Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Anyone bought 1JZ full swap from an Engine Vendor here in South Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-09, 12:48 AM
SC_Edgar
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bought 1JZ full swap from an Engine Vendor here in South Florida?

I've been looking to buy the full complete 1JZ swap here in South Florida but I only found 1 shop called JDM of Miami.

I got their price and might want to buy it from there.

But I just want to make sure if there is any other shops that I can probably take a look at it.

Anyone?
Old 08-24-09, 03:58 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Prolink Japan in Hallandale - pricey, but you get what you pay for.
Old 08-24-09, 06:56 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

here is a couple of more #754-422-4796 ( S & O ) ask for Stan. Another is 954-445-4927 Drag Inter. Ask for Larry .Yo he just got in 50 2jz-gte might be able to get a deal on a 2j..

may the best price wins.
Old 08-25-09, 12:21 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

I know someone selling a 1jz auto swap and he can install it for you, he did mine..pm me if interested!
Old 08-25-09, 03:13 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

brian at prolink is very complete and good quality stuff...do not buy from rickys auto center or raceup its called sometimes....make sure u get everything....including map and igniter..uncut wire harness.....mounts if possible ect ect
spending a couple hundred bucks now will save u many hundred later...what car is it going in?
Old 08-25-09, 04:18 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by //LRD
here is a couple of more #754-422-4796 ( S & O ) ask for Stan. Another is 954-445-4927 Drag Inter. Ask for Larry .Yo he just got in 50 2jz-gte might be able to get a deal on a 2j..

may the best price wins.
I Agree with LRD///
(S&O) Stan and Omar do some pretty nice work and are pretty quick as well!!!
Old 08-26-09, 06:00 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

I got a complete 1jz 5spd(r154) swap at my house. PM me if you are interested.
Old 08-26-09, 06:39 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

//LRD Performance in Plantation does some bad azz work on swaps and wiring also!!

He's so talented that he does the swaps without an engine hoist!!!!!!!

What more can you ask for...
Old 08-26-09, 08:38 AM
SFTRACING
Driver School Candidate

We have 1jzvvti in stock contact Chris 954 725 5865
Old 08-26-09, 11:05 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300TURBO
brian at prolink is very complete and good quality stuff...do not buy from rickys auto center or raceup its called sometimes....make sure u get everything....including map and igniter..uncut wire harness.....mounts if possible ect ect
spending a couple hundred bucks now will save u many hundred later...what car is it going in?
I worked for Brian a couple of years back if you do purchase a 1JZ from him make sure you pull the valve cover. He likes to play a little trick were he'll clean under the oil cap with carb cleaner and around the turbo this is what he'll say when he takes the oil cap off " YES SIR YES SIR see clean"
Old 08-26-09, 01:19 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B16da9
I worked for Brian a couple of years back if you do purchase a 1JZ from him make sure you pull the valve cover. He likes to play a little trick were he'll clean under the oil cap with carb cleaner and around the turbo this is what he'll say when he takes the oil cap off " YES SIR YES SIR see clean"
WOW!!!

That's not good at all...
Old 08-26-09, 01:27 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I'm sure no-one else would do this

Brian will stand behind what he sells - I have very good experience with him and his motors and I know several others that have also had good experience with his motors.
Old 08-26-09, 02:13 PM
B16da9
Racer

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I'm sure no-one else would do this

Brian will stand behind what he sells - I have very good experience with him and his motors and I know several others that have also had good experience with his motors.
I'm just saying what I witnessed while working for him. Take it as you like but I personally won't buy from him what he sells is way over priced. You should try going by his shop when he unloads his containers so you can see the "Real" condition some of those engines are in.

One experience I has was a customer came in for a single cam Honda motor (D15) vtec. I told Brian that the motor was not in good condition (this was after he sent me out to deliver the motor and that customer refused it once he lifted the valve cover) well he did not listen to my advise and sold the motor to a another guy that needed his daily driver up and running ASAP. The poor guy was doing the swap on the floor in front of his house without an engine lift, guy comes to start the motor and it was a piece of trash. The poor guy had to pull the motor and do everything twice because he was too hard headed to listen and swore his stuff is gold.

This is also the very reason why I decided to get the B18C that I put in my Integra from California instead of him.

Again take it as you wish but this is what I witnessed while working there, I have plenty of other things I saw but I'll just leave it at that.
Old 08-26-09, 02:15 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

You're quick to pull the trigger there.
My 1j has been running for over 4 years at ~500rwhp and still moving. If I were to take off my valve covers, which I have, It's pristine under there. Oh and I have also flipped it over and taken the oil pan off and and also pristine. Meaning "NO SLUGE", So Unless he cracked open my engine and carb clean it in and out, I would say that he did not perform that "trick" on my engine.

As a side note, we respect Brian around here and is a good friend so keep that in mind before you speak. I have yet to meet the first man he's screwed over or has not stood behind his product.
Old 08-26-09, 02:18 PM
B16da9
Racer

That's all fine and dandy respect him all you want I'm posting what I saw while working for him. I have all the right to post my opinions and personal experience while working there.

Quick Reply: Anyone bought 1JZ full swap from an Engine Vendor here in South Florida?