Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

PBIR Sep,11 2009 Lets try this again

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-09, 07:31 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now that we know that Mr, wickeds car has the fastest ET by a non owner driver LOL!!! but in all other respects and not to toot my own horn, but as an owner driver I have to say I officially hold the ET record of a 12.5 at 121 mph!!!

Mr. wicked and I did run one race and I must say that All though he was gaining on me I still pass the trap first so that means Roger -1 jerome -0 !!

and just to set the record straight he holds an easy 100 hp on me and a 6 spd!!!

PS: But I must say his car is a beast on the top end at 130+ mph 1/4 miles!!

Wicked racing (owner Jerome Williams) (Driver Relic)
Old 09-12-09, 07:44 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
So now that we know that Mr, wickeds car has the fastest ET by a non owner driver LOL!!! but in all other respects and not to toot my own horn, but as an owner driver I have to say I officially hold the ET record of a 12.5 at 121 mph!!!

Mr. wicked and I did run one race and I must say that All though he was gaining on me I still pass the trap first so that means Roger -1 jerome -0 !!

and just to set the record straight he holds an easy 100 hp on me and a 6 spd!!!

PS: But I must say his car is a beast on the top end at 130+ mph 1/4 miles!!

Wicked racing (owner Jerome Williams) (Driver Relic)

Very funny Roger..You're so right, we did run and you barely passed the trap before me so Congrats! A win is a win so it is Roger 1 and Jerome 0. Also, just to clarify it wasn't a 100 + on you because the car was probably around 670-680 last night and also what does it having a 6 speed mean? I'll be the first to admit that this quarter mile thing is way harder than I expected.. So it was a good experience for me and besides the launches I loved the way my car ran and I'm just happy that nothing broke. Again, it was a blast.....

Man, I've been getting a lot of heat today about Rudy launching the car better than me. I really don't see what the big deal is, he's obviously a better driver when it comes to racing on the track!

Let's look at it this way, when Titan's Scion wins a race, who gets the praise and glory? Well it goes to Nero(CEO) not Gary White(Driver), right? So, let's just look at it like that..LOL

Team Wicked CEO....Jerome

Team Wicked Driver...Rudy
Old 09-12-09, 07:52 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Very funny Roger..You're so right, we did run and you barely passed the trap before me so Congrats! A win is a win so it is Roger 1 and Jerome 0. Also, just to clarify it wasn't a 100 + on you because the car was probably around 670-680 last night and also what does it having a 6 speed mean? I'll be the first to admit that this quarter mile thing is way harder than I expected.. So it was a good experience for me and besides the launches I loved the way my car ran and I'm just happy that nothing broke. Again, it was a blast.....

Man, I've been getting a lot of heat today about Rudy launching the car better than me. I really don't see what the big deal is, he's obviously a better driver when it comes to racing on the track!

Let's look at it this way, when Titan's Scion wins a race, who gets the praise and glory? Well it goes to Nero(CEO) not Gary White(Driver), right? So, let's just look at it like that..LOL

Team Wicked CEO....Jerome

Team Wicked Driver...Rudy
Ok say you turned dn the boost and at my estimates you were on 25 lbs but I also turned down the boost as I wasn't gaining anything at 30 lbs on 110 but mph so I was at 23 lbs when we ran but It was a great time and will have to do it again!!!

But what was it with that 20sec 1/4 mile
Old 09-12-09, 08:05 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Ok say you turned dn the boost and at my estimates you were on 25 lbs but I also turned down the boost as I wasn't gaining anything at 30 lbs on 110 but mph so I was at 23 lbs when we ran but It was a great time and will have to do it again!!!

But what was it with that 20sec 1/4 mile
Yeah, yeah ,yeah..Sure, you're racing a car that makes more HP than you and you turn the boost down. You're starting to sound like another member that runs and loses but then turns down his boost..

Okay, you were at 23 psi and I was at 22 psi???? It really doesn't matter what we were at, right? You got the win out of it and you should frame it because that will be the last time that the black will be on the track. From this point on it's all highway runs and we both know what's going to happen on the highway, right sir? Also, the reason that I turned down my boost was I had about 3/8 tank of 93 when I got to the track and I was told to try and have the needle at a 1/4 or below for the C16 so I figured if I turned it down a little just to be safe...

Well, I didn't want to be left out and I wanted to go home with some type of record last night and that was the reason for the 20 second ET..

Roger..Owner/Driver....Best ET

Rudy..Driver....Best ET

Jerome...Worst ET and oh I forgot best Trap Speed at 132.22mph..

So that means that I got two records last night so I'm the winner!!
Old 09-12-09, 08:06 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

what does it having a 6 speed mean?
And oh to answer your question,longer gears more top end..
Old 09-12-09, 08:12 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

No more wicked at the track???? wha? You have a STRONG 11 second capable car there. I thought you really liked the track?
Old 09-12-09, 08:17 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, yeah ,yeah..Sure, you're racing a car that makes more HP than you and you turn the boost down. You're starting to sound like another member that runs and loses but then turns down his boost..

Okay, you were at 23 psi and I was at 22 psi???? It really doesn't matter what we were at, right? You got the win out of it and you should frame it because that will be the last time that the black will be on the track. From this point on it's all highway runs and we both know what's going to happen on the highway, right sir? Also, the reason that I turned down my boost was I had about 3/8 tank of 93 when I got to the track and I was told to try and have the needle at a 1/4 or below for the C16 so I figured if I turned it down a little just to be safe...

Well, I didn't want to be left out and I wanted to go home with some type of record last night and that was the reason for the 20 second ET..

Roger..Owner/Driver....Best ET

Rudy..Driver....Best ET

Jerome...Worst ET and oh I forgot best Trap Speed at 132.22mph..

So that means that I got two records last night so I'm the winner!!
Turned it down as I wasn't gaining anything but mph and pushing the motor for no reason Plus as we both learned hp doesn't mean anything unless you can get the 60 ft times IE: shadome with 13.4 and hp in the 520s
Old 09-12-09, 08:18 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

And oh to answer your question,longer gears more top end..
Yes, but not on a quarter mile doing 130 mph. At the quarter mile track it really doesn't matter if you're in a five or six speed...It all boils down to who gets off the line better and you've got that...
Old 09-12-09, 08:22 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shaodome
No more wicked at the track???? wha? You have a STRONG 11 second capable car there. I thought you really liked the track?
I hear you Jordan but the abuse that my car takes on the track is just too much for me especially now. I have no doubt that if the car hooks the car is easily a 11 second car but we'll just leave it like that. Also, don't get me confused here, I LOVE THE TRACK and would go anytime you guys want to go again and I will even run the car but I won't be launching it anymore so we all know that it's just going to be a bunch of mid 13 second runs anyway...
Old 09-12-09, 08:28 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

You have one of the STRONGEST factory drive trains ever created by an OEM (short of some exotics) and you are concerned about breakage? Granted, I would be HIGHLY annoyed if I broke my Getrag :lol:

Look at the BL guys running high 8s/low 9s on stock 6spd, driveshaft, diff, and axles! Even with Rudy driving, the car didn't launch all that hard as you still had a great deal of wheel spin. Wheel HOP is what really brakes stuff...not the spin. I would love to see that car make some more serious passes down the track as all the big power SC guys need a poster child to represent us. If you are done with it though...we need to talk about something :-) I'll call you tomorrow....
Old 09-12-09, 08:32 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Turned it down as I wasn't gaining anything but mph and pushing the motor for no reason Plus as we both learned hp doesn't mean anything unless you can get the 60 ft times IE: shadome with 13.4 and hp in the 520s
I hear you Roger but I must disagree. HP means a ton, the issue is just putting it down. Here's an example of why...

Here's the slip for my Race car driver Rudy ..

R/T .474
60' 2.136
1/8 8.443
1/4 12.35
MPH 128.38

This is with spinning thru 1st and 2nd. If he was able to hook and not have been sleeping at the line his R/T would have been around a .200 and his 60' would have been maybe a 1.5. Then we're looking at maybe a 11.5 easily..

Here's my best run of the night..

R/T .271
60' 2.721
1/8 9.604
MPH 94.52
1/4 13.507
MPH 132.22
Old 09-12-09, 08:40 PM
crispeed
Driver School Candidate

You're starting to sound like another member that runs and loses but then turns down his boost..
Who that is!
Old 09-12-09, 08:45 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

You have one of the STRONGEST factory drive trains ever created by an OEM (short of some exotics) and you are concerned about breakage? Granted, I would be HIGHLY annoyed if I broke my Getrag :lol:

Look at the BL guys running high 8s/low 9s on stock 6spd, driveshaft, diff, and axles! Even with Rudy driving, the car didn't launch all that hard as you still had a great deal of wheel spin. Wheel HOP is what really brakes stuff...not the spin. I would love to see that car make some more serious passes down the track as all the big power SC guys need a poster child to represent us. If you are done with it though...we need to talk about something :-) I'll call you tomorrow....
Everything you said is true but the difference is the BL guys have the $$$ to replace any parts that break.
Old 09-12-09, 08:47 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

You should look into Santo Domingo...seems everything is cheaper over there....ask Rudy.
Old 09-12-09, 08:56 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

You should look into Santo Domingo...seems everything is cheaper over there....ask Rudy.

Quick Reply: PBIR Sep,11 2009 Lets try this again