Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Best Shops For Motor Swaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-09, 06:13 PM
HighSoarer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Shops For Motor Swaps

I've never posted in this section of CL, but I was wondering where would be the best place in FL to do a motor swap. I'm in the process of researching costs etc. for a possible motor swap in my 92 SC400. I'm considering a 1JZ simply for the cheaper buildup availability, but I don't have any opposition to a 2JZ if there's a good quality shop that can provide the motor and do the swap for the right price.
Old 02-19-09, 10:12 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Drag International ask for Larry or RAW autoworks ask for richard
Old 02-20-09, 04:06 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Prolink Japan ( Hallandale Beach ) has the motors ( 1JZ or 2JZ's ) and can do the swap, too. Brian will stand behind what he sells and his swap job, too.
Old 02-20-09, 05:36 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grip Industries....(melbourne,florida)they have done plenty of swaps from 1jz,2jz,anytype of swap wanted they got ur back...plus they done almost all the work to the blulex gs300 that used to be here in florida now in new jersey...i kno u guys kno the car im talkin about...hes also a cl...forum moderater...
Old 02-20-09, 09:16 AM
HighSoarer
Driver

Wow that blue lex is HOT!!!! Does anyone know a general price off hand (including 1JZ most likely) for each shop that I should expect to pay? Ideally I think I'll end up looking into Grip Industries. I'm looking at their website now and they're saying $2800, but I'm trying to get more information on the specifics. I'm located in VA now, but I go home to Melbourne for the summers so if I can get the swap for $2800 (or a little more since I'm assuming that doesn't include swap cost), I may be able to start saving for it now. If the price is right, I'd like to try and save up about $500 a month for the next few months and get it done the next time I go home to visit my fam. Might mean no more mods for my Jag for a bit though. =/
Old 02-20-09, 09:33 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

jus let me kno man ima close friend of the owners...i talk to them everyday...and i live in the area so i see them all the time too...
Old 02-20-09, 04:51 PM
HighSoarer
Driver

Okay that sounds great! I'm not 100% sure IF/WHEN I'm doing it just yet, but since I don't have any more plans of mods for my DD (03 Jaguar S Type) after my HID's and my headlight upgrades get completed, I figured I may as well money pit the SC. Plus it looks lonely now in the garage, and it's a shame I put brand new leather in it before she got parked in the garage. I'd like to come home either this summer or next summer and do a 1JZ swap on her and show her that I still care. If I can get the funds together, maybe fresh paint and new wheels and I'll call it a rebuild present to myself for graduation.
Old 02-20-09, 08:24 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

hahahaha yea i feel you...yea sc's get highly upset when u dont prove ur love to them...and the only way to prove ur love 4 them is to take it for a ride here n there, wash it, and buy parts for her if not then she'll start throwin check engine light codes n wutnot.lol...i kno trust me i speak off experience....lol jus lmk bro
Old 02-22-09, 07:46 AM
HighSoarer
Driver

LOL Yeah I'm going through the same thing with both rides right now. I am in school for the semester so the Jag has been parked as well. Lucky for me, the Ground wire melted on the inside of the amp because some jack *** shop changed out my power cable but never switched my ground to a 4 gauge. Apparently they didn't think I'd need it since it was just a ground but it overheated on the last trip from VA to FL so now I'm replacing the amp cuz of their screw up. Now I'm kinda leery about people working on my car so I'm asking around before ANYTHING gets done to my cars.

New setup will be hopefully a JL 1000/1 if I can talk the guy into the price I want, with a 12W7. As far as the SC, I'm still putting together the spreadsheet of the extra parts I want to go into the swap. Ideally, I'd like to just be able to save up enough cash to pull up to a shop, give them lets say 10K, and come pick it up whenever its ready. But who knows whether or not I'll be able to work that one out.
Old 02-22-09, 08:00 PM
1Lex4u2nv
Rookie

Big Daddy Performance Center - Specialize in Lexus/Toyota
5081 South State Rd. 7
Unit 814 - Building 8
Davie, FL 33314
Phone: 954-584-5904
Ask for Vijay or Jason