Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

South Fl Dealership - The GOOD and the BAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-09, 01:13 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation South Fl Dealership - The GOOD and the BAD

Had a minor problem this morning with my rear brakes on the way to work to Miami...figure I would bring it in to Lexus of Pembroke Pines since I live in the area so I can pick it up on the way home when I return the loaner.

Lexus of Pembroke Pines is one of the worse dealers to get service done at. I had to deal with them trying to scam a friend of mine a few years back but figure the minor problem will be under warranty so I should be relatively safe from the usual B.S.

Gave them a call and as soon as I stated the problem the guy said it might not be covered under the warranty and told me I can't bring it in until 2PM and I will not get a loaner cause it was not going to be covered under the warranty. I never schedule any appointment for service. Not in Cali and not at JM or Lexus of West Palm here in FL. Then he assume that work been done on the car by a non-Lexus tech and that's why the problem surfaced. No matter how many times I told him no one but certified Lexus techs touch my car, he insist that the work will not be covered and would cost a diagnostic fee which I have to pay regardless he said...I was like, "WTF". Then he still had the nerve to try to bring me in after being an A-hole. I told him I'll go somewhere else and he said "sure".

I will NEVER bring my car or recommend anyone to bring his or her car to Lexus of Pembroke Pines. Bad attitude and shaddy business practice.

With that said, I end up calling Lexus of North Miami which was a much better decision. I called and they were very friend and took the time to ask for detail of the problem. They said I could bring it in anytime and they would do a quick diagnostic to see the problem. If I needed to go they would give me a loaner or I could wait 15-30 min for the diagnostic. I decided to wait and it was like I thought...a very minor issue of a loose bolt which the tech fixed immediately...I was written up and out of there in 40 min. The service advisor and the tech was very professional and down to earth. I would definitely go back to them like I would to JM and Lexus of West Palm, BUT HELL NO will I ever even think of calling Lexus of Pembroke Pines.

Just my opinion
Old 07-29-09, 01:49 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The owner of Lexus of North Miami and Lexus of Pines is the same guy and most emplyees go back n forth between the dealers. Who did you speak with Claudio ? ED? Steve ? I am also pretty sure that since N. Miami is so new that their service would be extra better
Old 07-29-09, 01:56 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
The owner of Lexus of North Miami and Lexus of Pines is the same guy and most emplyees go back n forth between the dealers. Who did you speak with Claudio ? ED? Steve ? I am also pretty sure that since N. Miami is so new that their service would be extra better
Yeah I realized that they have the same owner and don't doubt staff go back and forth but given the attitude and lack of customer service from the guy I spoke to at Pines...I just will not ever consider them ever again.

It could be another bad experience and I am not saying everyone at Pines is bad but given I had 2 bad experiences there...it's enough for me.

maybe North Miami is new and the staff is trying to build a good reputation and that's why I had such a great experience...who knows...but I had the same experience at JM and West Palm...

I don't remember who I spoke to at Pines but at this point I can care less since I will never go there...
Old 07-29-09, 08:09 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree, Lexus of Pembroke Pines was a bad experience when I visited several years ago. They dont seem to care about the customer like JM and Palm Beach does. I have also had many friends that won't bring their cars back to Lexus of Pembroke Pines because of the service department. I'll stick with Palm Beach Lexus even if its an hour drive for me.
Old 07-29-09, 08:12 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Seems fine to me, maybe they just hate you guys. lol

BUT then again, I don't like taking my car to the dealer for anything... occasional oil change but I cringe at that too.
Old 07-29-09, 08:46 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
Seems fine to me, maybe they just hate you guys. lol

BUT then again, I don't like taking my car to the dealer for anything... occasional oil change but I cringe at that too.
lol...maybe they do haha...

I'm with you on taking my car to the dealer for ANYTHING. Unless it was West Palm Lexus...

heard too many horror stories about dumba$$$$ and scams to trust a dealer where I don't know anyone on the inside...
Old 07-29-09, 09:15 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend had a awd Is250 took it to Lexus of Pines for a oil change. as usual the employees at the dealer they drive there customers car like maniacs. My friend got his car back and drove it home he notice the car was wobbling in the front and ask me to take a look at it. I went around the car and notice it had a 6 inch curb rash and it looked pretty new and I asked him about him hitting a curb he had no clue. knowing him how he drives like a grandma.

We went to the dealer ship the next day to have it looked they said that was normal wear and tear and even if it was there fault, which it was. they won't replace it cause it was normal wear and tear. So on top of talking to the manager we got no where and went home with a bent wheel I believe and frustrated.

I had a bad experience myself back in 06 when I was buying a IS350 but I learned my Lesson and will never go back there.
Old 07-29-09, 10:11 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

lex of pines are real jerks. I went there in 07 to buy the RX330 for the wife. so we are there and saw the one we wanted, This punk comes over and the first words out of his mouth were" do you know what this costs? you prob cant afford it he can show us a used 2003 rx300. at this time i want to tell him about his ... the idiot goes to my wife and says they have a highlander for much less. at this time i am getting really loud in Lex of Pines. Mind you my wife nor i mentioned anything about price. no we left pines went to countyline and bought a brand new o7 RX330 cash. spk to management about this issue. had the guy fired..love it. and gave us free service up to 70k miles.. I hate pines. they could not give me a car for free.. They Suck

Last edited by Yaad_style; 07-30-09 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-30-09, 09:40 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I know Rob works for Lexus of west Kendall but I'll have to go ahead and say this. This week I scheduled my IS to be taken in to get the fuel lines replaced under their service campaign. I called Lexus of West Kendall as it's close to my job and they told me I could not get a loaner. Even tho they told me this I still went ahead and scheduled the warranty work. When I got home I rethought about it and called Lexus of North Miami and explained to the situation, they could not believe that they would not give me a loaner and they assured me they would. Needless to say I cancelled my appointment at Kendal and even tho it's further away I took it to Lexus of North Miami.
Old 07-30-09, 11:42 AM
HKN
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by B16da9
I know Rob works for Lexus of west Kendall but I'll have to go ahead and say this. This week I scheduled my IS to be taken in to get the fuel lines replaced under their service campaign. I called Lexus of West Kendall as it's close to my job and they told me I could not get a loaner. Even tho they told me this I still went ahead and scheduled the warranty work. When I got home I rethought about it and called Lexus of North Miami and explained to the situation, they could not believe that they would not give me a loaner and they assured me they would. Needless to say I cancelled my appointment at Kendal and even tho it's further away I took it to Lexus of North Miami.
It just shows that people will travel the extra mile (in most of our cases, it is many more extra miles hahaha) for good service and a little respect. I personally driven to West Palm Lexus a few times to get work done there. And eventhough Lexus of North Miami is a bit out of my way i will still consider them for any future work.
Old 08-01-09, 02:52 PM
superi0ro1
Rookie

loose bolt?? so was it because of an uncertified tech working on your car??? ahhaha
Old 08-01-09, 09:36 PM
vuiskool
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in mid-07 when we got the IS at pines, they crashed a viper that someone just traded in inside their service area. Recently i went to get a 1k maintenance on the GS, the as$h0le service employee was talking to me in a rude manner and i didn't get it done either he didnt want to do it or whatnot.. fkerS!
Old 08-01-09, 10:44 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Maybe you guys don't got swag. lol, my service manager use to be a nice lady, but she was replaced by some dude. He is cool tho.

Vu just wait till you hit 5k, the 1k is BS (not necessary). Figure what you want adjusted on the GS as well before you bring it in.
Old 08-03-09, 09:46 AM
LMN_Sins
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lexus of pembroke pines has treated me well... a idiot valet guy scraped my car on the curb and they had no problem fixing it at my earliest convenience and i asked if they would paint my front lip again and they said it wouldnt be a problem. after getting it back it didnt look right so i took it back in and they had no problem painting it again for me... and my service advisor is john somthing and he has no problem with any issue i have had... no complaints with service at pines for me, only the sales department...

and nam you like driving to wpb lexus cause of a certain reason not because of the customer service you ****..... its worth the drive for free ****!
Old 08-03-09, 11:12 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vuiskool
Back in mid-07 when we got the IS at pines, they crashed a viper that someone just traded in inside their service area. Recently i went to get a 1k maintenance on the GS, the as$h0le service employee was talking to me in a rude manner and i didn't get it done either he didnt want to do it or whatnot.. fkerS!
Lmao i know exactly who crashed that viper, still has the emblem on his tool box

Quick Reply: South Fl Dealership - The GOOD and the BAD