wow Mr. Waller let you out for some air,I see. Good to here from you Drewgo,
you missed some nice runs Friday night.
Old 01-18-09, 06:37 PM
96sc300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Anthony85
Oh and to the person driving the dark blue SC with the 1jz in it I could play around to much on the road last night wifey was not havng it last! So Din I know exactly how you feel sometimes.
I hear ya man. Thats a reason I try and leave the wifey home. Or a win win scenario is give em some money and let them go shopping on those nights LOL.
Old 01-19-09, 10:19 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

I got a tickets today 1 for my mod exhaust. I was in west Miramar and the cop was being an *******. I tried to be as polite as possible and he even told me if I were to go to court he would see me there. I tried telling him I don't have a after market exhaust and he told me to tell it to the judge. He even said that he has been following me since before the I-75 overpass when that was false, I actually came from Miramar and dykes and made a left to go to my cousins house.

What a waste of time
Old 01-19-09, 07:08 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Driving home from Miami tonight,I was sitting in traffic when I notice a slight sound of a supercharger coming from some where behind me.But I can't seem to find where the that sweet note was coming from.Light turn green and with all the traff. around I couldn't provoke them to show their face . The sound got louder as we all started moved off the traf.light.I made my move and took a space that opened up next to me .And like magic a Gray supercharged s2000 pop up,matching every move I made until there was room.Finally there were no cars in front of us I floored it and the Honda was on me like white on rice.I'm thinking well, I guess I'll be posting my first lost tonight.not

Does anyone on this forum know the guy or the car I'm talking about.It was a tight race.

But still

Sc300 GTE 1

Supercharged s2000 0

Last edited by //LRD; 01-19-09 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 06:14 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DINH300
I got a tickets today 1 for my mod exhaust. I was in west Miramar and the cop was being an *******. I tried to be as polite as possible and he even told me if I were to go to court he would see me there. I tried telling him I don't have a after market exhaust and he told me to tell it to the judge. He even said that he has been following me since before the I-75 overpass when that was false, I actually came from Miramar and dykes and made a left to go to my cousins house.

What a waste of time
Din, Take it to court. They are ****** most of the time and sometimes they
behave. If you have stock exhaust then it's a win win situation. If you don't it still a win win situation. If you have reciept from when you went to the track you'll be fine because there is a Statute that states if you use you vehicle for amateur sports you are exempted. Here is the link to it. Print it, get a court date, show it to the judge, bend the cop over and let him have it!

Scroll down to 316.293.6b and give the cop a big "F U"! Cheers!

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...20293#0316.293
Old 01-20-09, 06:26 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

nice john! ive heard of that s2k around but havent seen it...
Old 01-20-09, 08:44 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drewgo
Din, Take it to court. They are ****** most of the time and sometimes they
behave. If you have stock exhaust then it's a win win situation. If you don't it still a win win situation. If you have reciept from when you went to the track you'll be fine because there is a Statute that states if you use you vehicle for amateur sports you are exempted. Here is the link to it. Print it, get a court date, show it to the judge, bend the cop over and let him have it!

Scroll down to 316.293.6b and give the cop a big "F U"! Cheers!

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...20293#0316.293
Damn Attorney Drewgo...
Old 01-20-09, 04:38 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post4179929
Old 01-20-09, 06:48 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

You gotta love it, Dave don't say much, he just show it.I also was at the dyno ,My buddy Jerome has the vid.I'll post up the #'s tomorrow.Not that impressive but it will have to do for now.Ran out of injectors

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa