Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Work work work and more work.... South Florida edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-08, 10:45 AM
HippoSleek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Work work work and more work.... South Florida edition

I've always wanted to make a tread like this. The majority of us South Florida guys work hard and sometimes alot of us don't know what each and every single one of us go threw to put food on the table. We south florida members are probably the closest as in terms of friends and family but we never talk about work or our everyday life.

This can be funny or sad stories that goes on where we work. this is more of a fun and stress relieving, or venting thread.
Old 12-30-08, 11:06 AM
Punky
Lead Lap

Cool thread, but I don't think I can mention things my boss says without getting banned. lmao.
Old 12-30-08, 11:23 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LoL kool thread, well at the moment I work for my dad SO that makes him the boss which equals not to many fun days at work.....
Old 12-30-08, 11:29 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

I met the rap artist Flo-rida last week..the most hype that goes on at my job is meeting celebs..
Old 12-30-08, 11:41 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

work here is stressed becuase the whole dealer had about 150 lay offs and the parts department was short handed when i came here a year ago and since then in parts alone there has been about 15 lay offs... the back counter was 3 people short when i got hired and now 3 more people are gone which means more stress... but then again i get to have my car worked on whenever i want and get discounts on the OEM stuff i need and get to see beautiful lexus' all day long
Old 12-30-08, 01:09 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i work at pizza hut but im still in high school so i geuss its all good and im moving to ny in the near future
Old 12-30-08, 02:21 PM
HippoSleek
Driver School Candidate

I was going to the HOA in my community to get my transponders looked at because all of them are not working for some reason. So as I pull up there I notice that there are about 40 people there that have the same issue. I explained what happen and they sad there system was accidently shut down and now is back up and but the older transponder once they are shut down they cannot be restored. I have the older transponders and now they tell me I have to replace mine at the cost of $50 a pop so thats $150 that I need to put because they F'ed up.
Old 12-30-08, 04:34 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

wtf you met flo-rida? lucky

nothing really special happening with me right now. except for some customers that i ring up at my work. i work in the pharmacy at cvs and there are truly some annoying a$$ people that come and get their medicine. and some cheapo people that wont pay $5 more than what they usually pay because they think we didnt put it through insurance (which we did)
Old 12-30-08, 05:24 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

lol get a better job then! not right now times are tough!
Old 12-30-08, 09:34 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

BUSY as fwak for me at the nail salon. After New years... I'll be basically jobless cause no one will want their nails done. lol
Old 12-30-08, 10:18 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

nail salon... so are you viet?

and nah those customers might be annoying but i love my job
Old 12-31-08, 08:34 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Memorial Regional Hospital (I.T. Dept), right now we are being bombarded with a Virus and in the middle of chaos. I was hoping to get out early! SUCKS!
Old 12-31-08, 10:25 AM
HippoSleek
Driver School Candidate

I work in a nail salon and there are about 10 employees and when it get busy the women start to argue about customers. I had this lady that sat on table 3 argue with table lady on table 5. It all started this morning when we had the early morning rush ( I hate early morning rushes). It started to die down after 2 hours and there was one last customer waiting, she was waiting for lady on table 3. The lady on table 5 walks up to the customer and started luring the her into letting lady 5 do her nails. The customer agrees and next thing you know lady 3 walks up to lady 5 and they argue in vietnamese saying that, this isn't right what you are doing and that if a customer is waiting for her then let her wait. lady 3 starts crying and now all the customers in the salon start to talk about how unprofessional it is for employees in a salon to argue with each other.

I get up and I ask lady 3 to get out and I don't want to see her here anymore. Then she does a desperate move and starts swinging at the lady 5 and get 1 hit and I jump in between the two and I grab lady 3 and dragged her out of my shop. I emptied her table into a bag and told her to leave.

after this holiday I gotta get my sleeping bag ready for work.
Old 12-31-08, 12:19 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

I'm unemployed now but at my old job I realized how much it taught me to be ticked off at customers....love the question when I was in work uniform pulling a huge pallet of water "Do you work here?" Seriously between them and the idiots I worked for, i'm glad that I quit.
Old 12-31-08, 01:36 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drewgo
Memorial Regional Hospital (I.T. Dept), right now we are being bombarded with a Virus and in the middle of chaos. I was hoping to get out early! SUCKS!
Hey drew what kinda I.T. work do you do I am going to ITT Tech and studying I.T. myself

Quick Reply: Work work work and more work.... South Florida edition