Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Track Meet @ PBIR(Moroso) 7/31/09

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 08:40 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

more then likely u guys can count me out for i just discovered i might have a compromised /starting to fail headgasket and im in no rush to change it as yet until i decide what direction i wanna go for i am not overheating as yet but losing coolant and do see some bubbles in the rad .. i have to do a leakdown test and pressure test cooling system to see but right now it does appear to be failing so no real pressing the car at this time
Old 07-07-09, 08:47 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im down!!!
any n/a sc wanna race???
Old 07-08-09, 02:36 AM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
im down!!!
any n/a sc wanna race???
I'll Run Yah!!!
Old 07-08-09, 05:23 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

chu got it mane!!!!
Old 07-08-09, 07:06 AM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
im down!!!
any n/a sc wanna race???
I might take ya up on it ... never ran on a track before so it should be fun just to see what she does
Old 07-08-09, 07:29 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Count me in

Originally Posted by 96sc300
Punky I will take your offer on this one. I would also like to take this opportunity to call out DIHN for a run at the track. Hopfully you dont sleep through it like on Sunday
I'll accept your challenge but I'm afraid your not ready for me just yet
Old 07-08-09, 07:31 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
more then likely u guys can count me out for i just discovered i might have a compromised /starting to fail headgasket and im in no rush to change it as yet until i decide what direction i wanna go for i am not overheating as yet but losing coolant and do see some bubbles in the rad .. i have to do a leakdown test and pressure test cooling system to see but right now it does appear to be failing so no real pressing the car at this time
Why go through all that drama? Just go to any decent shop (hell I think even pep boys might be able to do it) and have them put the tester on the rad. If you see bubbles it means CO2(I think its co2 anyways) and you'll know within minutes as opposed to pressure testing and a time consuming leak down test. I used to have this tool until my neighbor in college ran over it with his Saturn If you need a hand with it, let me know.

When you changed your HG did you reuse the stock head bolts or get new ones, arp, etc?

As for July 31, I THINK I MIGHT be back in town and would love to go if I am. Where is that Scion XB. I want to run that
Old 07-08-09, 07:41 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DINH300
Count me in

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well hopefully you show up??
Old 07-08-09, 07:47 AM
scturbo28
Rookie

Default moroso races

Dam thats a good idea from (wicked sc) to have fun up at the track with all of us running our sc's against each other , he said "run what you brung" so i was curious does 2 wheels mildly modified count . I hope yes! lol just kidding ! i would be number 1 then. Its been like 5 months since i have not ridden my bike maybe even more , just lost interest in it , more focused on the sc though . when is this taking place ? i hope on the weekend ?
Old 07-08-09, 07:47 AM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well hopefully you show up??

put the children to bed early an keep the wives home lol this one has been going back an forth for a while now ... should be a good one

p.s. bringing the ones
Old 07-08-09, 08:21 AM
96sc300
Lead Lap

Count me in

LOL as of today you are right sir BUT we will see what happens by then Plus I am pretty confident that the extra 3 seconds it takes you to launch will only improve my rate of success! Just to cover your come back, rest assure lack of reaction time is not the only thing I am counting on to run ya down.

Edit: Just make sure to show up!
Old 07-08-09, 08:28 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96sc300
LOL as of today you are right sir BUT we will see what happens by then Plus I am pretty confident that the extra 3 seconds it takes you to launch will only improve my rate of success! Just to cover your come back, rest assure lack of reaction time is not the only thing I am counting on to run ya down.

Edit: Just make sure to show up!
I know I'll sleep on the line but the my car runs 13 none the less but with your 18 seconds in a quarter I can sleep at the line for an extra 2 seconds and still dust you.
Old 07-08-09, 08:45 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

I know I'll sleep on the line but the my car runs 13 none the less but with your 18 seconds in a quarter I can sleep at the line for an extra 2 seconds and still dust you.
Man, DINH is throwing some serious punches!!! He must have an extra bottle in the trunk to add to the one in the back seat??
Old 07-08-09, 08:47 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
Excuses excuses...run your car and give yourself another reason to put an aristo or a 1j in your car...
Old 07-08-09, 08:51 AM
96sc300
Lead Lap

As I stated your slow reaction time is not the only thing I count on. We will see what happens.

Quick Reply: Track Meet @ PBIR(Moroso) 7/31/09