Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Singlesville

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-09, 07:30 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaodome
Started the car tonight...fired right up and proceeded to dump oil everywhere out the turbo

It leaks really really bad out both sides of the turbo. I'm using a -3 feed with a restrictor flange and a -10 drain. I even tried it with the drain unbolted from the block and right into a pan. Flows just fine, which leaves only the turbo.

BRAND NEW OUT THE BOX from TD Autowerkes. This will be the only Precision turbo I ever buy with their bull**** china center cartridges. Never had this problem with my turbos direct from Garret.
Sorry to hear that

You know what I also had a really small oil leak from the get go ,but was convinced it was the top feed. So I let it be, until I recently took the turbo apart .And found the top feed area to be oil free.Granted with the towel munching incident it had gotten worst. But now that you mention this I know without a doubt that there was a small leak of some sort....

good luck Jordan..

Last edited by //LRD; 08-31-09 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-31-09, 06:58 AM
96sc300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Started the car tonight...fired right up and proceeded to dump oil everywhere out the turbo

It leaks really really bad out both sides of the turbo. I'm using a -3 feed with a restrictor flange and a -10 drain. I even tried it with the drain unbolted from the block and right into a pan. Flows just fine, which leaves only the turbo.

BRAND NEW OUT THE BOX from TD Autowerkes. This will be the only Precision turbo I ever buy with their bull**** china center cartridges. Never had this problem with my turbos direct from Garret.
Daum bro sorry to hear this!
Old 08-31-09, 02:34 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

So out will come the break cleaner to clean up the mess on my garage floor and I'll be shipping it back tomorrow express to Precision. Should have it back middle of next week. Man that is going to cut it close to get tuned and rip off some passes on the 11th. Jeesh.

Damian @ TD was helpful in the whole process. I asked him how often they are bad (knowing the stories of Precisions China Parts now) and he said not many at all....he said maybe 1 in 60. 1 in 60? SERIOUSLY! #@% That is a terrible number given the amount of turbos they probably produce.....speaking of Precision here...not TD of course.
Old 08-31-09, 05:43 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Here are some pics of the failed turbo....I would be pushing it if I said there was more than 2 minutes of total run time on the POS.

After cleaning it up some so I can box it up.

There is even small pools of oil in the manifold runners which will tend to smolder for quite a while when its up and running again.... :-/
Old 09-06-09, 05:31 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Big thanks to LRD for letting me borrow his turbo. Car is up and running again. Just gotta fabricate some charge pipes for the giant H cover with its elbow and get the exhaust connected. Then off to STP for however much power a stock Denso TT pump can make on the factory hardline
Old 09-06-09, 08:20 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are you still going to keep the precision turbo ? Should look in to Borg Warner i heard they are the ishhhhh
Old 09-06-09, 09:30 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

I like what i've seen from BW the last few years....and Holset too for that matter. I'll probably rock the Precision until it takes a dump though.
Old 09-06-09, 10:31 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Big thanks to LRD for letting me borrow his turbo. Car is up and running again. Just gotta fabricate some charge pipes for the giant H cover with its elbow and get the exhaust connected. Then off to STP for however much power a stock Denso TT pump can make on the factory hardline
No problem.. thanks for looking over my tune and making the adjustments.
Old 09-07-09, 03:51 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Jon...I think I know why your having idle and funky issues. The lag time on the injectors. I took a look at what SARD recommends for a lag time (basically the time it takes for the injector to open once it gets the signal from the ecu) and it is different from the value you have. I noticed with my car that once it warmed up it wouldn't start because of the wrong lag time settings.....next time I see the car we can check it out (or mention it to DOC next time you see him)

Car is running! Drove it around hitting about 12-13 psi right now. Open downpipe sucks though Gotta finda muffler shop open late tomorrow!

Pardon the zip tied fan shroud. It just about completely broke and was hitting the fan blades.

Its not pretty but at least it runs and that is all I care about this week.
Old 09-07-09, 04:58 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Jordan!! Glad that you could get her up and running for Friday. When is tuning day??

Love the Zip ties..
Old 09-07-09, 05:14 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Tuning will prob be wed/thurs. I'd like to do it wednesday in case there is any issue as it'll give me a chance to fix it. It mainly depends if precision gets my turbo back to me fast or not.
Old 09-07-09, 07:11 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice and good progress there Jordan.
Old 09-09-09, 07:34 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Ya *****es! 6265 just got here! Hopefully Jon I'll have your 6765 back to you tomorrow Jon, you wouldn't believe the amount of parts they replaced in it.

Last edited by shaodome; 09-09-09 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-09-09, 12:50 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

going to try and hit the dyno tonight around 8:00-8:30. Call me if your coming to make sure I'm still going to make it tonight. 954 376 0015

STP
Old 09-09-09, 01:14 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice...I take it you'll be performing a ninja install !

Quick Reply: Singlesville