Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Where to take my Lexus SC300 for a 1JZ-GTE Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-09, 03:41 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
There are quite a few shops ( and CL members, too ) who can do a good job with the 1J swap. Brian at ProLink Japan in Hallandale has done many 1J/2J swaps and stands behind his work. If you're interested I can PM his number.

Does fast and clean work but you already said it.. definitely stands behind his

Originally Posted by badx33
kiko engineering in plantation,fl 954-325-7328 hes awesome, tell him Balmore from club lexus sent you,
Jose is the chit !!! It's a more one stop shop.With pluming , exhaust ,running fuel and motor.

Originally Posted by DINH300
Jimmy and Neil at Bubble bee performance in Davie does excellent swap, Fabrication is the best at wiring. Everybody does there wiring at Jimmys just ask 954 321 5802
this is true Jimmy's the man and Niel knows his chit .maybe you can work out a package deal.

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Forget all of these shops!!!

I saw //LRD from LRD Performance in Plantation do the some engine work on

a 2J last week, and let me tell you he's the man!!

He could probably do the swap and wire the car in 2-3 days tops!!

J/K! LOL! I just had to post that...
Jerome your a big retard ..

Originally Posted by SFTRACING
South Florida Turbo 954 725 5865
I do know they build some fast a$$ cars..maybe worth the call .

I'm going to add S&O Tech they done some work in the pass. And I have been very happy with their prices and work..754-422-4796

but then again I've had dealings with Jose( Kiko), Jimmy, Niel, (Bubble Bee) Stan and Omar (S&O) and have no complaints ..Best thing you could do for yourself is call all these shop and price them.And may the best price shop win....
Old 06-19-09, 08:41 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ME....! call me ... 976-duck!

I deal with pretty much all of them and each have their pros and cons.
It comes down to how much money you have and what are you goals. Then you go
from there. //LRD has a strong point. Call them up and price them. But do yourself a favor
and get alot of advise and direction.
Old 06-19-09, 11:20 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by drewgo
ME....! call me ... 976-duck!

I deal with pretty much all of them and each have their pros and cons.
It comes down to how much money you have and what are you goals. Then you go
from there. //LRD has a strong point. Call them up and price them. But do yourself a favor
and get alot of advise and direction.
Please list the pros and cons
It looklike if you know them personally they will hook you up, but if they dont know you they bust your head wide open with crazy prices.

Last edited by japspec; 06-19-09 at 03:18 PM. Reason: english
Old 06-19-09, 12:32 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had alot of experiences with several shops but the best experience was Jimmy and Neil (bubble bee) I had wiring issue on my car and one day the car had stopped in the middle of the road SR7 and Stirling rd I had to get it pushed to the side and towed to my house because the car did not start. I was recommended to a Jimmy by LRD but I ignored it thinking it wasn't that big of a deal until now. My car was refusing to go over 4500 RPM and also refuse to shift when in WOT.

I called Jimmy up and he told me that he could rewire the entire car and computer but the only down fall was that he wasn't able to take me in for another 2 weeks. I dropped my car off on wednesday night and LRD picked me up. Jimmy told me I should have my car by sunday. Jimmy called me on saturday told me that I can pick it up on monday. Monday came around and I picked it up he sat me inside the car and made a few suggestions about my BOV and wastegate. I took the car out for a drive and was amazed on how the car drives and response. I dropped it in E-shift and I can shift to any gear the car felt smooth going from gear to gear.

I happily paid him 700 bucks knowing that every time I stuck the key in the ignition that the car was going to start. Jimmy is the best in the business when it came to wiring just asking around.

Jimmy is a quiet guy he doesn't talk alot but from the work that I saw when I open the ECU box it was amazing like factory. I guess you can say Jimmy is more Walk then Talk.

Pros:
Good price
Delivered on time
good communication

Cons:
had to wait 2 weeks to get the car in but compared to others thats not bad

Bubble bee performance

Jimmy and Neil

954 321 5802

Last edited by DINH300; 06-19-09 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-19-09, 01:57 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by japspec
Please list the pros and cons
It looklike if you know them personally they wire hook up up but if they dont know you they bust your head wide open with crazy prices.
I would prefer not to mention cons in a public forum. If you want give me a call and I'll give you my recommendation. I've done many cars and depending on many variable i'll refer you to them. Like I said I have a very good relationship with the ones mention above so my opinion is as good as anyone's here.
Old 06-19-09, 03:21 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DINH300
I have had alot of experiences with several shops but the best experience was Jimmy and Neil (bubble bee) I had wiring issue on my car and one day the car had stopped in the middle of the road SR7 and Stirling rd I had to get it pushed to the side and towed to my house because the car did not start. I was recommended to a Jimmy by LRD but I ignored it thinking it wasn't that big of a deal until now. My car was refusing to go over 4500 RPM and also refuse to shift when in WOT.

I called Jimmy up and he told me that he could rewire the entire car and computer but the only down fall was that he wasn't able to take me in for another 2 weeks. I dropped my car off on wednesday night and LRD picked me up. Jimmy told me I should have my car by sunday. Jimmy called me on saturday told me that I can pick it up on monday. Monday came around and I picked it up he sat me inside the car and made a few suggestions about my BOV and wastegate. I took the car out for a drive and was amazed on how the car drives and response. I dropped it in E-shift and I can shift to any gear the car felt smooth going from gear to gear.

I happily paid him 700 bucks knowing that every time I stuck the key in the ignition that the car was going to start. Jimmy is the best in the business when it came to wiring just asking around.

Jimmy is a quiet guy he doesn't talk alot but from the work that I saw when I open the ECU box it was amazing like factory. I guess you can say Jimmy is more Walk then Talk.

Pros:
Good price
Delivered on time
good communication

Cons:
had to wait 2 weeks to get the car in but compared to others thats not bad

Bubble bee performance

Jimmy and Neil

954 321 5802
Yea I have met jimmy real quiet knows his stuff.
Old 06-19-09, 03:23 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by drewgo
I would prefer not to mention cons in a public forum. If you want give me a call and I'll give you my recommendation. I've done many cars and depending on many variable i'll refer you to them. Like I said I have a very good relationship with the ones mention above so my opinion is as good as anyone's here.
Whats your number
Old 06-19-09, 08:00 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by japspec
Whats your number
oh, my bad... that would help, wouldn't it?

786-385-4634,
Dre
Old 06-25-09, 07:04 PM
S2klove04
Driver School Candidate

has anybody had any work done by jerry from boostlab? just asking....