official caravan /meeting spot for islamorda meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-09, 04:31 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default official caravan /meeting spot for islamorda meet

okay folks lets start the official caravan /meeting spot thread

for the guys coming from tampa/orlando surrounding area , we would gladly wait for you guys so we all ride down together..

our goal is to arrive around 11ish to the resort so we need to be enroute by 10am 10:30 the latest..

we can meet you guys on i75 heres my number 954 699 4336 , call or text me when you guys are enroute and expected to arrive in the ft lauderdale area

for the guys coming from west palm area , we could meet up at the starbucks on pines and i75 since its 1 minute off i75 and we could have alittle breakfast together while waiting for the guys up north

or do you guys wanna meet somewhere like a denys and have full breakfast

for the guys miami side where do you guys wanna meet so by the time we hit the turnpike , we all are rolling together .. do you guys wanna find a denys/ihop central to i75 and all of us from lauderdale/west palm can meet while we wait for guys up north

let me know by this weekend so we can finalize
Old 04-30-09, 08:02 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright Mr.Ed lets get this party started...After seeing your long awaited post.I went on to Google maps and followed the Fl.Turnpike south .And I think I found a good spot for all of us to meet up and ride into Florida City and to final destination.So here is my suggestion..Broward / West Plam members lets try to meet up @ Ed pick Starbucks off of Pines and I75 by 9:00 am and lets see if we could roll out by 9:15-9:30am we then will meet up with Dade members off of the Fl. Turnpike at the serv. station right after 104th.If things go accordingly we northern members should be there by 10:00am and proceed to leave the the rest stop / serv. station by no later then 10:15-10:30am and reach final destination 11ish..

Now I know there some of you who live on the edges of Dade and Broward..If Pines is not to far then come ride with us or just simply meet us down south.

The caravan is one of the funnest part of our meets. So here is an opportunity for us as a car club to get together and ride.Even if you really can't stay for the weekend it's and Hour drive from the MIA and an hour and half from FT.Lauderdale.. Come for ride hang out for the afternoon have some lunch by the sea check out nice cars ..It will be lots of fun..

that's my two cents..Ed, south Florida member what do you guys think..
Old 04-30-09, 08:55 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by //LRD
Alright Mr.Ed lets get this party started...After seeing your long awaited post.I went on to Google maps and followed the Fl.Turnpike south .And I think I found a good spot for all of us to meet up and ride into Florida City and to final destination.So here is my suggestion..Broward / West Plam members lets try to meet up @ Ed pick Starbucks off of Pines and I75 by 9:00 am and lets see if we could roll out by 9:15-9:30am we then will meet up with Dade members off of the Fl. Turnpike at the serv. station right after 104th.If things go accordingly we northern members should be there by 10:00am and proceed to leave the the rest stop / serv. station by no later then 10:15-10:30am and reach final destination 11ish..

Now I know there some of you who live on the edges of Dade and Broward..If Pines is not to far then come ride with us or just simply meet us down south.

The caravan is one of the funnest part of our meets. So here is an opportunity for us as a car club to get together and ride.Even if you really can't stay for the weekend it's and Hour drive from the MIA and an hour and half from FT.Lauderdale.. Come for ride hang out for the afternoon have some lunch by the sea check out nice cars ..It will be lots of fun..

that's my two cents..Ed, south Florida member what do you guys think..

Well Mr. //LRD, your two cents sounds good! The caravan sounds like it's going to be fun indeed. I'm not going to be able to make this one to stay overnight but I'll see about trying to join the caravan down there!
Old 04-30-09, 09:07 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Well Mr. //LRD, your two cents sounds good! The caravan sounds like it's going to be fun indeed. I'm not going to be able to make this one to stay overnight but I'll see about trying to join the caravan down there!

Indeed Mr.Williams the caravan will be a fun ride along..But it just wouldn't be wicked without Wicked SC in attendance..

hope you could at least make the caravan down and hang for a while..
Old 04-30-09, 09:21 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Indeed Mr.Williams the caravan will be a fun ride along..But it just wouldn't be wicked without Wicked SC in attendance..

hope you could at least make the caravan down and hang for a while..
agreed , jerome , please at least make it for the ride down , as a inticement , my new fuel system is in and boost is turned up to 25psi maybe i could offer some wicked soup for lunch lol
Old 04-30-09, 09:32 AM
HYPERBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sooo many MR.'s
Old 04-30-09, 09:42 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY
sooo many MR.'s
I agree Mr.Steven.lol
Old 04-30-09, 09:43 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Big dawgs barking .
Old 04-30-09, 09:46 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
agreed , jerome , please at least make it for the ride down , as a inticement , my new fuel system is in and boost is turned up to 25psi maybe i could offer some wicked soup for lunch lol
Hope you on race gas lot of boost on pump.
Old 04-30-09, 09:46 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey, you guys got another meet going. Great. Sounds like fun. Enjoy and take lots of pics.
Old 04-30-09, 10:32 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Lrd///

Thats a killer idea for all to join in on the 18 minute drive to the tiki bar sorry I forgot the turnpike speed is only 65, Rum runners to the rescue oh and to all you islanders Jimmy Buffet is the music of the day and us americans know how to lime as well!!!
Old 04-30-09, 04:28 PM
Kevlar@BFC
Driver School Candidate

Meeting at Sheridan & I75 Starbucks is perfect for me...

Driving own to the Turnpike rest area at 104 works cause there is plenty of truck parking where we can park and wait for others.

Once we get off the turnpike, there isn't much waiting area unless we want to take over one of the gas stations just off the turnpike to fill up on gas before we get into the Keys. Once we get into the Keys, the price of gas goes up substantially. I'd rather try and fill up before I get into the keys so I don't have to get gas once down there... my car is thirsty ... swear it's got a fuel leak or something
Old 04-30-09, 04:38 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Lrd///

Thats a killer idea for all to join in on the 18 minute drive to the tiki bar sorry I forgot the turnpike speed is only 65, Rum runners to the rescue oh and to all you islanders Jimmy Buffet is the music of the day and us americans know how to lime as well!!!
lime with rum runners wonder how that is going to taste ???..J/k

Originally Posted by Kevlar@BFC
Meeting at Sheridan & I75 Starbucks is perfect for me...
It's Pines blvd Kev
Old 04-30-09, 04:39 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

ok guys I am not going to be able to make this one. i'll try to drive down sunday.
Old 04-30-09, 05:39 PM
Kevlar@BFC
Driver School Candidate

lime with rum runners wonder how that is going to taste ???..J/k

It's Pines blvd Kev
There's a Starbucks on Pines & I75? Uh... I didn't know that. Figures though, there is one on almost every corner these days.