Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Asanti Wheels Stolen GS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-09, 03:28 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont let this make you quit man! dont let hooligans stop your love for modifying cars!
Old 06-11-09, 05:17 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

stock wheels/hardware/tires cost like $4k so even if insurance dont pay for aftermarket wheels, they will at least pay for stock wheels.
Old 06-17-09, 10:57 PM
BilluAwan
Driver

wow sorry to see that i dont know if its the same car but i had a young guy maybe in early 30's late 20's with same exact car same wheels came up to my store one day to buy some furniture with his friends ...rooms to go in pines...i sold him furniture...i am almost 99% its the same car.....ask ur brother if he ever came to rooms to go like few months back ... if its the same car man that car was so dam beautiful! sorry to hear that man ...economy is tight and people are looking for free **** all over the place!
Old 06-26-09, 09:16 PM
m-attack
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear that dude. the **** just happened to me 2 days ago. i don't drive a lexus. but i thought i share the info with you guys. they stole from my bmw 6.50i 22" asanti rims and did cut the door like yours. the cop said, he never saw something like that. I actually woke up as they were still working the car. 2 african americans, about 6' tall and left in a silver Family van, tinted windows newer model, not older than 3 years. i was helpless. so i went and purchased a gun today. that ain't happen to me one more time. i also live in gated/guarded community. they cut the fence and got in. i was so close to get the licence plate of those $%^ bastards as i ran after them.
Old 06-27-09, 12:25 AM
Grohu
Driver School Candidate

I'm from eastern european country and I've seen this **** happen over there for long time.
There's no way to stop them but you can make sure they will never sell the stuff they steal. We used to take nails and rub some symbols on the back of the rim or on the inner side + take a photo with current newspaper in background (if you need a proof for popo's). Once they see this you can be 100% sure they will never list that for sale and will be stuck with them.
I seen quite a few times when my friends would go to meets after some time and simply go check back of identical looking rims on other peoples cars. If they found them... pure poetry

Sorry for your loss.
Old 06-27-09, 08:18 PM
brazil954
Rookie

OMG DUDE.
I live in sunset falls
Are you sure he doesnt live in here?
Because I PERSONALLY know of four cars being put up on bricks.

My friend's dad's 09' Maxima.
A football player whom I am friends with had the wheels from his 750 stolen (aftermarket).
and his charger srt-8 (OEM). *one after the other*
And I heard of a Lexus's rims being stolen.
Holy ***** maybe thats your brother.

Well anyway because of all that has been happening in our neighbor hood we made space in our garage for my moms car and im trying to make some space for my car once I get rims.

Im really sorry for your brothers loss.

Well if he really does live in Sunset lakes you know that Sunset falls is literally 200 yards away.
And if you ever need to talk about anything just pm me.
Ive been thinking of organizing a meeting for residents in Sunset Falls about safety/precautions we can take.

best of luck,
Lucas
Old 06-28-09, 07:34 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by m-attack
Sorry to hear that dude. the **** just happened to me 2 days ago. i don't drive a lexus. but i thought i share the info with you guys. they stole from my bmw 6.50i 22" asanti rims and did cut the door like yours. the cop said, he never saw something like that. I actually woke up as they were still working the car. 2 african americans, about 6' tall and left in a silver Family van, tinted windows newer model, not older than 3 years. i was helpless. so i went and purchased a gun today. that ain't happen to me one more time. i also live in gated/guarded community. they cut the fence and got in. i was so close to get the licence plate of those $%^ bastards as i ran after them.
has to be the same guys especially if they use the same tactics to break into the car, etc.
Old 06-28-09, 08:00 PM
LexFather

Sorry about this, just saw this from another thread. These guys know what they are doing and know Lexus. Brazil954 also knew of the hit, I think yall should talk or get with the police as this is a "ring" and not an isolated incident.

There has to be a local chop shop around. Also check pawn shops and used wheel/tire shops. Don't tell them you lost wheels, just look around and see if they are there.

Also check craigslist, you would be surprised how dumb some thieves are AFTER teh crime!
Old 06-28-09, 09:36 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, i wonder if u can go to lexus and disable that key hole feature of rolling windows down.
Old 06-29-09, 11:46 AM
LMN_Sins
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if theives want your stuff then they will find a way, if there is a will theres a way...
Old 06-29-09, 11:05 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sinister2c

these thieves in s. fl have been stealing wheels and cars for years. they just do it in front of houses now. back in the honda days they just took the whole car...it was easier.
Wonder if i need to get my lo-jack activated?
Old 06-30-09, 05:34 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vuiskool
Hey, i wonder if u can go to lexus and disable that key hole feature of rolling windows down.

Just take the wheel lock key with you, I know it's a pain in the *** but this is what I would do with my Integra back when it was my daily driver.
Old 07-07-09, 06:36 AM
scturbo28
Rookie

Default rims

Wow sorry to hear that man , me myself have a sc300 with very expensive wheels vossen staggered , i always keep my car outside i have video surveliance on 24 hrs and so do the rest of the houses were i live , thats maybe an idea for all you guys with expensive cars and or wheels because we work hard for what we have . Also it would not be a good idea to cap someone if you catch them in the act of stealing your wheels because then it will be you that goes to jail along with the thief, basically the law works with the thieves at times, your life directly is not in danger when some of these thieves are taking your wheels off your car , so popping a cap in there a** would not solve the problem but rather get you in alot of trouble, what you might consider is beating the ****** out of them if you get to catch them in the act and then call the cops. I know how some people feel when they get there nice hard working wheels taken off there car by low lifes, trust me i have been there alot of times when i was in the honda scene, but there is other ways of correcting this problem example - video surveliance , motion sensor with laser beam , these are not expensive stuffs trust me , but i will be on the look out for the wheels , once again sorry to hear that .
Old 07-15-09, 10:35 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Back in one piece

Old 07-15-09, 11:06 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those are nice much better

Quick Reply: Asanti Wheels Stolen GS350