Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Offcial FL Venice Beach meet discussion - February 28 and March 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-09, 07:59 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by //LRD
The dreaded food question.I say to keep it simple everyone or a group of people bring what that would like to grille.I could only speak for myself but I def.won't be hauling food from Ft.Lauderdale,the whole weekend.So my suggestion is to get together Sunday and go shopping for the goody's.What do you guys think???South Florida.
Sounds good John. It's going to be at least 20-25 cars doing the caravan from South florida and every car should be able to chip in $20 or $30 so that we could just do a mass shopping early Sunday morning. Does this sound like a plan?
Old 01-12-09, 08:00 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drewgo

I know we are very responsible law abiding citizens and would not even think about going a mile over the speed Limit.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i nearly pissed myself reading that

anyway my car is bone stock now no exhaust or nothing took everything off... so yeah also this will be my last meet i wont be hear for the mega meet 2k9 because im moving to ny in june
Old 01-12-09, 08:12 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Sounds good John. It's going to be at least 20-25 cars doing the caravan from South florida and every car should be able to chip in $20 or $30 so that we could just do a mass shopping early Sunday morning. Does this sound like a plan?
sounds good..i found Sam's Club, Bj's wholesale, Publix, and Winn-Dixie..Up there already..
Old 01-12-09, 08:21 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
sean if you bring that annoying douche bag kid i wont go
First off he is not a kid he is a child predator.lol Second he has the fastest shiat around don't you know that?!lol He wasn't really thinking of going in the first place ,but my buddy Chris might come and he isn't like Jake.
Old 01-12-09, 08:26 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

So did we find a meet up spot yet In the Venice area parks preferably? Even though it is next month time flys pretty fast and then were like ahhhhhhhhhhhh were we going ?lol I just don't really want to drive 80 miles and then end up driving around another 20 to find a place I like keeping some change in my car.
Old 01-12-09, 08:39 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

contact wringo about his caterer the bbq boys that will make it soo everyone just pays 10bux and gets a plate of food ! thats plain and simple
Old 01-12-09, 09:07 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
So did we find a meet up spot yet In the Venice area parks preferably? Even though it is next month time flys pretty fast and then were like ahhhhhhhhhhhh were we going ?lol I just don't really want to drive 80 miles and then end up driving around another 20 to find a place I like keeping some change in my car.
Made some calls today.And here is one of the parks in found.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Now the only hang up is that the parking lot is made of sea shell gravel.I am trying to get them to let us park on the grass.What's killer about this location is that 50ft behind the park down turtle beach rd is a huge paved parking lot that runs along the ocean.Just check out the Google map.Let me know what you guys think of this park.Oh yea you got to go to midnight pass rd.Then you'll see the park on the right hand side
Old 01-12-09, 09:13 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by //LRD
Made some calls today.And here is one of the parks in found.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Now the only hang up is that the parking lot is made of sea shell gravel.I am trying to get them to let us park on the grass.What's killer about this location is that 50ft behind the park down turtle beach rd is a huge paved parking lot that runs along the ocean.Just check out the Google map.Let me know what you guys think of this park.Oh yea you got to go to midnight pass rd.Then you'll see the park on the right hand side
id rather park on the hard pack shells just dont wanna lay my car out (air'd out) in the grass lol
Old 01-12-09, 09:14 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
First off he is not a kid he is a child predator.lol Second he has the fastest shiat around don't you know that?!lol He wasn't really thinking of going in the first place ,but my buddy Chris might come and he isn't like Jake.
thank god he isnt comming !!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-09, 09:17 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks to be a good spot minus the sea shell gravel parking ^^^ If we could park on the grass that would be great. Maybe we can park somewhere close to this location with paved road and then go from there if need be.
Old 01-13-09, 06:10 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

I looked at the view for a quick second and saw that the paved lot if you took a left after the shell section was huge. Looks like we could hold around 30 cars or so there. If it gets packed you come late you get the shell section I guess lol.
Old 01-13-09, 06:24 AM
1stGS30
Lead Lap

umm ok... so is this seashell crap park even near that sharkys place or wat? i think im really going to get lost trying to get to this meet..
Old 01-13-09, 06:48 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
id rather park on the hard pack shells just dont wanna lay my car out (air'd out) in the grass lol
Yes I forgot to mention that.It's hard pack,so worst case we get ashy tires.The park serv.call me back this morning and they are permitting up to 5 cars to park on the grass.

Fluxx we need your input on this location.
Old 01-13-09, 09:17 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

we could go food shopping in Sarasota on the way to the park..its about 30 minutes away from the hotel..
Old 01-13-09, 11:51 AM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Turtle Beach is a nice park. Not to far from my home. If possible I might head there early and try to mark off an official spot along the water which looks paved. I personally don't have a problem with the gravel, just don't start spinning the tires I've been there and it is hard packed and shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Quick Reply: Offcial FL Venice Beach meet discussion - February 28 and March 1