Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

PBIR Sep,11 2009 Lets try this again

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 11:40 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
Did I miss something here ??? Did you two run ???
no , not really .. when you guys stopped on turnpike coming home and jordan and i finally caught up and was just pulling over , you guys started to move out , he pulled out and started to accelerate a few seconds before me , i started to accelerate and thats really it

he said he was on wastegate and i took a moment to catch and pass him i dont quite rem that part but i guess i could say i was on fart power then

i say he win i lose for i aint getting into any pissing contest .. if we happen to be side by side and we give the look of agreement to hit it then game on

outside of that you guys have fun Hahahahah

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-13-09 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-13-09, 11:44 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did I miss something here ??? Did you two run ???
Not really...we both took off from when everybody was pulled over on the turnpike and happened to hammer it at the same time. I had my boost controller off (14psi) and it seemed like it was taking a lot to creep up on me (which he was). Ed wanted to run when I mentioned it at TruckStop, but it was wet out....we'll run for real sometime soon
Old 09-13-09, 11:47 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

After we all went home. Jordan and myself where on Griffin we hit it a couple times.
He kept beepin 3 and I jumped on 2 to get a lag headstart.... Even then I could not come on boost quick enough to get an even jump. 2j .68 back = insta-boost.
I want a rematch but on the highway.
Old 09-13-09, 11:59 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Torque = WIN!
Old 09-13-09, 12:11 PM
Darkness01
Lead Lap

loli still got the fastest Stock lol my IS3 did a 15.90 and i ended it at that single pass cause it was all i wanted to achieve lol......
Old 09-13-09, 12:12 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shaodome
Torque = WIN!

^^^^ whatever!
Old 09-13-09, 12:18 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

hurry up Tony!!!! Dieing to see the vids..
Old 09-13-09, 02:35 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Steve not a fan of the 1/8 mile ..But on a side note your car looks like it pulling nicely ..
thanks for the comp...having issues with the car breaking up. looks like its leaning towards harness. but oh well when it gets fixed i'll be on a track...... on the HOMESTEAD THING IM GOnNA GO TO SEE WHAT ITS LIKE
Old 09-13-09, 02:40 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys the whole idea behind this event was to walk away with a defining winner. A top dog of the 1/4 mile per say ..So who does it go to .I know who it should go to .But there seems to be some controversy as to whom that is ?? Help please

What are your thoughts

Does it got to an owner driver or just a driver super
Old 09-13-09, 03:25 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

it always goes to the CARS owner..... just got to be a baller to hire a driver that can drive
Old 09-13-09, 03:54 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Guys the whole idea behind this event was to walk away with a defining winner. A top dog of the 1/4 mile per say ..So who does it go to .I know who it should go to .But there seems to be some controversy as to whom that is ?? Help please

What are your thoughts

Does it got to an owner driver or just a driver super

Rudy.....Here's why:
Jerome has pretty much the fastest car of the evening. But he could not capitalize on the potential.
If Rudy would not have driven Jerome's car, then I would say Roger Cuz he, not the car, capitalized on the potential and attain the best time. But to make things equal, Roger should of driven Jerome's car to see who really takes the cake, but I don't think Jerome's wits would handle more attempt at the wall.
I have no doubt that Jerome can handle his car on the hwy, but on the track he still needs more seat time and in time his times will improve.
So some will argue owner/driver, but come on. No one here has a team and we are CLFL.
So my vote goes to Rudy......
Old 09-13-09, 04:39 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought it was run what you brung Not run what you brung plus driver..If the shoe was on the other foot I would be doing the same thing Just trying to get some clarity .. Or am I way off base here..There no question and or doubt Jerome has the faster car so this isn't about that I guess we need a more defined guide line for the next event if there ever is one..
Old 09-13-09, 04:41 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Dre. I wasn't there but I see this all the time. If you own the car then you better be the one to race it on the track. Because whenever you talk about the times the car put down, you don't have the satifaction of you doing it yourself. I'm sure jerome can put down better times. He just needs more practice and experiance on the track. We all do.

The reaction time is not important if you are trying to get good times. The clock don't start until you get past the line. The reaction time is the amount of time it takes to get past the line. The 60' and 1/8th mile is what really counts to have a quick time. Working on the launch and keeping traction is what matters. It's not all about having more power at the track. It's better to start low and get a feel for the car and how it moves off the line.
Old 09-13-09, 05:06 PM
GTS24V
Driver

Congrats to Jerome, Rudy, and Roger for those impressive times. I wish I would have been there but this week was my turn at work to be on 24hr. call and I couldn't get anyone to cover for me this weekend. Glad everyone had a good time. Mr. Wicked you can't quit at the track yet, me and you still have to run. Or maybe Rudy your new driver.
Old 09-13-09, 08:55 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

I ran a 12.421 @ 118.94MPH.. just no one from CL there to see it

Quick Reply: PBIR Sep,11 2009 Lets try this again