Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 09:39 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
john let me break it on down for you

i dynoed 474 and 447 trq with 2 major boost leaks which hurts the top end plateau of the power band .. it also hurst the spool up for the turbo is fighting in and out of its eff range.. on that night all boost leaks plugged up and i had alpha make a couple of off dyno on street adjustments to compensate.. now from the seat of my pants and watching speedo i can tell car at 23psi feels quite abit different then it did coming off dyno

i was at 19psi wether or not you wanna accept you got ur feelings hurt thats up to you but the truth is the truth and that was the first thing i told you guys when we arrived at truck stop...

as far as jerome , we started out in second and i spooled so fast that traction broke instantly for it was in the high 40s that night and i almost ended up in the ditch punky can attest to this so if letting off throttle to protect self and car is a lost then i lost , i then turned it down to around 16psi and jerome i told you that i pines rem

so bottom line is i was on 19psi which tends to spike at 20 but i assure you if i was on full throttle at 23.5 which is wat i am tuned for it would have been bye bye

Let me chime in great one(Lexforlife). Heading south on 27 we did two pulls and yes the first run you did spin out but the second one you didn't and we know the outcome. The third pull on Pines is when you claimed that you were turning it down because of traction. So it's not rocket science that if you just lost at 19 psi then you're definitely going to lose at 16 psi.

IMO, as I said before if Ed's car was really at 19 psi that night then hats off to him because I've seen John's car dyno and I've ran with him and I expected John to leave Ed that night but that wasn't the case.

The only way to settle it would be to run again and see what's up..

P.S. Ed it was 593rwhp not 592rwhp on pump gas. Every little pony counts!
Old 05-29-09, 09:45 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All this talk about big BIG BOOST BIG HORSE POWER AND BIG HEADS. I couldn't sleep the past few night because of this let alone babies crying. Me with my baby 62-1 won't cut it I was shooting for 450-500RWHP with a few other changes to keep up. but after reading all this I went out and bought a few things and I keep thinking to myself about the auto tranny cause how sensitive it is after 500. If it ain't broken then it doesn't need to be fix, well I thought about it all night and I can only think of one thing

Well here is what I'm thinking if its broken then I'll go 6 speed remember I am on the same platform as you guys I don't need to make 700 ponys to fly with you guys.
Old 05-29-09, 09:51 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by relic
First off Ed, you're like a roller coaster one time you are content with your power and then another time like now you want high 500's hp on pump gas! And the thing is nobody has eber seen a dyno video or dyno slip of your so called 475 hp pulls???

Anyway, your car can't compare to Jerome or Terrys car? What are you saying? Your engine is a STOCK SC LONGBLOCK, if the SC block was built for big power then the Supras would have came with the same block as a SC but they didn't and Terry has a complete 2JZGTE and Jerome has the GTE block so you can't compare their engines to yours! And you are correct, your goals are your goals but if they are not realistic then I have to say something about them. The only thing to prove here is the reason that we build turbo cars and that's for power ans speed and if you don't believe that then you're not being real with yourself.

And I don't have to be at 700 hp for you, I'm going to race you at 12 psi, which should be at around 525 to 550 hp and that will be more than enough for you.
rudy you really dont know much here do you, gte and ge blocks are the same with exception of pistons and oil squiteres , gte coil on plug ge dizzy

alot of guys do actually use ge block and swap in pistons and bang its the same as gte compression so please do more research and stop putting your foot in your mouth oh i forgot you dont have a car to foot to the floor in so putting it in your mouth works

and jerome has seen my dyno in my garage , wayne has steve has and many others so whats your point sir , it did 474 and 447 trq with the boost leaks

my power goals have been always in the 550ish range
Old 05-29-09, 10:00 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Let me chime in great one(Lexforlife). Heading south on 27 we did two pulls and yes the first run you did spin out but the second one you didn't and we know the outcome. The third pull on Pines is when you claimed that you were turning it down because of traction. So it's not rocket science that if you just lost at 19 psi then you're definitely going to lose at 16 psi.

IMO, as I said before if Ed's car was really at 19 psi that night then hats off to him because I've seen John's car dyno and I've ran with him and I expected John to leave Ed that night but that wasn't the case.

The only way to settle it would be to run again and see what's up..

P.S. Ed it was 593rwhp not 592rwhp on pump gas. Every little pony counts!

jerome i assure you it was low boost and the second run with you i spun as well i just never stepped out of it again punky can attest to that

dont worry once i do another compression test next week when changing plugs and i confirm the health is good in all cylinders i will slap on the new turbo and i am praying the cams and john and i can do it again this time 23psi, then you and i but the relic seeing his godlike status is tooo much for me so i will admit i lose by default

Last edited by lexforlife; 05-29-09 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-29-09, 10:02 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

alot of guys do actually use ge block and swap in pistons and bang its the same as gte compression so please do more research and stop putting your foot in your mouth oh i forgot you dont have a car to foot to the floor in so putting it in your mouth works
We don't need to start this again
Old 05-29-09, 10:06 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

jerome i assure you it was low boost and the second run with you i spun as well i just never stepped out of it again punky can attest to that

dont worry once i do another compression test next week when changing plugs and i confirm the health is good in all cylinders i will slap on the new turbo and i am praying the cams and john and i can do it again , then you and i but the relic seeing his godlike status is tooo much for me so i will admit i lose by default
Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Wow, I feel priviledged to be first on your long list of cars to beat. Are you sure that you want o start with me? If I were you I wouldn't want my first race to be a loss. Maybe you should start with a turbo civic or probably a NA car and work your way up to the South Florida SC 300 Racing team.

Think about it and let me know but regardless the black shall be waiting!
You guys better watch yourselves I'm not going to but down a number but I will be blowing my tranny.
Old 05-29-09, 10:15 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DINH300
We don't need to start this again
i know but i cant help it when someones talking out of their ?????

i have 2.5mm headgasket so my compression is actully abit lower then a gte compression so my knock and detonation threshold is more foregiving and thats a fact, although genuwine gte pistons are more effeient because of the squish factor and the design of the piston head and boy do i regret not dropping in gte pistons when i was building my car since i had the motor out

gte or ge both can make same power at diff boost levels and rudy 550ish on pump is everyday equation on a standalone
Old 05-29-09, 10:19 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah dre but do rem i was holding up to 130 in 3rd when i went to 4th i started to pull away and u let off and i was on that crappy map ecu and car was pulling timing like crazy

i would have loved to match up since going aem and have no timing issues so i guess you can get some with the 2j now
I do recall having your wastegate blowing up my ear if memory serve me right that mean I was ahead by a nose. I will consult the passenger that was with me to see if she recalls. I will also pull up both my windows and close my sunroof to remove drag. Til' nextime...!
sorry dre my monies on the man from VI rudy , his build is complete with built block and all his rotating assembly will be lighter and tighter and his turbo /nos setup will be deadly and thats a fact , nuff said
That's fine, but putting the power to the floor is also a factor. That's all I am saying!
Old 05-29-09, 10:25 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by drewgo
I do recall having your wastegate blowing up my ear if memory serve me right that mean I was ahead by a nose. I will consult the passenger that was with me to see if she recalls. I will also pull up both my windows and close my sunroof to remove drag. Til' nextime...!

That's fine, but putting the power to the floor is also a factor. That's all I am saying!
well then you just proved you were behind not ahead as my wastegate dump is at my fender on pass side and sound does not travel ahead at 140mph so you had to be behind my door for it to blow your ear drum come come now tell the truth

hey this is all in good fun and i dont want anyone to take things personally

some of us here are ultra competative and some just runnin for fun some alittle to competative but hey that another story

we are a tight crew of boosted sc'c in sc land south florida and i really hope all this smack talk will keep us as a tight group and not turn negative about whos got the biggest ?????

on that note i am out and about
Old 05-29-09, 10:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

heres the match ups i would like to see for fun

jerome and terry , almost same power levels

jerome and big dave again almost same pump gas numbers

jerome and corolla dave this would truly be exciting to see

lexforlife and john we should be around same power levels

lexforlife and damiem overall same turbo and power levels
dre and ??? dont know numbers yet but knowing dre they will be well up there and running great ( please this time put the right oil in)

so when everyones up and runnin and tuned finally lets make this all happen in one night quietly
Old 05-29-09, 10:54 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Lexforlife your going to be my first victim
Old 05-29-09, 11:06 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

get a decent runnin car first
Old 05-29-09, 11:14 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

( please this time put the right oil in)
Good one bra... good one I must say.... ! But yeah some lessons are expensive but I like to call them "tuition".
That's like parking a car through the garage WALL!

You'll have a great opportunity when his car is down for a turbo change and he's rolling in the
Tundra. So keep ur eyes open for when the time comes!
Old 05-29-09, 11:16 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by drewgo
Good one bra... good one I must say.... ! That's like parking a car through the garage WALL! But yeah some lessons are expensive but I like to call them "tuition".
man you didnt forget that one did ya , you know i still wont drive my car all the way into the garage i have flashbacks of that afternoon
Old 05-29-09, 11:18 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

man you didnt forget that one did ya , you know i still wont drive my car all the way into the garage i have flashbacks of that afternoon
ROFL... ! How could I? Dude, I am laught my A.s.s off here!

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa