Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-09, 06:07 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got an interesting call yesterday from Jerome while he was in the stands watching pinks all out.Basically call went like this.John meet a guy here with a GS 1 gen running mid 10's in the 1/4,with automatic no less.So of course my natural response is wow.And go to find out that it's Moe from Ruff Racing.So Rome puts Moe on the phone.And I proceeded to ask some question.And here what I got from the conversation 800rwhp on a stock tt auto tranny,with a bad *** valve body up-grade.And it's been running like that for a while now. I don't know what to think all that come out of my thoughts are WOW.So I don't know, what do you guys think of this ??...

Ultimately i need to do something about the tranny.Maybe ATF,Ruff Racing or boost logic.I already know what some of you are going to say.I'm hard headed an manuals or not on the plate 5 or 6 speed... .
Old 02-01-09, 09:41 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DINH300
This is what happens when A-- Holes with benz drive like idiots and cut people off

din is this for real this time
Old 02-01-09, 10:52 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
Got an interesting call yesterday from Jerome while he was in the stands watching pinks all out.Basically call went like this.John meet a guy here with a GS 1 gen running mid 10's in the 1/4,with automatic no less.So of course my natural response is wow.And go to find out that it's Moe from Ruff Racing.So Rome puts Moe on the phone.And I proceeded to ask some question.And here what I got from the conversation 800rwhp on a stock tt auto tranny,with a bad *** valve body up-grade.And it's been running like that for a while now. I don't know what to think all that come out of my thoughts are WOW.So I don't know, what do you guys think of this ??...

Ultimately i need to do something about the tranny.Maybe ATF,Ruff Racing or boost logic.I already know what some of you are going to say.I'm hard headed an manuals or not on the plate 5 or 6 speed... .

Yeah I've seen this car run many times a few years ago at moroso. It was super quiet and crazy fast. It had full interior too. It's white with tan interior and roll cage.
Old 02-01-09, 11:07 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John drive in that car before you do the upgrade they shift VERY HARD going into gear.
Old 02-02-09, 10:14 PM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really drive fast no more cause gas is killing my "mod" money. but I did destroy a some old cocky guy in a Civic SI today
Old 02-07-09, 07:58 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dangy
I don't really drive fast no more cause gas is killing my "mod" money. but I did destroy a some old cocky guy in a Civic SI today

Nice kill.!! Sorry everyone been kind of busy and haven't been really driving the car much.And with Dinh gone to Vietnam the thread has been a little quiet.I guess I'm saving the car for the meet in Venice bch.

On a side note I did pick a fully built tranny from Japan.Let me rephrase!!!! I hope it's a fully built tranny,how ever it does have a stall converter .And when it comes to auto tranny's from Japan 9 out of 10 that come in with stall converters then to be built to the hilt.So I have my fingers crossed.
Old 02-11-09, 07:00 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Dinh i know your in Vietnam,so did you blow away any Vespa's yet.lol
Old 02-11-09, 07:30 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

I live in Pho Loc which is the country side Hue (the big city) I was going with my wife on my Honda Rebel to the city to visit some old friends and have a coffee. We met up at an intersection to go out to An Banh this guy and his wife came along on there Yamaha Jupiter V. we didn't do any pulls or 3 beeps or anything like that. He start to take off looking to see if I can catch him. We were at a 30Kmph roll I drop into 2nd and hit I flew past him at 80Kmph and my wife starts to beat on my helmet cause we were going too fast.

Its wasn't really racing it was more like me beating a scooter with a motorcycle.
Old 02-11-09, 08:29 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

I live in Pho Loc which is the country side Hue (the big city) I was going with my wife on my Honda Rebel to the city to visit some old friends and have a coffee. We met up at an intersection to go out to An Banh this guy and his wife came along on there Yamaha Jupiter V. we didn't do any pulls or 3 beeps or anything like that. He start to take off looking to see if I can catch him. We were at a 30Kmph roll I drop into 2nd and hit I flew past him at 80Kmph and my wife starts to beat on my helmet cause we were going too fast.

Its wasn't really racing it was more like me beating a scooter with a motorcycle.

LMAO dude you're sick man....Have a good time over there and please stay safe
Old 02-11-09, 09:05 PM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

Damn dude I cant imagine you as a kid..... LOL. I bet you probably were one of those kids who had a Big wheel and use to race the other kids with theirs all the time. LOL
Old 02-12-09, 04:05 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Anthony85
Damn dude I cant imagine you as a kid..... LOL. I bet you probably were one of those kids who had a Big wheel and use to race the other kids with theirs all the time. LOL
When I went to high school in vietnam I had a Yamaha Nouvo I use to get in trouble by the police cause I was only 17 and you needed to be 18 to drive, I use to bribe my way out by buying them beer and then I made friends with them. My ex girlfriend liked me because I had the Nouvo it was the hottest thing back in 2002 she was beautiful but she was a gold digger but I didn't mine cause I was benefitting off of her more then she was benefitting off of me. she then told me she wanted to go to the US with me and I laughed and broke up with her. I sold the scooter later on because it was wasting too much gas and I was on a budget because my parents weren't sending me money. The building that I had lease was only making 400 USD a month which was what I was living off of for the paste 4 years that I was there.

I then bought a Honda Dream S which was a very common scooter in Vietnam. I bought it used for 3,000,000 dong which was less then 200 USD but I got 20 miles to a Liter of gas which was amazing at the time. My parents then bought me a Toyota Zace GL its a like a SUV 1.3 litre RWD which I used to drive in and out of the city. My current wife back in the days use to go out with this rich kid who had a Honda SH and she had a Honda stream. I use to be extremely jealous of the Honda SH its a $7,000 USD scooter. He use to race me and beat me all the time and he use to make fun of me cause he had all these expensive scooter and I was stuck driving a Economic Scooter. I later bought a Honda Rebel I still didn't beat him but it was more exotic then his at the time.

Last edited by DINH300; 02-12-09 at 04:26 AM.
Old 02-12-09, 04:16 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

LOL Din enjoy your vacation!
Old 02-19-09, 08:00 PM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

Lol....................
Old 02-21-09, 11:50 PM
xboostx
Lead Lap

When I went to high school in vietnam ... I was only 17...
Im 150% sure you told me and a few other guys you went to school in broward.
Thats just one of the things im going to point out.

LMFAO
Old 02-22-09, 03:35 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xboostx
Im 150% sure you told me and a few other guys you went to school in broward.
Thats just one of the things im going to point out.

LMFAO
Actually I did but only until my Sophomore year and then went to vietnam in beginning of 2002 for school.

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa