Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Opportunity to make a sick video and some fun in the sun

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-09, 12:07 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yah...I'll definitely have a cooler with me fo sho. I wonder how the weather is going to hold up. Any plan B? If its anything like it has been, I'll bring something that floats instead.
Old 06-30-09, 01:47 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SO whos rolling up from Miami ???? i live in miami lakes wanna see if we can caravan
Old 06-30-09, 03:36 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

you if im not mistaken it's import weekend that sunday so im prett sure the food/ drink spot will be open just incase u for get to bring ur own...
Old 06-30-09, 05:30 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So before I forget I want to say Thank you to all of you whom are committed to going to this meet.I know we're going to have a great time .I especially am looking forward to hearing the roars of 50 - 70 cars as we all pull in to PBIR .Gentlemen give yourselves a hand for this turn out is going to be mind blowing to on lookers....Thanks everyone , now lets make sure we all show up on time.

Separate note Jordon had brought up the weather and according to the Weather channel the weekend of the 4th looks very good .Forecast is for 30-40 % chance if lite rains .Hey compared to the 80-90% we been getting in the last week or so.,I'll take that any day.As my buddy Teelex says maybe the car gods will shine on us..lol. Any how cross your fingers.Rain or shine I going period...
Old 06-30-09, 05:58 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

I'll be going rain or shine as well. Cooler and all....

My buddy owns a little greasy spoon pizza place up there called NYPD3 Pizza...typical pizza, wings, calzone kinda place. Its not large, but there is ample parking and I'm sure he'd give us a sweet deal if a bunch of us showed up (gotta give him a little notice) for some grub after the show.

So this thread started out about sick video...who has a vid cam?
Old 06-30-09, 08:19 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm bringing one even though my camcorde got banged up last week i still got a nice sony to shoot some vids
Old 07-01-09, 07:15 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn guys i wish i could be apart of this caravan...damn central florida...all we have out here is a bunch of lazy a$$ guys who dont wanna represent!!!LOL but who knos maybe ill come on saturday then ride out with yall on sunday morn...
Old 07-01-09, 07:35 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shaodome
I'll be going rain or shine as well. Cooler and all....

My buddy owns a little greasy spoon pizza place up there called NYPD3 Pizza...typical pizza, wings, calzone kinda place. Its not large, but there is ample parking and I'm sure he'd give us a sweet deal if a bunch of us showed up (gotta give him a little notice) for some grub after the show.

So this thread started out about sick video...who has a vid cam?

I'll hopefully remember to borrow/bring the 1080p sony HD camera I normally bring to these events. There should also be lots of spectators with cameras as well. Whomever is sponsoring the event will also likely have a photographer/etc (at least that's how it is as other PBIR events)
Old 07-01-09, 01:53 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Hey guys im in miramar.any body in this area that wants to meet up before driving to the pompano Service Plaza?
Old 07-01-09, 02:43 PM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 98$c300
Hey guys im in miramar.any body in this area that wants to meet up before driving to the pompano Service Plaza?
im down....
Old 07-01-09, 02:59 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bkjasonp
im down....
let me know where.maybe we get a few people to roll out there with.
Old 07-01-09, 04:19 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Here is an updated ,one of our CL members has graciously offered to have a box truck there at our meet.Now all I tell you guys is this is an event truck with a complete sound system and multiple flat screens with games and things.Seth if you want to elaborate please feel free to do so.

I also took the liberty to copy this link from WPB local news .The weather looks promising .Guys like I said earlier come rain or shine I'm going .But from what I saw on this link.The car gods will shine on us ..Just click the video on the right corner..

http://www.wptv.com/content/weather/maps/7Day.aspx

JUST 4 DAYS LEFT CL-ER'S LOL

Last edited by //LRD; 07-01-09 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-01-09, 07:23 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 98$c300
let me know where.maybe we get a few people to roll out there with.
im down aswell...im in pembroke pines
Old 07-01-09, 08:59 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

John, Rain Or Shine Im down too! That's for u too jerome! Even if the rain man dance don't work. lol Guy's we can always wipe them down when we get there, so don't forget ur shamy's, quick detail, & ur tire shine..
Old 07-01-09, 09:15 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Default on going updates

Spoke to the promoter of the NSCRA and what we work out today. Is an even larger meet area then originally plan , because of the amount of cars expected.There a larger grass area right beside the last grand stands.They relocated the kids corner which were bounce houses and planned play area to accommodate the the amount of cars we're expecting.Here is the best shot of it on the web

Opportunity to make a sick video and some fun in the sun-pbir-3.jpg
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I not know how to photo shop but i think you guys get the idea .Originally that had us set up running down the back side of the grand stands. If you notices that the small stripe of grass as seen in the picture .So what would of happened is we would of had cars stretch out from one end to the another.With all the race trailers and and race car coming in and out of the parking lot assonant that small stripe of grass.Well basically guys that was a major concern for the people of PBIR.We have that whole grass area to set pop tents and to display our cars with out having to worry about empty beer bottles and soda cans falling from the grand stands..So I'm stoked that they gave us that part of the track. We should be able to take over the last stand to watch some racing. And the best part is our cars will be just a few feet away .

Quick Reply: Opportunity to make a sick video and some fun in the sun