Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Singlesville

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 09:35 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

wasnt jack one of the founding tuners from hp logics team or something like that

jack tuned my car when it had that garbage map ecu at japtrix

hes good people and patient
Old 09-16-09, 09:36 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. That's him. He is good people!
Old 09-18-09, 04:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

jordan

yesterday on my day off i finally pushed my lazy **** to finally put in my second pump hard wired as well from battery and rework some lines to accomodate my -10an sized fuel filter to the front of car

reason for this post to you , bro i put it in yesterday was expecting to hear some of the typical coffee maker screaching sound a external pumps make , but the walbro gsl392 inline is so friggin quiet... now i did a few extra steps on my own accord to insulate any metal to metal vibrations from the pump for it is mounted where my stock fuel was but damm is it quiet

i will say this , my a/f under boost now have dropped almost 1 point on the wb which is alittle unusal without reworking the fuel map in the aem , when i used to go into higher boost say 21+ psi prior to yesterday it would start out around say 11.9 to 12.2 depending on how hot the intank was and how much the fuel was already heated up but now with boost turned up it enters in at around 11.2 give or take and holds a steady 11.4 to 11.5 and again at the higher boost so thats tells me the inline is doing exactly what i expected it to do and provide constant pressure to the rail taking the stress off the intank to just feed the inline

if you are thinking of adding the second pump think about the inline scnerio with intank according to walbro this combo is good for well over 700 rwhp with no pressure drop, the intank has no relief valve like intank does so as you go up with pressure demands it stays on point and another thing i liked that with the power unhooked to inline and just intank on , car ran as normal so the fuel flowed right thru the inline so if intank dies while out driving intank will still provide fuel and if intank dies inline is a gravity fed pump and car will still get fuel to drive as normal....one day i am going to have someone wire in a warning light that if one pump stops running i will know to turn boost down
Old 09-18-09, 05:22 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

I'm a big fan of inline pumps for sure.....funny that it didn't make that terrible noise though...sure its working 100%? hah

My biggest concern about dual pumps is if one fails the driver might not have a clue...I think I remember Roger telling me at the dyno if you have two pumps, one feeding each side of the respective rail, if one pump failed the fuel pressure would just disappear and the car would stall. That would be the ideal scenario when it comes to preventing stuff from blowing up.

We all know...when racing, we are much less likely to pay attention to the gauges as opposed to the road....that is how some of us end up at 160mph without realizing *cough* jon *cough* hahaha. Too much going on in a very brief moment.

I am happy to say though....

My STOCK OLD fuel filter (which i'll be replacing with a new oem unit soon) with factory hardline and factory wiring has more than enough fuel for 520+whp when I made that pass I was in the high 10s low 11s as far AFR goes.

What was the ID of the stock hardline again? I need to ask my Mech. Eng. friend to figure out given the size how much pressure would be necessary to supply the 750cc at full tilt...

Last edited by shaodome; 09-18-09 at 05:25 AM.
Old 09-18-09, 07:05 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shaodome

My STOCK OLD fuel filter (which i'll be replacing with a new oem unit soon) with factory hardline and factory wiring has more than enough fuel for 520+whp when I made that pass I was in the high 10s low 11s as far AFR goes.

What was the ID of the stock hardline again? I need to ask my Mech. Eng. friend to figure out given the size how much pressure would be necessary to supply the 750cc at full tilt...

stock line size is 5/16 its small and seeing a/f like that on dyno is one thing compared to a extended pull with true load on car and fuel heated up pressure drops fast at the hp level in other words does not stay consistant

ask crispeed the tuner on here he will not tune past 500 ish with one pump period for he told me hes seen weird and unstable things occur on the st under lots of boost

why not just run a -6an line (which is 3/8) from tank to front and use a aeromotive type high flow fuel filter and maybe a walbro gsl 392 inline and you have fuel for well into the 600's without the dual intank scnerio heating up the fuel in the tank

the concept is sweeping the tuning world and is quickly becoming the prefered route because of the 1 pump failure rate and excessive heating of the fuel it allows the intank to run cooler and inline run more effectively
Old 09-18-09, 07:11 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

I'm a big fan of inline pumps for sure.....funny that it didn't make that terrible noise though...sure its working 100%? hah

My biggest concern about dual pumps is if one fails the driver might not have a clue...I think I remember Roger telling me at the dyno if you have two pumps, one feeding each side of the respective rail, if one pump failed the fuel pressure would just disappear and the car would stall. That would be the ideal scenario when it comes to preventing stuff from blowing up.
i have never heard of this one before , i would think even if feeding rails with different lines pressure would fall but their would still be flow from the 1 working pump still filling the rail but not with the intended pressure under boost so car should not stall but run lean under boost

and yes pump is working i acutally had to crawl under car to make sure it was on and it was running like it should hard wired direct from battery separate from the intank relay using stock ecu as trigger
Old 09-18-09, 08:54 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

I didn't say I was going to keep it like that with the single pump, just saying.....

I plan to run the 2nd pump and line eventually, just not right now. Spent enough fricken $$$ on that POS this month.

Sweeping the tuning world? You do realize the external pump came BEFORE the intake pump right :-P In your setup, are you just using the the walbro out the factory tank feed to a larger diameter line with the inline pump installed instead of running two lines up to the front?
Old 09-18-09, 09:17 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

I didn't say I was going to keep it like that with the single pump, just saying.....

I plan to run the 2nd pump and line eventually, just not right now. Spent enough fricken $$$ on that POS this month.

Sweeping the tuning world? You do realize the external pump came BEFORE the intake pump right :-P In your setup, are you just using the the walbro out the factory tank feed to a larger diameter line with the inline pump installed instead of running two lines up to the front?
jordan when i stated sweeping i meant that alot of tuners are moving to the intank feeding inline scnerio and moving away from 2 or 3 intanks

i am using -6an from tank to inline then -6an from inline to large volume high flow aeromotive fuel filter moved up front , then -6an line from filter feeding large volume rail .. i can now say have enough volume ( which btw is not a real problem for stock line to provide for modest hp levels it maining pressure is the problem) and more then enough pressure to go around 700 maybe mid 700's , i see no need to go with larger feed line to push pumps to work more to make volume and i dont like dual feeds to rail , but thats just me
Old 09-20-09, 06:27 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Went to HPLogic's dyno this past Saturday...spent the day tuning cars and installing a stand alone for a friend for his MX6. Didn't get to spend to much time on the dyno, so I worked with what I had to tune the AVCr. The Mustang Dyno's are loadable, unlike a dynojet, so it makes tuning a boost controller much much more accurate.

For reference, this type of dyno reads ~15% lower than STP due to the way it measures horsepower. First pass on the spring (1bar) put me at right 340ish, which is almost exactly 15% off what I got at STP on the spring...

Getting to work I had the boost as high as 24psi which got me a best pass around 470whp which will be around 540ish @ STP. I was DAMN HAPPY with that result being dead rich out the back and no knock on the EMU datalog. All in all, pretty happy with it so far, but can't wait for the cams to go in and head back to the dyno this week (STP).

So lets recap. ONE TT pump, stock SC feed line up to the engine bay, stock return, stock wiring and running down into the 10.3-10.5 range at max boost/rpm. Might just hold off on the 2nd pump for a while and I damn sure won't be buying a walbro! Leaned the car out on the drive home down the pike and dialed the boost back down 17-18psi for the moment. Lots of tuning yet to do, but so far so good!

I have some vids I'll be uploading to youtube from the dyno
Old 09-20-09, 06:44 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

congrats on dyno at 24psi

i was told/taught a mustang dyno does read abit lower although what i was told and have been reading suggests is not quite 15 % off its more like between 5% and 8% lower readings depending on what gear you are using ( actually when i was there back in 07 jack himself told me that as well that is less then 10% difference)

your numbers are outstanding though for a 62mm turbo at that boost level

i am not surprised that you have enough fuel FOR THE DYNO given the size of the turbo , the cfm flow from what i was taught is a huge contributing factor in determining fuel flow neccessary although i could be wrong

last question , whats wrong with walbro you dont likey my pumpy

heres a interesting read about mustang dyno and eddy current dyno's

http://g35driver.com/forums/engine-d...good-read.html

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-20-09 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-20-09, 07:12 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

with the mustang dyno there are a large variety of variables you can use that will alter the effects of the run...which is my biggest problem with them. I know Jack @ HPlogic and would trust him to tune ANY car. This dyno they have has been pretty consistent with the 15% and my baseline run further proves it. I just happened to be tuning cars that day and figured to throw the car on at the end of the dyno day.

For me, I try to pick with one dyno and use it exclusively to accurately measure gains, which is while i'll be back at STP soon...

Here is the vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf2vb9t0xCY

you can actually here the boost not being level in the first pull in the vid...kinda goes flat for sec.
Old 09-20-09, 09:14 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

so why was the air fuel fine on the dyno and lean on the street?
Old 09-21-09, 05:26 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

It isn't lean on the street...I "leaned" it out on the drive home since I didn't have time to play with it on the dyno.
Old 09-22-09, 04:03 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Jordan,I told you that I was going to show you a vid of how I was installing my manifold.. A little late but here it is: btw it was my girl Cuzin' recording: