Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If My Car Is Ready I will be there!
Old 07-22-09, 10:01 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

thanks john

trannies arrived at home at 10:00pm my clutch is way beyond toast so gotta get new pucks put on my disk and get pressure plate and flywheel resurfaced , good thing tomm is day off so i can get these things and ontop of putting in fresh gearbox , also get fresh clutch , so i guess for quite sometime my ever so often times i was running alittle lean was actually my clutch slipping

only downside is i wont be able to see what this badbot turbo will feel like for now , break in time for clutch

but if all goes well car should be driving tonight thursday... if not i will be rolling in my tundra ( hopefully soon trd supercharger goes on that truck)

so either way see you guys friday , god and weather permitting
Old 07-23-09, 03:59 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I'm in - good luck finishing up the tranny/clutch job, Ed.
Old 07-23-09, 05:18 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

I will roll thru
Old 07-23-09, 05:24 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thanks john

trannies arrived at home at 10:00pm my clutch is way beyond toast so gotta get new pucks put on my disk and get pressure plate and flywheel resurfaced , good thing tomm is day off so i can get these things and ontop of putting in fresh gearbox , also get fresh clutch , so i guess for quite sometime my ever so often times i was running alittle lean was actually my clutch slipping

only downside is i wont be able to see what this badbot turbo will feel like for now , break in time for clutch

but if all goes well car should be driving tonight thursday... if not i will be rolling in my tundra ( hopefully soon trd supercharger goes on that truck)

You stole new replacement tranny you ***** (a bearing in my r154 is bad) No matter for me as I'll be outta town regardless. Probably not a bad idea to freshen up the clutch anyways...time for some bigger numbers with no boost leaks this time around!
Old 07-23-09, 06:11 AM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

john count me in..........
Old 07-23-09, 08:14 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shaodome
You stole new replacement tranny you ***** (a bearing in my r154 is bad) No matter for me as I'll be outta town regardless. Probably not a bad idea to freshen up the clutch anyways...time for some bigger numbers with no boost leaks this time around!
sorry jordan , if i had known this i would have gone a different route man if i had known bro sorry

thats the last thing i would ever want to do is step on one of my brothas toes

as far as bigger numbers , you got that right , no boost leaks , no clutch slippage , no half dead leaking turbo ( on that note when i was removing old turbo one of the flange bolts that the turbo mounts to was so loose i could turn nut and bolt with fingers , now thats a big problem there and i noticed when i took off front cover it was missing gasket to seal cover to cartridge , another source of leakage)

you guys know what i am after , 550 ish on a safe pump tune , if i get 530 or 570 i will thats my target period .. thats all i am bringing it to , i will reserve big big power for that mk3 that will be next project when this is completely done
Old 07-23-09, 08:55 AM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

count me in
Old 07-23-09, 11:00 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

thanks john

Or you can use the 1,000 or more hrs you have for sick time lol! I will allow it
Old 07-23-09, 07:12 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

okay folks update time

tranny is in like quinn .. tranny praise god shifts like butter .. super smooth and super quiet..

i must say a special thanks to stan (da man) for coming to my rescue with the replacement tranny and also delivering it to my home bro i have much respect for you bro would be a pleasure to do business with you again

big thanks to my man bro ,,, MR WAYNE for be there as always but thats how we do right bro

big thanks to robert for coming by yesterday to lend a hand and big thanks to our upcoming start luis ( luis used to have the 04 cobra mustang now has the 1jz powered mk3 supra)

also big thanks to jerome and rudy and dre for popping in and lending outstanding moral support

so as it stands the sc 3 na-t has risen again but guys no boosting for me for 200-300 miles to break in clutch properly this time

see you guys tomm night

Last edited by lexforlife; 07-24-09 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-23-09, 09:04 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

arg...i really hate you! LOL No worries man...you actually needed the trans more than I do right now. My car was still drivable, just noisy and Stan will take care of it anyways. Did you ever find out the source of the coolant problem?
Old 07-23-09, 09:10 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

okay folks update time

tranny is in like quinn .. tranny praise god shifts like butter .. super smooth and super quiet..

big thanks to my man bro ,,, MR WAYNE for be there as always but thats how we do right bro

big thanks to robert for coming by yesterday to lend a hand and big thanks to our upcoming start luis ( luis used to have the 04 cobra mustang now has the 1jz powered mk3 supra)

also big thanks to jerome and rudy and dre for popping in and lending outstanding moral support

so as it stands the sc 3 na-t has risen again but guys no boosting for me for 200-300 miles to break in clutch properly this time

see you guys tomm night
good to here ur up and running again... C you tomorrow....
Old 07-23-09, 09:33 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

okay folks update time

see you guys tomm night

ED, i need to take the drive again and go for a ride in this beast. I can't imagine what 550hp feels like.

Did i just read a Supra Project is in the works.. Damn
Old 07-23-09, 10:19 PM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by //LRD
Alright guys if this man can spend two nights getting his car running ,just so he can have his beloved SC there .When we FLCL members present him with the trophy for best in class car club.Well then I would think we all can take a few hours out of our evening and give Ed a hand shank and a job well done ..

That's how we do it here in South Florida . ...... Represent CL we need to take Towers over rain or shine
hey john you know what's up with my car, but ill be there fo sure, there's no way to miss this, even if a have to ride in the bus or hit university in my slow a$$ 4wheeler, whatever it takes brotha
Old 07-23-09, 10:21 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

so we out there rain or shine?i gotta know so i plan out my day toworrow.so i get to towers early.

Quick Reply: towers tonight