Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

proposal for next road trip/weekend getaway

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-09, 10:49 AM
96sc300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will not be able to make that weekend My parents are having thier 25 year Anniversary/renew of the vows. Lets move it to the next or prior weekend if not you guys have an awsome time and get some good footage.
Old 03-18-09, 06:58 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

man i missed the last big meet bc of work but hell no im not going to miss this one LOL as soon you guys figure out a offical date post it up so i can put in my request
Old 03-19-09, 05:56 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
glad to hear it , see if you can get some more guys from your area to come

this friday i am off from work and i plan on contacting the hotel to make some arrangements , so may 16 and 17 sounds like what everyone is agreeing on.

guys from up north , i hope you will participate , afterall dont forget the reason we build these cars , TO DRIVE THEM NOT TO PARK THEM IN GARAGE AND LOOK AT THEM.

i got a phone call from my friend kevin who heads up and is the forum admin for the bmw forums and has a large following , that his guys are interested in doing something with our crew again , i say again for he and i back in 2005 did a cross club meet and was a huge success. well i told him about the islamorda trip and he said cool and that he would present it to his crew

now imagine a caravan of boosted lexus and hooked of lexus's and a caravan of m3's and boosted bimmers making there way down to islamorada key , this adds loads of flavor to the trip and to the weekend being able to appreciate new and different stuff

Ed, I'm there.... let's get a date confirmed. The drive down will be fun (just gotta give the wife some sleeping pills). May is far enough away for people to make set plans. Let's do this
Old 03-20-09, 04:16 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

okay guys is may 16 and may 17 good for everyone

i made contact with holiday isles resorts today and they are happy to host out meet and greet and basically hangout .

they host the biggest corvette show once a year and also the mustang club as well so they know how to take care of us.

they are going to give us completely roped off secure parking for just our cars to be put on display at the front of the resort ( rem guys there hundreds of people at this resort sat and sun so not only will this for us but we will be showing to the public as well )

they have on site 24hr security which will be dedicated to protecting our cars overnight.

they are allowing us to checkin early sat then normal and checkout later then usaul on sunday so sunday will be the time we really put the cars on display

now right now its possible the bmw club will be joining us for this event which will make it very very interesting

right now reg room rates are well over 200 per night so far i got them down to 139 ( now rem we paid 129 for that hotel off i75 in venice ) this resort is not just a hotel , its a full fledged resort ON THE BEACH <<<< DID I SAY ON THE BEACH

i just emailed my contact asking for a slightly better rate and i also asked for 1 or 2 comp drinks upon checkin in return we must commit to book by april 16

come on guys this will be loads of fun lets make it happen

WHOS IN
Old 03-21-09, 04:59 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Sounds good, I'm ready to-go
Old 03-21-09, 08:29 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

okay folks heres the link to the resort

check out all the pics and what the rooms look like

http://www.holidayisle.com/

and heres a pic of one the tiki bars and beachside eating facility they are offering us

Last edited by lexforlife; 03-21-09 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-21-09, 10:23 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

another update

resort has agreed to lower price to 129 per night , i am still trying for 120 or so plus free drink upon checkin

i am surprised that more people have not chimed in

i thought most of us build our cars to enjoy road trips and the like

if you guys dont wanna do this let me know so i can have resort remove temp block on about 40-50 rooms
Old 03-21-09, 02:42 PM
IS-J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im down to go!! I will let my buddy know who is on the bimmer side and if you guys want to let them know aswell. I did a charity run with my friend in his m3 with a bunch of other cars down to holiday isle and it was awesome! So i say we do it, plus the chicks are phenomenal during the day and night when they are ripped, lol
Old 03-21-09, 03:14 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Count me in.
Old 03-21-09, 03:28 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

wow thats a really good rate now with the offical date set im going to put in my request
Old 03-21-09, 04:32 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let me know if you guys want me to have my friend post on mbworld.org
Old 03-21-09, 05:03 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS-J
Im down to go!! I will let my buddy know who is on the bimmer side and if you guys want to let them know aswell. I did a charity run with my friend in his m3 with a bunch of other cars down to holiday isle and it was awesome! So i say we do it, plus the chicks are phenomenal during the day and night when they are ripped, lol

thanks and this what i am trying to tell the masses ,, this is a chick hot spot

its not a hotel , its a full fledged resort

yes tell the the bimmer guys .. i am going to talk to kevin from the bimmer clubs and get him to arrange up his guys
Old 03-21-09, 06:47 PM
Darkness01
Lead Lap

wow for 129 a night sure i can do that lol. and the date seems good to me count me in
Old 03-21-09, 08:08 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Shall we start a list??? I am most deff... there
Old 03-22-09, 07:23 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Im in for the trip.

Quick Reply: proposal for next road trip/weekend getaway