Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

opinion on speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-09, 05:00 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default opinion on speeding ticket

just my luck guys last night coming home i get stopped in pembroke pines for speeding

i was traveling northbound officer traveling southbound , he i guess heres me accelerating travels southbound for another 1/8 mile makes a u turn , by this time i am at pines and palm making right turn so he had to travel about 3/4 mile maybe more to get to where i am at , so i make right turn after signaling i travel another 1/2 mile east bound on pines to turn into my development , i travel another 1/2 mile or so into my development , make another left turn then right turn onto my specific street and he then comes racing behind me ..

he issues me a speeding ticket which says in one area on palm ave (mind you its about 2miles from where he stopped me) i was estimated by sight doing 80 in a 40 then in the other part of ticket it says estimated 85 is the speed .. officer traveling opposite direction , 9:30 at night , can he really estimate my speed with no other cars around just based on sound

i say sound because he also issued ticket for modified exhaust so he heard my exhaust while accelerating and assumed i was speeding , he had no radar , no laser onme and again clearly wrote on tkt estimated speed by sight

he also issued a tkt for me failing to signal right turn from palm to pines mind you he had to be at least 1/2 mile back and had no clear shot at night to clearly establish it was me the actually turned for i did signal

now why did he not stop me on pines seeing that he accused me of speeding and failing to signal , why did he not stop me after turning into my development which was another 1/4 to half mile , why did he not stop me there

so do you guys think this scnerio will hold any water and he issued me tkt for modified exhaust
Old 02-10-09, 05:27 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

okay guys i just discovered something on the speeding tkt it says in 1 area 80 in a 40 and down below it it says estimated speed of 85

now the biggest error is the speed limit on palm is 45 not 40 so the tkt is defective and has to be thrown out correct
Old 02-10-09, 05:27 AM
sunrisetrd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you should fight it. The exhaust ticket, is it a fix-it ticket? If it is you'll have to pay the ticket or make it back to "factory specs" and they'll throw out the ticket. Well thats what they told me at least. If its just a warning ticket, then don't even worry about it.
Old 02-10-09, 05:59 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

take pictures..i know if the cop made a mistake on the ticket the judge might throw it out..Or if you want a lawyer James Babkes 954-452-8630..300 S. Pine Island Rd. Plantation, FL 33324
Old 02-10-09, 08:23 AM
jordan9923
Pole Position

thats happened to me before.. but in pinecrest.. which is worst.. i was going 50 in a 30 and the cop was going opposite direction.. i didnt do anythign with the ticket and they just dismissed it because there wasnt enough evidence for convicting me of speeding.. just because it was opposite radar.. they say there are problems with it so i just got let off.. but if he just sounded estimated you.. i would challenge it and ask for the evidence that he has on you. and if your exhaust is below 93 decibles then he cant give you a ticket for that either... fight it.. or ticket clinic it.. 75 dollars and they will get it off for you..
Old 02-10-09, 08:30 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TheticketClinic.com nuff said
Old 02-10-09, 08:35 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

I say fight it, get a statement notarized and take it to a lawyer. That doesnt make any sense what the cop said, most likely both tickets will get thrown out so no need to worry about the exhaust either..
Old 02-10-09, 11:12 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
TheticketClinic.com nuff said

X2
Old 02-10-09, 03:31 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just in trafiic court the other day (Broward) and as long as they do not have a radar or lazer on you to determin speed then the ticket will be thrown out so save your money and just go to court yourself. Also the fact that the officer wrote two different speeds its all in your favor..GL I hate tickets
Old 02-10-09, 06:09 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Sometimes the officers have radar detectors in their cars. My mom got pulled over like this by Pines PD before. Took it to court and she lost. Radar FTL.

Seems like he saw you speeding, did a U-turn and followed you. Thats why he probably gave a rough estimate of how fast you were going. 2 miles is a nice long road to do anything. I wouldn't state that if you show up to court. Its enough time to get up to proper speed and if your still pulling away, well thats how he came up with the estimate.

Either way, pay a lawyer and let them do the work. You will probably lose either way but no points is the key. Get points and your insurance goes up. More then likely if they don't dismiss it then you will have to pay for court fees which can range from $100-$XXX depending on the ticket.
Old 02-10-09, 09:51 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Ed take it from the insurance man.... Get a lawyer I used this guys for my clients JASON DIAMOND....www.trafficticketteam.com Ticket Lawyer 24/7 (954) 967-9888 tell them Steven Thompson from 1st State Insurance. ref you.. guaranteed no points = low insurance premiums
Old 02-10-09, 09:58 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

ED i think that the RENTA COP FROM AMEX called in your tag cause she could not have you!!
Old 02-11-09, 04:31 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
Either way, pay a lawyer and let them do the work. You will probably lose either way but no points is the key. Get points and your insurance goes up. More then likely if they don't dismiss it then you will have to pay for court fees which can range from $100-$XXX depending on the ticket.
That's incorrect

just last year I got into the same situation I was going 55 on taft when its a 35 the cop was going in the opposite direction and I saw him turn his head to look over at me. I continued going west for 10 minutes after he spotted me on Douglas Rd and didn't pull me over until flamingo rd. I got out of the car and did as I was told. He asked me how fast I was going and if I knew the speed limit. I said I was going 35 in a 35 he told me I was off by 35 and I was going 60 he said(yes I know his math is wrong) and the speed limit is 30. he issued me the ticket and I took it to court. 2 months after I showed up and so did the cop I had pictures of the street intersection signs and lights. the cop read to the judge that I was going 60 in a 30 zone and I was over by 30, but the ticket says over by 35 I showed the judge that the speed limit was 35 with the picture of the intersection and all. when did you take this picture and I told her the same day. the cop tried to make me look like a liar and said that this is photoshopped. the judge saw the cop being desperate and told me that all the tickets are dismissed. I told the cop as I was walking out the court don't waste my time.

In this situation the Cop had no clue of the speed limit of where he was at and all the information was wrong usually with that being said you can take it to court yourself. take pictures of the road with signs and speed limits and take it to court yourself and prove that the information that you have obtain is the actual speed and the speed in the ticket is not exact. they will void the ticket base on your proof cause all the cop has is his words and picture don't lie. If you hire ticket people its going to work to your disadvantage.
Old 02-11-09, 08:00 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

why would getting ticket clinic be a disadvantage you r the first to make this statement , in fact over on sf forums they state its better to get the lawyer for they know the statues to quote , i think for 69 fee its worth the peace of mine to ensure its done correctly
Old 02-11-09, 08:13 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

ed just go ahead and go to a lawyer or whomever and closed this thread

Quick Reply: opinion on speeding ticket