Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Offcial FL Venice Beach meet discussion - February 28 and March 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-09, 09:39 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

john let me know if you guys want to do the screen name ID vinyl stickers for the cars.
Originally Posted by //LRD
There seems to be a lot of us going, so there shouldn't be a lot of out of pocket cost for any of us. ..

John it been a while you might have to refresh our memory..
Old 02-03-09, 09:47 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doet!!!!!
Old 02-03-09, 10:35 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badx33
john let me know if you guys want to do the screen name ID vinyl stickers for the cars.

That would be awesome!! great Idea.Now how big of a sticker???
Old 02-03-09, 12:51 PM
96sc300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW my room is booked
Old 02-03-09, 12:51 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
doet!!!!!

Originally Posted by //LRD
That would be awesome!! great Idea.Now how big of a sticker???
i can do any size, but i was thinking soomething small for the side windows, what do you think? may a 2''x5''?
Old 02-03-09, 01:24 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Ok so today I drove down to the park. Its an easy drive, very pleasant once on the island. Ok so I got there and its how I remembered. Clean, accessible, and should be fine for what we need. Here are the pictures but please continue reading cause I have some more info.

This portion of the park is one long paved stretch along the sand dunes. Would be great to park in one big line if someone could reserve the spot.

This portion would be our best bet for the meet. Big lot with enough room for everyone. The lot isn't paved but it is very hard/packed sand. Sorry it had rained yesterday so it was muddy.

This would be another potential spot. Right next to the pavilions, lot is smaller and finding enough spots would be more difficult.

And of course pictures of the beach. There is no really good activity area, didn't see volleyball.

Old 02-03-09, 01:35 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Now here is where I want to bring up an important issue. There are some restaurants/bars in the area, and a few small stores. I drove around and headed north along the gulf and didn't realize that Siesta Beach was only ten minutes away. This is a beautiful beach, one of the worlds best, and after walking around I realized it had a whole lot more to offer than Turtle Beach. The parking lot there is all paved, its huge, there's a ton of picnic tables, volleyball courts, and they have concessions (beer is served ). I thought this beach was great and would be a much nicer spot for the meet only if everyone else agreed. It is five minutes in the opposite direction on Midnight Pass road, same road that takes you to Turtle Beach, and we would look awesome having all of us there at once. Just an idea...John I have the number and reservations shouldn't be needed but it would be worth looking into. IDK, just a thought, seemed like a better place. Here are pictures.

Huge paved Parking Lot

Tons of picnic benches

Volleyball and the beach is twice as nice

Old 02-03-09, 02:11 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh yea iam in for park #2 and its paved !!
Old 02-03-09, 02:17 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definately in for option 2. Paved roads, bigger area to BBQ at, volleyball court ready to go in one of the nicest beaches around. Can't go wrong with this new Location. Good job Taylor in taking pictures for everyone to see what we have to choose from.
Old 02-03-09, 02:39 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

i have been to beach 2 its outstanding
Old 02-03-09, 02:48 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Definately in for option 2. Paved roads, bigger area to BBQ at, volleyball court ready to go in one of the nicest beaches around. Can't go wrong with this new Location. Good job Taylor in taking pictures for everyone to see what we have to choose from.
Great pic's thank you for taking the time to go do there..

We have two little problems 1st I need the name of the 2nd park and I 'll call park and rec. to try to change our reservation and the 2nd is, there are no pic,s of the actual picnic area that we are going to be at, which is on Midnight Pass.The pic's of Turtle bch is the 2nd section that's not where we're going to be. There is a bigger picnic/pavilion around the corner with a volleyball court. it's on Google maps.At Turtle bch which has been reserve already and we'll be the only ones there.But I'll call still.Thanks again Taylor
Old 02-03-09, 02:51 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I have raced many a triathlons at the second beach - it is an excellent beach and has all the right stuff for a great time
Old 02-03-09, 02:54 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

I'm sorry, I know exactly which area you are talking about. That area was ok. Parking lot was decent size and it was clean. Most people wont be using that lot so space shouldn't be a problem. The name of the second park is Siesta Beach....Very nice, I have there number but it sounds like you already do. If you need anymore information let me know. I can head down again this weekend or next tuesday if you need anything else done, its not that far from my home back in Bradenton.
Old 02-03-09, 02:54 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

John,

I'm pretty sure that the beach is on Siesta Key - it is the public beach - Siesta Key beach.

Oops, looks like captainsc beat me to it.
Old 02-03-09, 03:03 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm down for volley ball!

Originally Posted by badx33

i can do any size, but i was thinking soomething small for the side windows, what do you think? may a 2''x5''?
Doet = Do it!

Quick Reply: Offcial FL Venice Beach meet discussion - February 28 and March 1