Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

FL2k9: Florida Lexus-Supra Mega Meet Flyer

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-09, 08:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkness01
Im with Ed Lets go back to the keys and flood them with with out cars. and while we are are it some one hand me a P.I.T.A. Lmao it a very relaxed and caml out there. and to that add a SECURED PARKING LOT FOR ALL OS US And THEN ALSO A BBQ @ THE STATE PARK. i dunno what everyone else is thinking but for the amount of fun involved and he bonding and what not whats the price you can put on that and remember you will be attending the FLK9 MEGA MEET ........Im ALL IN just tell me when and where.

and for those that still need convincing look at the last meet's pic's lol
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/flo...vised-lol.html

you know its funny , the corvette club of florida holds their annual meet there in late october /november for the last 7-8 years , the florida mustang club also holds their biigest meet there as well .. holiday isles is very much into the car club theme , whats the problemo.. monies tight yeah i know i am on that boat as well but we spend 10 times that amount on stupid stuff for our cars , why not spend a couple of bucks to insure a memorable exp
Old 05-25-09, 09:32 AM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
jordan , the track thing one sat or friday night would be great i just dont think its the proper enviroment for mega meet

hard rock as a alternative might work but do they charge to secure the parking lot , do we have to provide insurance or pay for security etc etc etc
insurance..... i my own insurance company. so insurance is not a prob! i'll give a great rate. i know what Hard rock wants inplace for a policy.. Im in where ever. just looking out for those where expense in going to be an issue. Re corvette and Mustang clubs. those guys are retired millioniers or close to it ,where they have a budget from their wives of $30k per year on their cars. we are all young and definately not retired and dont have $30k budgets. we buy and spend what we can when we can and still have to live, ie. bills, mortgage, kids, food etc. as i said Im in where ever just dont want the meet to be 20 ppl. let go after what everyone can afford and within everyone budget and for the max possible #'s we can get to come out to have fun and a memorable FL2K9... we can always drive up to PBIR on the sat night of fri night for some fun with Test & Tune...

Last edited by Yaad_style; 05-25-09 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-25-09, 09:50 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

the retired millionaire part is way off base , i have been down there through 2 corvette club meets and for the most part they are regular people like you and me

listen i am down for whatever but the typical parking lot thing does not intrest me anymore so if its that i will pass by and say hello and dip , i for one want something different and more fulfilling

and it would be 5 times the 20 if we start pumping it up and pumping it down

again guys this is josh's gig and his decsion what he wants to do , i am helping my little brotha out

i have no vested intrest other then the above stated

Last edited by lexforlife; 05-25-09 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-25-09, 10:01 AM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

average corvette costs $50k b4 mods..... sc after mods $15k - 20K .. Supras welll hmmm???? those numbers speak for themselves so lets not compare what vett clubs do....if we are doing FL2K9 lets do it where we can get #'s out
Old 05-25-09, 10:09 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

why r some of you so dead set against alittle drive south , you really belive the masses would not come , wow , i am truly shocked

i thought you guys would be all in for this with josh.. we are talking less then 200 for the the event

hell we spent more then that to venice at least here peeps can do whatever..

my final vote /word is holiday isles

josh is the decision maker so he will chime in later for he just called me

to josh

those that are really into the mega meet will come , the fencesitters will come , the negative people can stay home

i see it being a meet of 100 at least
Old 05-25-09, 11:02 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

the guys at holiday isle are real ******..

I left yest and btw they hit my brothers fender with the stupid little gate KNOWING he has a parking pass and pushed in the crease even more... good thing the car is going into the shop tomorrow to get the fender fixed due to a little crease there was.... they have a nasty attitude there
Old 05-25-09, 01:22 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robs IS250

I left yest and btw they hit my brothers fender with the stupid little gate KNOWING he has a parking pass and pushed in the crease even more... good thing the car is going into the shop tomorrow to get the fender fixed due to a little crease there was.... they have a nasty attitude there
boy sorry to hear that rob

when we were there they treated us like royalty parking spots roped off and security watchung the cars all day and all night
Old 05-25-09, 03:38 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Robs IS250

LOL thats no way to treat a HiProfile car epic fail!
Old 05-25-09, 05:08 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yaad_style
I wonder if Wicked SC will get on the track? against hmmmm perhaps a Red Corolla or even Lef4life....WTF lets make this **** happen RASS man!

You don't have to worry about Wicked SC getting on the track! Hey, this is why we build our cars, correct? Whether it be a red corolla or maybe your black SC with it's new big dyno numbers that's how it'll go down! SOMEONE HAS TO WIN AND SOMEONE HAS TO LOSE, we'll just have to see.

There's also a ton of other SC's, Supras, and IS's that would also run there cars too..

P.S. The great lexforlife doesn't launch or race his car on the track. That's not the intent of his build...
Old 05-25-09, 05:18 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

^^ count an LS430 to run also
Old 05-25-09, 05:41 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
You don't have to worry about Wicked SC getting on the track! Hey, this is why we build our cars, correct? Whether it be a red corolla or maybe your black SC with it's new big dyno numbers that's how it'll go down! SOMEONE HAS TO WIN AND SOMEONE HAS TO LOSE, we'll just have to see.

There's also a ton of other SC's, Supras, and IS's that would also run there cars too..

P.S. The great lexforlife doesn't launch or race his car on the track. That's not the intent of his build...
mr wicked one , i would love to run it on the track but my clutch and r154 say no dice.. i tried launching in first once and fused the pressure plate to flywheel and fused pilot bearing onto output shaft and the soarer 154 are notorious for shattering the first gear thrust washer and you want me to drop my tranny to launch , no sir no can do , i will catch you late one night on hwyt and you will wonder what happened

thats what i built my car to do wot
Old 05-25-09, 05:43 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Smile

Originally Posted by Wicked SC

LOL... my numbers are small compared to urs !!!! and lex4life...
Old 05-25-09, 05:47 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Smile

mr wicked one , i would love to run it on the track but my clutch and r154 say no dice.. i tried launching in first once and fused the pressure plate to flywheel and fused pilot bearing onto output shaft and the soarer 154 are notorious for shattering the first gear thrust washer and you want me to drop my tranny to launch , no sir no can do , i will catch you late one night on hwyt and you will wonder what happened

WOW all i can say is WOW!!!!LMAO
Old 05-25-09, 05:53 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey guys this is all great reading ..But can we please come to a decision before it be comes a 2k10 mini meet..

My vote is for a BBQ some sun and fun runs.
Old 05-25-09, 06:57 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

I can't wait for that day to come, hopefully it will be sometime in the near future! Maybe in 2009?

Also, you don't have to launch your car on the track. You can come out the hole easy because with all your power in your signature, 700rwtq you'll be able to catch up in no time!

Also, I think the only thing that I'll be wondering is why did your headlights disappear in my rear view mirror after I go WOT!

Quick Reply: FL2k9: Florida Lexus-Supra Mega Meet Flyer