Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Work work work and more work.... South Florida edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-08, 04:22 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im in the Fire Academy now and its fun and stressful at the same time. Its Mon- Fri from 7a to 5p with 3 test a week, so i guess it kinda takes a toll on you. But otherwise then that FIRE is freaking awesome and i have a month left and im DONE!! Just have to get a job.
Old 01-01-09, 08:09 AM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently Started working at a mercedes specialty company. Long hours and lots of stress. But at least i get to take any mercedes i want home st the end of the day. Ot. I already miss driving the sc.
Old 01-01-09, 09:17 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

work in a wheel store,things are kinda slow right now,so it's a little worrisome.But there's nothing I can do about that.other then that It's a pretty cool job!!You get to meet some interesting people.Example I had the pleasure to help Ronaldo Hill of the Dolphin.#24.He brought his Lexus LS600h in for some tires.this thing had a full A.C. body kit with 22 inch Auto Couture Lative's and we even lowered it for him.I guess I really can't b itch bout anything except the lack of customers.But I can only hope that things will all change in 2009.Best wishes to everyone in the new year
Old 01-01-09, 11:44 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HippoSleek
I work in a nail salon and there are about 10 employees and when it get busy the women start to argue about customers. I had this lady that sat on table 3 argue with table lady on table 5. It all started this morning when we had the early morning rush ( I hate early morning rushes). It started to die down after 2 hours and there was one last customer waiting, she was waiting for lady on table 3. The lady on table 5 walks up to the customer and started luring the her into letting lady 5 do her nails. The customer agrees and next thing you know lady 3 walks up to lady 5 and they argue in vietnamese saying that, this isn't right what you are doing and that if a customer is waiting for her then let her wait. lady 3 starts crying and now all the customers in the salon start to talk about how unprofessional it is for employees in a salon to argue with each other.

I get up and I ask lady 3 to get out and I don't want to see her here anymore. Then she does a desperate move and starts swinging at the lady 5 and get 1 hit and I jump in between the two and I grab lady 3 and dragged her out of my shop. I emptied her table into a bag and told her to leave.

after this holiday I gotta get my sleeping bag ready for work.
lol, typical when there is a rush of customers. at my shop, we all are family... so that means everyone rather sit around and chill out. I didn't get to eat till after 6pm on new years eve! but you know how it goes when the holidays come around, basically the only time we can make real $$$.

hopefully 09 is better, 08 was a mess when the economy hit come. for us it was half way before the clients realized, "oh **** i need to stop spending" but they are paid on salary... im on commission. lol
Old 01-01-09, 11:58 AM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Well all the best to everyone for 09. After hard work and school i started my own business in 08. I have an insurance company. we offer all kinds of insurance, auto, life & health, homeowners, renters flood and commercial. my hours vary from day to day. but the best part is i have no boss and i love helping customers save $$$
Old 01-01-09, 01:03 PM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

Drewgo you work Memorial? My father has worked there for some years now....
Old 01-01-09, 04:48 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice way to know more about you guys. I'm the IT director at an outdoor/hunting company in SFL. Pretty busy most of the time, but I love this field.
Old 01-03-09, 04:19 PM
HippoSleek
Driver School Candidate

I'm surprise that today was actually pretty busy
Old 01-03-09, 05:16 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HippoSleek
I'm surprise that today was actually pretty busy
dirtttt slow over here... god i dunno how many times i dosed off.
Old 01-03-09, 06:28 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

this lady ******ed the hell outta me today at work because we charged her prescription the full price ($75). but it wasnt our fault because she didnt bring her insurance card. and she had the nerve to blame ME! " Stupid *** chinese boy!" (she yelled that out loud..im viet..)

needless to say she brought her insurance card and everything was fixed.
Old 01-03-09, 11:28 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
this lady ******ed the hell outta me today at work because we charged her prescription the full price ($75). but it wasnt our fault because she didnt bring her insurance card. and she had the nerve to blame ME! " Stupid *** chinese boy!" (she yelled that out loud..im viet..)

needless to say she brought her insurance card and everything was fixed.
trend follower. every viet person i know is either pharm, dent, opt or doc. lol, u a tech of pharmacist? my sister is a tech for now, she is always telling me these stories about the old and how mean they are.