Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Singlesville

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 09:42 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"PRESENT..!"

loosen all the bolt and finger tighten it as far as you can go. I used and open wrench little by little. That one under runner #5 gives hell.
Old 08-27-09, 10:00 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

damnit...I was afraid you where going to say that. These studs are a little rusty from all the old cast iron so they don't spin so easily without the assistance of a wrench. I guess I'll pull it off again (DAMNIT!!!) and start with that runner first.

Hey did you get my msg about the VBAND?
Old 08-27-09, 10:24 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drewgo
"PRESENT..!"

loosen all the bolt and finger tighten it as far as you can go. I used and open wrench little by little. That one under runner #5 gives hell.
Why thank you Dr.Dre you save the day ..

Last edited by //LRD; 08-27-09 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-27-09, 10:32 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaodome
damnit...I was afraid you where going to say that. These studs are a little rusty from all the old cast iron so they don't spin so easily without the assistance of a wrench. I guess I'll pull it off again (DAMNIT!!!) and start with that runner first.

Jordan that sucks ..Brother we feel your pain ..I had some fun last night and this morning . .Unbolting of a turbo and remounting of another. ..The things we do for a little

hope the rest comes easier

Last edited by //LRD; 08-27-09 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-27-09, 11:24 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Speed Injected $29 bucks.

I will post up a vid of me installing my manifold... It's hallarious.
Old 08-27-09, 11:35 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Ok cool...I'll grab one from Gary. Can't wait to see the video.
Old 08-28-09, 08:34 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Manifold is on...wirewheeling and cleaning up the studs REALLY REALLY helped. At that point it really wasn't any trouble at all. Next time I won't drink a whole bunch of beer BEFORE starting the work

I have the turbine housing bolted down along with the wastegate. The compressor is on with the center cartridge but I'm having difficulty tightening the bottom retainer bolt that holds the center cartridge into the turbine...might have to cut a 1/2 wrench to make it short or somethin...

Depending on how I feel, might get most of it finished tonight, if not today, then Saturday.
Old 08-28-09, 08:40 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manifold is on...wirewheeling and cleaning up the studs REALLY REALLY helped. At that point it really wasn't any trouble at all. Next time I won't drink a whole bunch of beer BEFORE starting the work

I have the turbine housing bolted down along with the wastegate. The compressor is on with the center cartridge but I'm having difficulty tightening the bottom retainer bolt that holds the center cartridge into the turbine...might have to cut a 1/2 wrench to make it short or somethin...

Depending on how I feel, might get most of it finished tonight, if not today, then Saturday.
Jordan, are you going to make it to PBIR tomorrow??
Old 08-28-09, 08:53 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

No way...I got called in for work basically right after you left and my vacation time where I planned to have this done during was cut off. I've been working on it a little each day after work for the last few days. Before going to the track I need to tune it and the boost controller (avcR) as well.

I'll be ready for the 11th though.

How did the twins workout?
Old 08-28-09, 09:53 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

No way...I got called in for work basically right after you left and my vacation time where I planned to have this done during was cut off. I've been working on it a little each day after work for the last few days. Before going to the track I need to tune it and the boost controller (avcR) as well.

I'll be ready for the 11th though.

How did the twins workout?
Okay cool! I think they worked out great, I dropped them off that same night to Steve.

Thanks again!
Old 08-29-09, 01:09 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

working on the fuel system and I have some questions regarding that stupid damper for the fuel lines....can somebody give me a ring? 954-376-0015
Old 08-29-09, 08:14 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the info dre!

Some pics of it so far...

All the stuff on the intake side is mocked up. Nothing is fully bolted down as I had to measure and make the braided lines. Need to take a few things to get welded, check for leaks, and then its just bolting all the misc crap back in.
Old 08-30-09, 09:20 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Looking good dude!
Old 08-30-09, 07:16 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Started the car tonight...fired right up and proceeded to dump oil everywhere out the turbo

It leaks really really bad out both sides of the turbo. I'm using a -3 feed with a restrictor flange and a -10 drain. I even tried it with the drain unbolted from the block and right into a pan. Flows just fine, which leaves only the turbo.

BRAND NEW OUT THE BOX from TD Autowerkes. This will be the only Precision turbo I ever buy with their bull**** china center cartridges. Never had this problem with my turbos direct from Garret.
Old 08-30-09, 07:28 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Started the car tonight...fired right up and proceeded to dump oil everywhere out the turbo

It leaks really really bad out both sides of the turbo. I'm using a -3 feed with a restrictor flange and a -10 drain. I even tried it with the drain unbolted from the block and right into a pan. Flows just fine, which leaves only the turbo.

BRAND NEW OUT THE BOX from TD Autowerkes. This will be the only Precision turbo I ever buy with their bull**** china center cartridges. Never had this problem with my turbos direct from Garret.
Damn Jordan, that sucks!! You know I'm not the most knowledgeable about turbos but is everything hooked up correctly?

Last edited by Wicked SC; 08-31-09 at 07:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Singlesville