Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Singlesville

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 08:32 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk about panties .. Would you like some cheese with that wine..
Old 09-16-09, 08:32 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dew23
Almost time for Ed new sig, play nice gentlemen we are all boost friends.
so true dave , spoke to alpha today if all goes well i should be flying him in either thursday next week or maybe saturday ifnot then for sure the following week

i have to lift the cams and retorque the head for i firmly believe my headgasket is still intact but i think i might need a little snugging to maybe stop water jackets from getting alittle pressurized under 20+ psi
Old 09-16-09, 08:33 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by //LRD
Talk about panties .. Would you like some cheese with that wine..
ha ha thats a good one

btw you going down to homestead friday or what
Old 09-16-09, 08:39 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Mr, ED

You certainly talk alot of chit for somebody who has taken a na-t to a remarkable 500 hp on a $2500+ standalone you should become the spokes model for AEM!
Your car is not the norm in our community, as most are gte' whether 1 or 2,, they start out boosted and for you to deter others who might read the thread, by driving home the fact that standalone is the only way is ludicrous.

There are many 500 hp gte's running around on just fuel computers that will continue to be the norm as its good cheap fun which apparently you have forgotten is why we do this, and not all are up to your grand of a scale with your 3 yr boost sprint you've been in, as several of us on here have been in the boost game for much longer with several motors under our belts, hence we live and learn from our mistakes and move on to boost again!! so in regards to your (Still a wanna be standalone crap ) Go do it your way!!!!! I'm not laughing!!!!

As to the 2nd remark what type is that you pompus egotistical maniac!!!

And as to your third comment why don't you follow yourself out the door and make sure you can fit through the door with that na-t on your shoulder!!!
again fantastic words of wisdom from the ego master himself , well said well said as i applaud and laugh at you same time

i paid 900 for my aem and i am limited to 500 at the moment out of choice another ignorant statement that outright hp has to be the sole determining factor in deciding on fuel management i mean afterall look at jose acleansc from miami car 440 rwhp on aem and on stock hg and 10;0:1 compress for over 4years , look at na-t miami on supra forums who btw won 2nd place at the lexus show my friend yosdannys car does 584 on AEM

we are on clublexus and na-t is just about the norm now as more are gravitating to the ease of just boosting what you got

500 on 2500 well whats jerome numbers oh i forgot he's at 592 at 22 on AEM

yeah several motors and countless mistakes that could have been avoided , yeah roger i know your background keiron is a wealth of info ha hahaha

but this is jordans thread so back on topic or is it too much for your hefty ego to bear

so in amity i remain cautiously and i am not laughing either

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-16-09 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-16-09, 08:39 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexforlife
ha ha thats a good one

btw you going down to homestead friday or what

I would of love to .But the tranny is slipping we'll see maybe if I leave it in low boost..Waiting for the new TC to come in so that I can't but back my Chris Ty tranny..Then you would be able to stop me from going to the track
Old 09-16-09, 08:43 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Welcome SF ...LOL what were we talking about ..

Sorry Jordan looking forward to your retune

Go E-Manage

Sorry couldn't help it...hehe
Old 09-16-09, 08:47 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't say "congrats" are in order...its not a huge ordeal to put in I finally had a chance to drive the car around and datalog whats going on with in boost as far as factory ECU timing goes...seems at max boost the ECU is calling for ~21-23 degrees of timing lowering it some around 4k and then slowly advancing it again (probably peak TQ on the twins). Hoping to get a copy of the factory ECU timing map though. I'm pulling 3 degrees off this number right now and not registering any significant knock...I say significant because if I turn the boost back down to 14psi and leave everything alone (AFRs in line) I get the same sort of signal out of the knock sensor in datalog at high RPM. This is what I was talking about earlier with outside interfence and phantom knock. When I get to the dyno I'm really going to play with this and see if I can make that knock signal go clean or induce some serious knock and measure the result.

The log viewer in the EMU isn't the most sophisticated piece of software, but it gets the job done.

Ed, if you don't mind...I don't even need to see your AEM, just want to know what sort of timing Alpha has you running @ max boost from say 4k on up?
Old 09-16-09, 08:49 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
again fantastic words of wisdom from the ego master himself , well said well said as i applaud and laugh at you same time

yeah several motors and countless mistakes that could have been avoided , yeah roger i know your background keiron is a wealth of info ha hahaha

but this is jordans thread so back on topic or is it too much for your brasin ego to bear
Ed you know nada about my background, Keirion I never used him for info so get your facts straight like so many times before when you were wrong, be happy to remind you if you have forgotten!!

Still waiting to hear your answer to the type of people comment, cuz if thats love you can keep it!!!!! and the get out comment??? lets hear the back pedal for this one ???

Eagerly waiting for the response should be as good as an Obama speech!!!
Old 09-16-09, 08:55 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shaodome
I wouldn't say "congrats" are in order...its not a huge ordeal to put in I finally had a chance to drive the car around and datalog whats going on with in boost as far as factory ECU timing goes...seems at max boost the ECU is calling for ~21-23 degrees of timing lowering it some around 4k and then slowly advancing it again (probably peak TQ on the twins). Hoping to get a copy of the factory ECU timing map though. I'm pulling 3 degrees off this number right now and not registering any significant knock...I say significant because if I turn the boost back down to 14psi and leave everything alone (AFRs in line) I get the same sort of signal out of the knock sensor in datalog at high RPM. This is what I was talking about earlier with outside interfence and phantom knock. When I get to the dyno I'm really going to play with this and see if I can make that knock signal go clean or induce some serious knock and measure the result.

The log viewer in the EMU isn't the most sophisticated piece of software, but it gets the job done.

Ed, if you don't mind...I don't even need to see your AEM, just want to know what sort of timing Alpha has you running @ max boost from say 4k on up?
In what way did it sound different
Old 09-16-09, 08:56 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

its a cleaner sound instead of the garble....its really easy to byass the HKS to show you the difference...just gotta remove the ground wire from it.
Old 09-16-09, 08:58 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

its a cleaner sound instead of the garble....its really easy to byass the HKS to show you the difference...just gotta remove the ground wire from it.
When are you going to stp ??
Old 09-16-09, 09:02 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Still waiting to hear your answer to the type of people comment, cuz if thats love you can keep it!!!!! !!
point taken and will do and ignored and if i offended thee , my sincere apologies, now moving on to jordans request

i will ask alpha tomm if he minds which i am sure he shouldnt .. i know alpha is very big a precise timing , when to pull and advance to keep hp and trq growing

i for one was impressed with alpha manipulating my timing fighting against some huge boost leaks but yet still able to extract around 480 rwhp and 450 of trq

he feels confident with boost leaks corrected and with .81 on all he has to do is play alittle more with timing inject aluttle more fuel so at peak 24psi i should be able to get around 540 to 560 hopefully if i get 525 or 530 i would still be happy at least on this ole motor .. i will reserve asking him to get alittle more aggresive with the tune when the new motor is finished hopefully by jan or feb 2010 tome a ideal street /hwy monster is around 550 to 575 rwhp hitting max boost around 4000 ish with max trq around 500 to 520 and being able to hold power to say 7500rpm solid

thats what i am after all on a solid pump gas tune

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-16-09 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-16-09, 09:13 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by //LRD
I would of love to .But the tranny is slipping we'll see maybe if I leave it in low boost..Waiting for the new TC to come in so that I can't but back my Chris Ty tranny..Then you would be able to stop me from going to the track
i heard about your tranny earlier today might be slipping in third

sorry to hear about it , i can imagine what you feel being told it should be a built one and to be let down.. hurry up put the chris ty one back in it seems tobe holding for now .. why dont you have the clutchpacks/plates redone before putting his back in , it will make it alitlle stronger with new stuff in there
Old 09-16-09, 09:24 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

I will actually be at HPLogic up in Palm Beach for a big dyno day we are having for a bunch of Mazda KL powered cars...ford probes, mx3, 626, mx6, etc. A good friend of mine throws this meet every year and this year we setup a dyno day and I offered to tune for free to anybody that came....now we have people coming from all over the country to have me tune there Megasquirted cars....just like Alpha flies for 2Jz, I fly for KLs Not as glamorous, but still fun

http://www.horsepowerlogic.com/ They are up in Royal Palm. I'll be there all day from 10am to about 6-7pm this Saturday. My car will be the last one of the day and I should have the cams in for it. Remember...this is a mustang dyno so expect 15% lower numbers on average. I'll be heading to STP when Stefan is back in town...prob. wed of next week. I prefer to dyno on the same dyno for consistency and measuring gains from previous mods.

Laugh about the probe all you might, Sean's Panda Racing PGT is still faster than ALL of us at the track, including Jerome on race gas with his professional driver.

Ed, with that kind of boost I would expect you to be making AT LEAST 540. Remember, I made 521 @ 24psi with a smaller overall turbo and JDM cams....you are going to need all those 540 horses
Old 09-16-09, 09:33 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Ed, with that kind of boost I would expect you to be making AT LEAST 540. Remember, I made 521 @ 24psi with a smaller overall turbo and JDM cams....you are going to need all those 540 horses

yeah i would think too but alpha is abit concerned with the age of my motor and pushing such numbers thru it and my new motor has not begun yet

i am still talking with titan about their street series pistons and i have a ongoing discussion going on with a tech at cp pistons about making me some custom 9:0:1 pistons for what i am looking to do

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-16-09 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Singlesville