Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

towers tonight

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-09, 09:47 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reppin305.
im a noob and from the kendall area whats the actuall address for the towers?
Coming from Kendall, you can take Turnpike all the way to 595 then West to University or TP to I-75 then to 595. Get off on University south bound and you'll see tower shoppes on your left.
Old 07-21-09, 10:01 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

bad news to report guys , my car is down for the count temp..

i just finished this morning installing the new prescision bad boy dbb turbo cleaned up everything and went to take it for a drive..

after a few minutes driving around making sure no noises from turbo , no smoke i decided to hit it, the first time it spiked to 25lbs almost immed , i was like wtf, so i turned down boost controller and went again and thats all she wrote , engine is fine seems like either i shattered my clutch or gearbox is toast.. with car in neutral and idling i get the rattling noise like a bunch of bolts are being thorn around by the flywheel , sink the clutch and noise is gone so i know its not motor

seems like this new bad boy i had specd makes so much more trq then previous old turbo when it spiked it must have shattered 1st gear thrust washer.. i am going to drop box tomm evening and see whats up ,if its just clutch then im good if its the box i have found 2 right hear in florida but i need to decide , send mine out and have it rebuilt so i can have the marlin crawler billet thurst washer installed and all new sycros installed or just say f it and drop in a 6sp monies not running like it used to so i right now but just gotta take it on the chin and do something
Old 07-21-09, 10:19 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn Ed what a bad one i think in whatever you decide would be a good deal I mean if you rebuild ur R154 with MC parts its gonne be bullit proof but its not a 6 speed Getrag even though everyone that is selling a 6-speed wants your arms and legs before they sell it GL hope to see you out at Towers with or without ur machine
Old 07-21-09, 10:41 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds like the gear box. If it was the clutch you would have some pretty nasty vibration and the noise wouldn't stop by pressing the clutch. Noise probably stops because the transmission isn't spinning with the clutch engaged.
Old 07-21-09, 11:00 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Mann that sucks, keep us updated, so I guess we will be seeing the truck at Towers on Fri
Old 07-21-09, 11:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by One_jZ_SC3
Mann that sucks, keep us updated, so I guess we will be seeing the truck at Towers on Fri
dont count me out yet i have already sourced a replacement r154 , i will be dropping my box tomm and ifs not clutch which i doubt i will pick up replacement tranny thurs am and put in by thurs pm so we will see but i will def buy me another supra box and send out to marlin crawler and have them race build it i would do it now but i spoke them 2 hrs ago and the best turnaround they can do is 3-4 weeks , i cant be without boost that long
Old 07-21-09, 12:12 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, dude.... What's funny is that for some reason we and many of us have the same kind of thinking. All I did was blow my front seal on the Gt40. And since the car was going to be down I might aswell do this and that and get this and buy that and and and and an.......... $$$$$ ....

It's a never ending story... I am broke and when I mean broke, I mean broke.
The cheapest route is never really the worse route. So I would just pop in another tranny and call it a day. You'll be up in no time.... Plus we need your car front and center for the pic...
Old 07-21-09, 12:21 PM
03SPDESIGN
Lexus Test Driver

Put me down. I'll be there............
Old 07-21-09, 12:29 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by drewgo
Wow, dude.... What's funny is that for some reason we and many of us have the same kind of thinking. All I did was blow my front seal on the Gt40. And since the car was going to be down I might aswell do this and that and get this and buy that and and and and an.......... $$$$$ ....

It's a never ending story... I am broke and when I mean broke, I mean broke.
The cheapest route is never really the worse route. So I would just pop in another tranny and call it a day. You'll be up in no time.... Plus we need your car front and center for the pic...
i hear ya dre trust me bro i hear ya , my pockets are a screaming right about now and the wife chewing off the other ear dosent help either

but i will be dammed if my car is down for anything longer then a week but if everything looks good when i drop it tomm then replacement goes in ,, my thinking is my motor has almost perfect compression on all cyl , i dont burn any oil and it runs steady ...\\

that will not be forever for we know the game we have chosen , so when that times comes i am really thinking to do the teelex route and drop in a gte and 6sp one shot and call it a day for those setups with 6sp have dropped also in price to the 5k range
Old 07-21-09, 04:04 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

I feel ya ed, hopefully she's up and ruuning in no time.... see u at tower's friday
Old 07-21-09, 05:05 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

I'm down.I missed sunday.
Old 07-21-09, 06:58 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i hear ya dre trust me bro i hear ya , my pockets are a screaming right about now and the wife chewing off the other ear dosent help either

but i will be dammed if my car is down for anything longer then a week but if everything looks good when i drop it tomm then replacement goes in ,, my thinking is my motor has almost perfect compression on all cyl , i dont burn any oil and it runs steady ...\\

that will not be forever for we know the game we have chosen , so when that times comes i am really thinking to do the teelex route and drop in a gte and 6sp one shot and call it a day for those setups with 6sp have dropped also in price to the 5k range
G'luck with the tranny. You def. are calling the right person He's the man.
Old 07-21-09, 08:38 PM
GTS24V
Driver

Sorry to hear about that ed. If u need anything u know my number. I'll see the rest of u guys at towers. I'll be in the OTHER section.
Old 07-22-09, 10:33 AM
03SPDESIGN
Lexus Test Driver

What time is the get together friday?
Old 07-22-09, 04:01 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Wuz just about to ask the same ques? John (//LRD) what time u guy's palnni to be out there????

Quick Reply: towers tonight