Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Orlando weekly/monthly meets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 08:06 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
well its good to see orlando has something more than just sc's...

Ive had 4GS's already, only been to 1 meet at Lexus of Orlando on Semoran and it started raining.. not too many 2GS' that day

been to a car show behind glow lounge and was the first time I saw wringo's car in person but it wasn't a Lexus venue..
Old 09-13-09, 08:34 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Chime in!!

well its good to see orlando has something more than just sc's...
Variety and diversity are a good thing! We'll be visiting your area, so work on a meet there in the Tampa/Clearwater area for me?

Originally Posted by Aristo6
im thinking something near the Mall at Millenia would be the best bet.. its right off of I4 and its easy to find, with Plenty of Parking everywhere.. Maybe the Home Depot or BJ's lot?
The lot must be able to accomodate atleast 20-30 cars and we need permission to gather there or we may be asked to leave once the group forms? You must do the leg work to get permission from the owner/business? A selling point we used for Alehouse was utilizing thier lot weekly/monthly and patronizing thier business afterwards for refreshments! Work on a spot and see what you come up with?
Old 09-13-09, 09:52 AM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wringo
Variety and diversity are a good thing! We'll be visiting your area, so work on a meet there in the Tampa/Clearwater area for me?

yeah just tell me when and ill get together with the tampa/bradenton(isuxel) guys
Old 09-14-09, 05:26 AM
SoloKaMGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im going to work on looking for a spot by millenia. i think thats a good spot right off i4 for anyone right off the exit. what u think wringo?
Old 09-14-09, 09:57 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Everybody's help!

yeah just tell me when and ill get together with the tampa/bradenton(isuxel) guys
Thanks!

Originally Posted by SoloKaMGS
im going to work on looking for a spot by millenia. i think thats a good spot right off i4 for anyone right off the exit. what u think wringo?
Could be a drive for some, but it's a start! Go for it!

We need everyone to chip in and help out! This takes a group effort to keep this going!
Old 09-14-09, 11:25 AM
PJ
Lead Lap

I'm in again for some weekly lexus meets. Its been a while for me. And the SC is down here... .
Old 09-14-09, 06:51 PM
MRSUPRA
Rookie

Even the parking lot in front of Bloomingdales would work. Everyone knows the Mill Mall. Weekends seem to be good as far as work schedules and lets try afternoons for picture taking.
Old 09-14-09, 08:06 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

WOW my first Sticky im working on the Olive Garden across the street from the mall...like Wringo said, its a group effort we ALL hve to try and find a spot.. anymore people I can add to the list?
Old 09-15-09, 12:28 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Teamwork!

Originally Posted by PJ
I'm in again for some weekly lexus meets. Its been a while for me. And the SC is down here... .
Spread the word and work on a meet spot with approval?

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA
Even the parking lot in front of Bloomingdales would work. Everyone knows the Mill Mall. Weekends seem to be good as far as work schedules and lets try afternoons for picture taking.
Millenia mall security will run us off after they see us loitering in the lot after so long, which is the only thing that bothers me about this location?

Originally Posted by Aristo6
WOW my first Sticky im working on the Olive Garden across the street from the mall...like Wringo said, its a group effort we ALL hve to try and find a spot.. anymore people I can add to the list?
It's amazing how things get done when we work together? I had a famous moderator sticky this thread and remove the old Orlando thread!

Members in Orlando have been asking for meets, but very few are chiming in? We need members to scout potential areas for meet spots with approval! It makes no sense to meet somewhere and we would have to move because the spot was not approved! We need members to suggest what day is good and the time they would like to meet? Restaurants are great locations also! Keep the suggestions coming!

Last edited by Wringo; 09-15-09 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-15-09, 09:24 AM
BadViper22
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wringo
This location, it's called Riverside park, and It's an absolutely beautiful park with available parking, a covered area for food, and acres and acres of grass for some recreation. I can call and try to reserve us a time in the winter if anyones interested.
Old 09-15-09, 11:52 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Future plans!

Originally Posted by BadViper22
This location, it's called Riverside park, and It's an absolutely beautiful park with available parking, a covered area for food, and acres and acres of grass for some recreation. I can call and try to reserve us a time in the winter if anyones interested.
Let's keep Riverside as a future spot for a BBQ/Meet/Greet! We've used it numerous times in the past and the spot is great for this kind of meet.

We need a place to meet monthly or twice a month? Anybody stil at UCF? Are they still meeting in the garage on Wednesday nights? Can someone find out? What day's are good for you and times?
Old 09-16-09, 01:19 PM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

wringo set it up and im there. lol.

weeknights work good for me. i can put the kids to bed and sneak out.
Old 09-16-09, 01:31 PM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

i just read on the OrlandoForums that alot of civic crowd hangs out at the Amazon Mall tuesday nights. Amazon and Burlington seem to be the spots where that crowd hangs out.
we should try to stay away from that group
Old 09-16-09, 05:34 PM
ShadowSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by baadhabit
we should try to stay away from that group
^^
ahahahahahah
Old 09-17-09, 06:19 AM
PJ
Lead Lap

The Florida G club meets weekly at restaurants and usually, we grab a bite to eat there, and they never have a problem with us hanging out outside.

Quick Reply: Orlando weekly/monthly meets?