Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-09, 05:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
Good morning gentlemen Ed, Dre I hear you guys an appreciate your concern.Fuel will be addressed .. ..I guess for now I'll have to turn the boost down a little..

as of now 550's DR.Dre
just trying to help out and share my experiences with another , last thing i wanna hear is the white stallion going kabooooom.. try and keep boost down to say 19psi until fuel is sorted out regardless of what tuner/dyno says.. dyno may show fuel there but when actual load from street is on and you stand on it thats where you get bad pressure drop and the t67 spools so fast and comes on hard very little wiggle room for safety

also check out this pic of what size our stock rails are at for those of us who are still running around on stock rails with big injectors

i cut open a extra rail i had laying around yesterday and put it alongside a -8an line , the stock id of rail is LESS then 3/8 whereas a -8an is about 1/2in rail id should be slightly larger then lines supplying it to keep volume constant and also aids in keeping fuel cool

Last edited by lexforlife; 06-07-09 at 05:50 AM.
Old 06-07-09, 03:10 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning gentlemen Ed, Dre I hear you guys an appreciate your concern.Fuel will be addressed .. ..I guess for now I'll have to turn the boost down a little..

as of now 550's DR.Dre
John, I got a top feed fuel rail I wont be using anymore..
Old 06-07-09, 04:26 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So earlier I was coming back from a friends house and I was cruising about 55-60. I was listening to my music I heard a loud exhaust from some car i look over and see a silver IS300 with a exhaust and red calipers he was trying to race what looks to be a black 350Z all I can see was the roof and hood of the Z but it looked different from the normal. the Silver IS300 did three beeps and they went at it. The Z pulled 2 cars on the stock IS300 from what looks to be a 3rd gear pull. I notice that the Z looked different I pulled up closer to see when I did it was a 370Z must be new.

I pulled next to the driver and saw that he was about 20-25 years of age he waves his hand in a go away motion and goes WOT I do the same but since he dropped gears before I did he left me by 1 car and when I went into boost I reeled him in before 80 and left him by 1.5 to 2 cars behind. he pulled next to me and gives me the "WTF???" look
Old 06-07-09, 05:12 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Din is back to old form go Din300
Old 06-07-09, 05:46 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dew23
Din is back to old form go Din300
And the drama begins i can never understand how Dihn always knows his opponents age WTF ur good
Old 06-07-09, 06:06 PM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Yaad_style
And the drama begins i can never understand how Dihn always knows his opponents age WTF ur good
lol...
Old 06-07-09, 07:57 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drewgo
John, I got a top feed fuel rail I wont be using anymore..
Sound interesting..
Old 06-08-09, 05:31 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DINH300
So earlier I was coming back from a friends house and I was cruising about 55-60. I was listening to my music I heard a loud exhaust from some car i look over and see a silver IS300 with a exhaust and red calipers he was trying to race what looks to be a black 350Z all I can see was the roof and hood of the Z but it looked different from the normal. the Silver IS300 did three beeps and they went at it. The Z pulled 2 cars on the stock IS300 from what looks to be a 3rd gear pull. I notice that the Z looked different I pulled up closer to see when I did it was a 370Z must be new.

I pulled next to the driver and saw that he was about 20-25 years of age he waves his hand in a go away motion and goes WOT I do the same but since he dropped gears before I did he left me by 1 car and when I went into boost I reeled him in before 80 and left him by 1.5 to 2 cars behind. he pulled next to me and gives me the "WTF???" look
Dinh.. where youuuu been I misss youuu lonnnnggg time...LOL

Nice kill story
Old 06-08-09, 06:37 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

This morning decided to drive the SC to work .So I'm driving along and this Infiniti M35 or 45 couldn't tell,pulls along side @ a traff. light.We both look over to one another cars, nice lowered 20 inch wheels.I gave the guy a nod as to say nice car .Well everything is cool the light turns green we both pull off like gentlemen.Yeah right for maybe the first 25-30 feet .I have to go WOT just to move this car off the line because of the 102 back housing.Well Mr. M what ever took it the wrong way ,and blasted me ..All I could do was laugh about it and go on my way..Wait it gets better .The guys slows down to let me catch up .Boy did he just F himself now I'm in 3rd going about 45 mph still not just yet in boost I apply my brakes and start to mash the gas peddle. I just didn't want to suck his driver off I want to blow his whole front end off.Mr. M takes off again but this was different I went in to boost and like I had rockets in my trunk the after burners lit that fool up.NA or not the dude deserved it..Jerome that obx is one nasty turbo thanks for letting me borrow it..I free to be me..
Old 06-08-09, 08:04 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ Marvelous.... absolutely Marvelous!
Old 06-08-09, 12:55 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This morning decided to drive the SC to work .So I'm driving along and this Infiniti M35 or 45 couldn't tell,pulls along side @ a traff. light.We both look over to one another cars, nice lowered 20 inch wheels.I gave the guy a nod as to say nice car .Well everything is cool the light turns green we both pull off like gentlemen.Yeah right for maybe the first 25-30 feet .I have to go WOT just to move this car off the line because of the 102 back housing.Well Mr. M what ever took it the wrong way ,and blasted me ..All I could do was laugh about it and go on my way..Wait it gets better .The guys slows down to let me catch up .Boy did he just F himself now I'm in 3rd going about 45 mph still not just yet in boost I apply my brakes and start to mash the gas peddle. I just didn't want to suck his driver off I want to blow his whole front end off.Mr. M takes off again but this was different I went in to boost and like I had rockets in my trunk the after burners lit that fool up.NA or not the dude deserved it..Jerome that obx is one nasty turbo thanks for letting me borrow it..I free to be me..

Nice kill and anytime brother!

Well, let me be the first to say that with this new turbo that's on John's car it definitely has lag like a mother. I think John says that it comes on at 4K rpm's but when this sh@t hits it hits hard as hell! This turbo has the 3800 lbs. SC on 20's burning tires like you wouldn't believe!

If this is a preview of John's Billett turbo that's otw then alot of people are in trouble. Hint, hint, (Ed)...Lexforlife

Also, John there's no reason to worry about the lag on the current turbo because remember that Ed only built his car for highway runs where he can take you deep up top so the lag won't affect you!

All I can say is the way the car performed that night when that turbo hit is that you need to hold on to the steering wheel tight and hold that wheel as straight as you can! Let the games begin...
Old 06-08-09, 02:11 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked SC

Well, let me be the first to say that with this new turbo that's on John's car it definitely has lag like a mother. I think John says that it comes on at 4K rpm's but when this sh@t hits it hits hard as hell! This turbo has the 3800 lbs. SC on 20's burning tires like you wouldn't believe!

If this is a preview of John's Billett turbo that's otw then alot of people are in trouble. Hint, hint, (Ed)...Lexforlife

Also, John there's no reason to worry about the lag on the current turbo because remember that Ed only built his car for highway runs where he can take you deep up top so the lag won't affect you!

All I can say is the way the car performed that night when that turbo hit is that you need to hold on to the steering wheel tight and hold that wheel as straight as you can! Let the games begin...
I'll post up videos on that later but John took me for a ride and I almost twinkled myself in his car.
Old 06-08-09, 02:53 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC

Originally Posted by DINH300
I'll post up videos on that later but John took me for a ride and I almost twinkled myself in his car.
LOL I know the car feel different to me .But damn I didn't think it was that big of deal to spin 305's at 60-70 mph. don't your cars do it ???, or is that just because I'm and auto.. Thanks guys for trying to pump me up.It really isn't all that.So stop trying to scare Ed..
Old 06-08-09, 03:09 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

LOL I know the car feel different to me .But damn I didn't think it was that big of deal to spin 305's at 60-70 mph. don't your cars do it ???, or is that just because I'm and auto.. Thanks guys for trying to pump me up.It really isn't all that.So stop trying to scare Ed..
whos scared , not me , okay just alittle , alright i will hide my car until

dont worry folks this will prove interesting for i too have ordered the same turbo but in dbb form as well as billet , i just havent decided if i want to spend money and install these 268deg cams so some people better watch out for you all are now pissing me off to open up the secret piggybank like our boy terry did and spend some serious coin and upgrade everything and claim 1500 hp (roll eyes) but i am trying to resist and save the extra coin for that dream mkIII supra that i wanna build so badly and that one will be built for drag and pure pure top end no damm excuses there , put up or shut up but john , jerome and relic , keep pushing me and i will forget my dream

Last edited by lexforlife; 06-08-09 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-08-09, 06:06 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

im here to throw rocks! spinning aint winning

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa