Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 08:05 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i will call the run with lrd and me a gentlemans draw although i thought once i went into 5th i started to slightly pull ahead.. next time i will not be at 19lbs i will be at 23.5 psi and will have some goodies to boot ( yes wicked , i hope to have some 268 cams in there since i might have to redo valve stem seals)

Don't worry Ed I have a special place for you in the back of my memory banks.

And also I remember getting a call one night, where you stated that you will cause me to blow my tranny running you..Just hope with you don't blow your motor doing so ..lol

Edit: guys I can't run my car so I'm going to run my mouth ...

Last edited by //LRD; 05-29-09 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-29-09, 08:13 AM
relic
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drewgo
ok.. so with so much smack talk about whose the big dog in town.
Soon and very soon we'll all line up. Wicked, LRD, Lexforlife, Relic, Terry and yours truly.
We'll see whose got what on who.
Yo, you guys better stop harassing me about who's the big dog in the streets! I hope when that time comes for me to start going down my list no one gets all scared and doesn't want to race.

As a matter of fact, if you're car is below 600 hp, I don't even want to waste my time and race you. That is just a waste of my gas so Ed and John you two have to prove yourself first. You two are not even in the big boy league yet. You are still down in barely hitting 500 hp range. So I've changed up the order for the races based on power. The list is Jerome, then Terry, then Dre. I'm only including Dre because he stated that he's shooting for 700 hp so I've placed him on based on that. After I take care of them, then Ed and John it will be your turn and anyone else that wants it. Remember anybody trhat pulls alongside me when we're rolling that's an automatic for me so make sure you're ready before you step to me.

That's it!!!!!!
Old 05-29-09, 08:29 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Ed, There is a run in history that made it to 145mph. I guess that removes the "lack of driving skills" theory since someone else was keeping up with the "lil 1j that could".

Relic, Remember that the same individuals that are accessorizing you with the proper info for your build are pretty much the same ones that I go to. Therefore, makes no difference but Keep this in mind, your weakest link is my weakest link. So it's a matter of whose link holds longer!
Old 05-29-09, 08:43 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Ed, There is a run in history that made it to 145mph. I guess that removes the "lack of driving skills" theory since someone else was keeping up with the "lil 1j that could".

Relic, Remember that the same individuals that are accessorizing you with the proper info for your build are pretty much the same ones that I go to. Therefore, makes no difference but Keep this in mind, your weakest link is my weakest link. So it's a matter of whose link holds longer!
yeah dre but do rem i was holding up to 130 in 3rd when i went to 4th i started to pull away and u let off and i was on that crappy map ecu and car was pulling timing like crazy

i would have loved to match up since going aem and have no timing issues so i guess you can get some with the 2j now
Old 05-29-09, 08:45 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by //LRD
Don't worry Ed I have a special place for you in the back of my memory banks.

And also I remember getting a call one night, where you stated that you will be cause me to blow my tranny running you..Just hope with you don't blow your motor doing so ..lol
i went easy on you that night night on low boost if i went to 23psi your tranny would go boom... i had to turn it down because of traction issues but dont worry you will have ample time to get some as well when i am finished

no track for me but open hwy is what i built this for and now will prove it when its finished before i swap in the gte motor
Old 05-29-09, 08:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by relic
Yo, you guys better stop harassing me about who's the big dog in the streets! I hope when that time comes for me to start going down my list no one gets all scared and doesn't want to race.

As a matter of fact, if you're car is below 600 hp, I don't even want to waste my time and race you. That is just a waste of my gas so Ed and John you two have to prove yourself first. You two are not even in the big boy league yet. You are still down in barely hitting 500 hp range. So I've changed up the order for the races based on power. The list is Jerome, then Terry, then Dre. I'm only including Dre because he stated that he's shooting for 700 hp so I've placed him on based on that. After I take care of them, then Ed and John it will be your turn and anyone else that wants it. Remember anybody trhat pulls alongside me when we're rolling that's an automatic for me so make sure you're ready before you step to me.

That's it!!!!!!

dont worry rudy i will never be in that 600+ range so count me out but i will be in the high 500 range on pump gas , bet on that and i will hit full boost by 3800rpm so while you are sitting there spoolin and then spinnin you will forever be playing catch up
Old 05-29-09, 08:56 AM
relic
Rookie

Dre you might be correct about who is giving us information but if you're only shooting for 700 hp then it's already over for you. Remember, the combination that I'm coming with has been proven a deadly one. That is all I am going sya...

Oh, and I can guarantee that my link will hold longer!!
Old 05-29-09, 08:59 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Dre you might be correct about who is giving us information but if you're only shooting for 700 hp then it's already over for you. Remember, the combination that I'm coming with has been proven a deadly one. That is all I am going sya...

Oh, and I can guarantee that my link will hold longer!!
sorry dre my monies on the man from VI rudy , his build is complete with built block and all his rotating assembly will be lighter and tighter and his turbo /nos setup will be deadly and thats a fact , nuff said
Old 05-29-09, 09:03 AM
relic
Rookie

dont worry rudy i will never be in that 600+ range so count me out but i will be in the high 500 range on pump gas , bet on that and i will hit full boost by 3800rpm so while you are sitting there spoolin and then spinnin you will forever be playing catch up
Ed, come on now. Listen to your statement. If you're going to be in the high 500 range on pump gas then it should be no problem to hit 600 + but I think we all know that your numbers are not real and are wish numbers. hopefully, when you dyno again you invite the crew to see this big pump gas number?

This is what I'm going to do to make the run with you interesting since I am going to be palying catch up. Where evre our race is going to be, I am going to leave you go then get into my car start it and then blast you because remember you told John that life starts at 160 mph fpr you so that will be enough time for me to pass you. And Ed, when I pass you it is not going to be a soft pass. I am going to pass you like you were in reverse, Remember that!
Old 05-29-09, 09:05 AM
relic
Rookie

sorry dre my monies on the man from VI rudy , his build is complete with built block and all his rotating assembly will be lighter and tighter and his turbo /nos setup will be deadly and thats a fact , nuff said
Ed, that's the smartest thing that you have said all day
Old 05-29-09, 09:11 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's it!!!!!!

Wow, I feel priviledged to be first on your long list of cars to beat. Are you sure that you want o start with me? If I were you I wouldn't want my first race to be a loss. Maybe you should start with a turbo civic or probably a NA car and work your way up to the South Florida SC 300 Racing team.

Think about it and let me know but regardless the black shall be waiting!
Old 05-29-09, 09:11 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Ed, come on now. Listen to your statement. If you're going to be in the high 500 range on pump gas then it should be no problem to hit 600 + but I think we all know that your numbers are not real and are wish numbers. hopefully, when you dyno again you invite the crew to see this big pump gas number?

This is what I'm going to do to make the run with you interesting since I am going to be palying catch up. Where evre our race is going to be, I am going to leave you go then get into my car start it and then blast you because remember you told John that life starts at 160 mph fpr you so that will be enough time for me to pass you. And Ed, when I pass you it is not going to be a soft pass. I am going to pass you like you were in reverse, Remember that!
why is 550 ish a wish on pump , terry did 608 , jerome 592 all on pump

so if i dont get the cams in 550ish on the new turbo setup and now i have the pumps in and hardwired are realistic and with cams closer to jeromes pump numbers but thats it for me PERIOD

rudy let me educate u on a few things

firstly my goals are my goals and 550 ish is all i want and all my clutch setup will handle safely , i dont have nothin to prove unlike some other here and dont need to create more expense for myself

my car right now is over 500 but on a dying turbo and restrictive back housing so yes with new turbo being ordered and a couple of goodies 600 can do but i choose not to if thats okay with you

now as far as giving me that start go for it just make sure when you are your 7000hp mark either dave or someone else is driving behind with your tow truck to pick up the pieces from another blown motor
Old 05-29-09, 09:14 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i went easy on you that night night on low boost if i went to 23psi your tranny would go boom... i had to turn it down because of traction issues but dont worry you will have ample time to get some as well when i am finished

no track for me but open hwy is what i built this for and now will prove it when its finished before i swap in the gte motor
Ed I find that hard to believe..We were side by side which tells me you were at 475 rwhp come on Ed come better then that ..

Now you might of turn down for Jerome cause at that time he can confirm we were dead even in the power band..So the point I'm trying to make is how could you be running me at 19 lb when I heard Jerome smoked you..
Old 05-29-09, 09:29 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by //LRD
Ed I find that hard to believe..We were side by side which tells me you were at 475 rwhp come on Ed come better then that ..

Now you might of turn down for Jerome cause at that time he can confirm we were dead even in the power band..So the point I'm trying to make is how could you be running me at 19 lb when I heard Jerome smoked you..
john let me break it on down for you

i dynoed 474 and 447 trq with 2 major boost leaks which hurts the top end plateau of the power band .. it also hurst the spool up for the turbo is fighting in and out of its eff range.. on that night all boost leaks plugged up and i had alpha make a couple of off dyno on street adjustments to compensate.. now from the seat of my pants and watching speedo i can tell car at 23psi feels quite abit different then it did coming off dyno

i was at 19psi wether or not you wanna accept you got ur feelings hurt thats up to you but the truth is the truth and that was the first thing i told you guys when we arrived at truck stop...at around 19psi with boost leaks solved car is about 470 to 480 at 23.5 i am over 500 ish

also my friend luis with the 04 cobra with upgraded pullies is putting down 505 rwhp and we ran about 3 or 4 weeks ago and i was on high boost and i actually slightly pulled on him before we shut it down you can ask him that

as far as jerome , we started out in second and i spooled so fast that traction broke instantly for it was in the high 40s that night and i almost ended up in the ditch punky can attest to this so if letting off throttle to protect self and car is a lost then i lost , i then turned it down to around 16psi and jerome i told you that i pines rem

so bottom line is i was on 19psi which tends to spike at 20 but i assure you if i was on full throttle at 23.5 which is wat i am tuned for it would have been bye bye

Last edited by lexforlife; 05-29-09 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-29-09, 09:31 AM
relic
Rookie

why is 550 ish a wish on pump , terry did 608 , jerome 592 all on pump

so if i dont get the cams in 550ish on the new turbo setup and now i have the pumps in and hardwired are realistic and with cams closer to jeromes pump numbers but thats it for me PERIOD

rudy let me educate u on a few things

firstly my goals are my goals and 550 ish is all i want and all my clutch setup will handle safely , i dont have nothin to prove unlike some other here and dont need to create more expense for myself

my car right now is over 500 but on a dying turbo and restrictive back housing so yes with new turbo being ordered and a couple of goodies 600 can do but i choose not to if thats okay with you

now as far as giving me that start go for it just make sure when you are your 7000hp mark either dave or someone else is driving behind with your tow truck to pick up the pieces from another blown motor
First off Ed, you're like a roller coaster one time you are content with your power and then another time like now you want high 500's hp on pump gas! And the thing is nobody has eber seen a dyno video or dyno slip of your so called 475 hp pulls???

Anyway, your car can't compare to Jerome or Terrys car? What are you saying? Your engine is a STOCK SC LONGBLOCK, if the SC block was built for big power then the Supras would have came with the same block as a SC but they didn't and Terry has a complete 2JZGTE and Jerome has the GTE block so you can't compare their engines to yours! And you are correct, your goals are your goals but if they are not realistic then I have to say something about them. The only thing to prove here is the reason that we build turbo cars and that's for power ans speed and if you don't believe that then you're not being real with yourself.

And I don't have to be at 700 hp for you, I'm going to race you at 12 psi, which should be at around 525 to 550 hp and that will be more than enough for you.

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa