Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gods gift to turbos t04z, nuff said
Old 05-21-09, 07:16 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

John,

Where are you getting your turbo from? IRC, it was a custom unit? That is ridiculous for it to be going out like that unless you had a major pressure differential between the cold and hot sides. If the pressure ratio is way out you'll cause wear on the bearings and premature failure.
Old 05-21-09, 07:52 PM
crispeed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by //LRD
WTF up with those GT-35R's that's two in less then two yr's
Is it an actual GT35R turbo from Garret or some hybrid from anther company?

Originally Posted by Punky
Gods gift to turbos t04z, nuff said
Yeh probably in the last century!
A Precision 6765 billet turbo will make more power with better spool anyday!
Here's a link---->
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=542083

Last edited by crispeed; 05-21-09 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-21-09, 08:13 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Two Words "HKS T51R"

Listen to this beautiful turbo spool...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GdpqqCIEeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl2BueiDSM0
Old 05-21-09, 08:28 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Smile

Originally Posted by lexforlife
boy john soory to hear this

i think mine is about to blow as well , it makes a funny sound that i have need heard before so i think its time to order my 6768 billet dbb turbo as well ..

john check out supra forums in the dyno section and read up on the new precision 6265 or 6765 billet dbb .. they make some huge numbers like a 71mm but sppol like a 62-1 imagine your car hitting full boost by 3800 with the power bans from there to 7k and makes the power of a 71mm .. some wicked people will wonder and say dammm , hes gone

make sure for the auto you go .68 a/r .. that with the 6265 billet wheel and slightly higher stall , no one on the streets will keep up
You will never learn why stifle the damn SIX Cylinder with a .68 go with the .77 or .81 the motor needs to breathe.
Old 05-21-09, 08:30 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

John call me in the morning ill call my guys for u. i also hace a turbonetics turbo for sale
Old 05-21-09, 10:18 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** thats like two turbos in less than a year
Old 05-22-09, 04:00 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaad_style
You will never learn why stifle the damn SIX Cylinder with a .68 go with the .77 or .81 the motor needs to breathe.
steven , on a auto a slightly smaller hotside is more beneficial vs us with manuel transmission
Old 05-22-09, 06:15 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

I caught a turbo virus too at the beginning of April. That's why I yanked the 1j and called it a day.....! I tried to stay away from you guys so you don't catch my turbo flu but I guess it was airborn and now your turbo caught it. LOL Oh wait, Ed's had that turbo virus for some time now....!
John,I purchased the billet turbo last month. I'll get some stats up once I am done.
I'll proly create a build thread of what I have been doing in area 51.
Old 05-22-09, 06:28 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaodome
John,

Where are you getting your turbo from? IRC, it was a custom unit? That is ridiculous for it to be going out like that unless you had a major pressure differential between the cold and hot sides. If the pressure ratio is way out you'll cause wear on the bearings and premature failure.
Roger brought this my attention.The hot side is ar82 but it's a t3 flange on a t4 mani.I think this could be the problem.Next turbo will def. be t4

Originally Posted by crispeed
Is it an actual GT35R turbo from Garret or some hybrid from anther company?

Chris not sure that I look back at it .The First turbo was built by Mike's turbo and that lasted 6 months with real drive time being 2 months you 1.5 at Jimmy's and pinto Paul having it before that for 3-4 weeks.

I won't get into that story

Yeh probably in the last century!
A Precision 6765 billet turbo will make more power with better spool anyday!
Here's a link---->
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=542083

Thanks for this awesome #'s
Old 05-28-09, 06:38 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Sorry to hear that John! Take the good with the bad I guess. The bad is that you blew your turbo but the good is that you can get yourself a super, duper 90mm Dual Ball Bearing Billet turbo!!!

Let's go big juice, make it happen! You can't let Ed out power you,.Have you seen his signature 600rwhp and 700rwtq. That's some serious power to keep up with....

I have to tell you guys something.It's not everyday when you find a friend like Jerome aka Wicked Sc.Let me explain, so here I am down for now.Because of a run that broke my small turbos back.Which at the time involved Jerome and some real hard accelerating. And he knows I'm been looking and doing research to find the prefect turbo to get my pay back.

While after days of going back and forth with Garrett they said they would warranty my little street fighter gt35/67R for half the price of a new one.But after reading the link that big Chris posted and talking to some of my boosted brothers. I decided to go with the Precision 6765 billet with the H housing.Here is where the friend part comes in,.Jerome knows that I have taking my paint bush out and painted a bulls eye on him and even have changed my sig. claiming to have a turbo call the Wicked eliminator.

My boy still made some calls to Titan and got me a sweat deal on that same turbo that's going to blow him away...lol

Needless to say it on order. Thank you very much Jerome I'm still gunning for you.. What were you thinking ??? Trying to make nice??? Did you think I was going to forget ????...lol

Because you were nice enough to do what you did. I won't beat you that bad

PS Thanks again

And Rudy when you finally get your T108 with your efen ar113 turbo bolted on and the car running you can get some to...

Last edited by //LRD; 05-28-09 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-28-09, 07:29 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by //LRD
I have to tell you guys something.It's not everyday when you find a friend like Jerome aka Wicked Sc.Let me explain, so here I am down for now.Because of a run that broke my small turbos back.Which at the time involved Jerome and some real hard accelerating. And he knows I'm been looking and doing research to find the prefect turbo to get my pay back.

While after days of going back and forth with Garrett they said they would warranty my little street fighter gt35/67R for half the price of a new one.But after reading the link that big Chris posted and talking to some of my boosted brothers. I decided to go with the Precision 6765 billet with the H housing.Here is where the friend part comes in,.Jerome knows that I have taking my paint bush out and painted a bulls eye on him and even have changed my sig. claiming to have a turbo call the Wicked eliminator.

My boy still made some calls to Titan and got me a sweat deal on that same turbo that's going to blow him away...lol

Needless to say it on order. Thank you very much Jerome I'm still gunning for you.. What were you thinking ??? Trying to make nice??? Did you think I was going to forget ????...lol

Because you were nice enough to do what you did. I won't beat you that bad

PS Thanks again

And Rudy when you finally get your T108 with your efen ar113 turbo bolted on and the car running you can get some to...

Okay here we go! //LRD, your new Billett 6765 turbo won't make much of a difference for you. All it is going to do is achieve the same power level that you've been at more quickly.

Also, that's what friends are for. Of course I want you back on the road so that I can add you to my kill list twice, so consider yourself famous and special because you'll be on there as being whooped with your GT35R and now with your 6765 new turbo.
Old 05-28-09, 07:49 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Okay here we go! //LRD, your new Billett 6765 turbo won't make much of a difference for you. All it is going to do is achieve the same power level that you've been at more quickly.

Also, that's what friends are for. Of course I want you back on the road so that I can add you to my kill list twice, so consider yourself famous and special because you'll be on there as being whooped with your GT35R and now with your 6765 new turbo.
Oh it's on

That's so funny..You would think with the new growth of your head that you would be better with your math , or is that all hot steam.So let me enlighten you or lets say remind you of the two losses I hand you one Friday night not to long ago.It's probably safe to say it was those some losses and maybe just maybe one to many close calls with unnamed members ,that provoked you to go get your current set up... I wonder ??

So lets recap Wicked Sc 3 //LRD 2 <<<<< please correct me here if these numbers are wrong.Oh and try not to say you missed a gear or what ever what ever A LOST IS STILL A LOST...................................... BUDDY ..LOL
Old 05-28-09, 08:11 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

ok.. so with so much smack talk about whose the big dog in town.
Soon and very soon we'll all line up. Wicked, LRD, Lexforlife, Relic, Terry and yours truly.
We'll see whose got what on who.
Old 05-28-09, 08:19 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kinda raced an black IS350 earlier tonight on Sawgrass expressway between 595 and sunrise blvd. I don't know if he is a member on here. He came next to me to race and I just put it in 4th and kept pressing and letting off while he hit it. Then I gave up, hit it, and pulled away. I thought it was a 250 but he exited at sunrise with me and I saw the rear badge. It looked stock with 6k or 8k HIDs.

I'm getting the rest of my exhaust done tomorrow so I can finally open it up properly. There's still the tiny stock y-pipe with its 2" diameter pipe before the split.

And then I can start getting the single turbo going.

Last edited by SH_JZZ30; 05-28-09 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa