Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Orlando weekly/monthly meets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-09, 11:35 PM
jrm7885
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wringo, any plans going on before JM lexus meet?
Old 12-24-09, 05:32 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should join us in the caravan down Jrm7885 to meet with the south florida members
Old 12-24-09, 03:23 PM
jrm7885
Pole Position

I wish I could. But I just can't due to work. Besides my car still looks the same. I have not had anytime to do a thing to it. Who knows, there is still a month left.
Old 12-25-09, 06:20 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

I feel u bro, work is def important with the way the economy is here....SMH!!! ohhhh well i guess ill see u next time i come to O-Town
Old 12-25-09, 07:28 PM
jrm7885
Pole Position

U got that right, job comes first. I'm sure I'll see you in orlando at the end of feb for north meets south. I am working on an event for one of the days. We'll see how things go.
Old 12-26-09, 03:08 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Plans?

Originally Posted by jrm7885
Wringo, any plans going on before JM lexus meet?
Well, I thought I would be enjoying my car by now, but I've had a few delay's! I'm hoping to be ready for the Clean Car Show, if not the JM meet for sure! Just been working and trying to finish up some last minute projects. Hopefully after the JM meet, we can get Orlando rolling again with meets and shows! Stay Tuned my friend!
Old 01-26-10, 09:47 AM
YOO
Driver

hey guys, have you all considered CARS FOR THE CURE??? http://www.carsforthecure.com/index.asp

It'd be sweet if we can get a group of us out there with our own area and booth to represent CL. There are group discounts and such if you all are interested.
Old 01-27-10, 03:08 PM
IS_Sunny
Lead Lap

I'd definitely be down for another Amazon Mall meet or something.
New improved car ... but I still got the SC. Couldn't let her go.

Last edited by IS_Sunny; 01-27-10 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-10-10, 06:43 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would come to any meet in the orlando/surrounding area for sure..
Old 02-14-10, 07:46 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMS407
lets keep it orlando for now please..
We're doing just that Feb 28th

Originally Posted by Wringo
We need everybody looking for a spot and checking back on what you found?

Originally Posted by B_Sting
anyone find an a good spot that might work yet?
We found it gentlemen !!

Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake Park. 3401 S. Hiawasse Rd. Orlando Fl 32835.

By no means is this meet trying to replace the one you all are setting up. It's just and annual meet that we south guys are trying to make happen every year..Hope to see some support from O town

Originally Posted by Net
any Orlando or nearby SC's looking to meet up?
We're not from near by but we will be in your area on Feb 28th..

Originally Posted by supra925
me and my friends are always down to meet up i really want to know when this meet will happen....
Originally Posted by Net
same here
but i dont know any local lexus ppl to organize a meet myself, so i'm at the mercy of you slacker veterans around here, lol
Excellent a meet is happening in your neck of the woods. And the best part is, it's already being organize for you. Just wash and wax, bring what you want to drink and grill .

Originally Posted by poche
i'm in for orlando meets
Awesome hopefully we'll see you there

Originally Posted by YOO
hey guys, have you all considered CARS FOR THE CURE??? http://www.carsforthecure.com/index.asp

It'd be sweet if we can get a group of us out there with our own area and booth to represent CL. There are group discounts and such if you all are interested.
How about this as a consideration

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/flo...-feb-28-a.html

Originally Posted by TommySC
I'd definitely be down for another Amazon Mall meet or something.
New improved car ... but I still got the SC. Couldn't let her go.
Bring both Feb 28th

Originally Posted by Net
i would come to any meet in the orlando/surrounding area for sure..
John, Net, Wringo,Adrian glad to see you'll be joining us At the 2nd annual north meets south bbq

Hopefully we will see you all out there .. Thanks John
Old 02-14-10, 07:40 PM
jrm7885
Pole Position

Would any Orlando cl members like to meet up this week to talk about the bbq that is approaching this month? Come on guys this is in our own backyard and I dont see any excitement for this event. We need to show our friends from the south a good time, they always do it for us. We could meet at a place to eat or amazon. Any opinions are welcome, so let's here them.
Old 02-17-10, 08:07 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Orlando's First Meet&Greet!

As stated before, I tried making his happen again, but it only lasted but for so long with 2/3 cars each week? I'm willing to give it another chance, but others will need to help out with recruiting and locations?

It would be nice to have all members to search an area of Orlando, that would be neutral driving distance for everyone and a trouble free parking area? We have used with permission in the past the Amazon Mall on East Colonial, but I don't know if members would consider it a neutral spot to meet? We also had meets at restaurants, with approval, so those would be cool also? All members search for a good spot and report back with what you find?

What day's of the week are good for everyone? My work schedule has changed lately, so I'm not as fortunate as I use to be with making it each meet? Sunday's after 3:00 pm are good for me any week, but during the week I only have a 4 hour window from 6pm-10pm any week night? What's good for you?

Tentative Plans for 2010:
Monthly meets(Location TBD)
Meet/Greet BBQ sometime Early Spring (February-April)?
Meet/Greet BBQ late Summer (August-October)?
3Day Central Fl/Tampa vs. South Fl/Miami (Rivalry Weekend)?
3day Meet/Greet/Shine/Show (Orlando Lexus Dealership/Titan New Building)?
Charity event for Thanksgiving or Christmas?

All future events will be planned and open to all Lexus/Toyota owners with Orlando supporting other regions in Tampa/South Florida with thier shows and events?

If there are other ideas for us to do, please chime in and let's make it happen!

The Good OL'Day's... Let's bring them Back:
Picnic/Meet/Greet

Old Town Meet with South Florida Crew II

Orlando Cruise To Tampa:
Rolling Out!

Let's Go Orlando!! Let's bring it back!

Originally Posted by jrm7885
Would any Orlando cl members like to meet up this week to talk about the bbq that is approaching this month? Come on guys this is in our own backyard and I dont see any excitement for this event. We need to show our friends from the south a good time, they always do it for us. We could meet at a place to eat or amazon. Any opinions are welcome, so let's here them.
Understanding that Titan is already having thier Grand Opening the weekend of March 6th, why don't we use this meet as a Meet& Greet oppurtunity to plan more gathering's and monthly meet agendas? I'll be there and I'm sure alot more of Orlando Lexus/Supra owners will be too! Based on the response we get from this meet, I'll be planning a local BBQ Meet for the Orlando Crew to host, for surrounding members who want to come out and represent with us?

Monthly meets:

I'm thinking about us meeting on the last Wednesday of every month from 6:00-10:00 in the area of University Dr./Semoran Blvd.(436), somewhere in a parking lot (Ale House or Hooters)? We could hang in the parking lot and talk shop from 6-9 and eat from 9-10 and travel over to the UCF meet afterwards? This is just a suggestion at the moment unless someone has a better idea?

Let me know if you plan to come out to Titan's Grand Opening and make sure you touch bases with me on your suggestions and we can go from there!

Orlando Lexus/Supra owners looking to meet monthly!
1.Wringo-GS 300

Last edited by Wringo; 02-17-10 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-17-10, 04:23 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

Knock Knock....Who's there?

LEXIS307

Let me begin by Thanking the Orlando and Central FL Crews for making the trip down to South FL last Month for the MEGA MEET!

It has been my pleasure of knowing wringo over the years, he does a great job at holding down the fort.

Like I said at the dyno day and mega meet 2009 is LONG gone, 2010 is here and 2010 WILL BE GREAT! Lots of events are happening, tons of new developmnets and alot more organiztion. I am 100% dedicated to this club and lifestyle. You know its not easy juggling real life and clublexus. But I want to congraulate you all on doing so well in 2010. If you want to get involved speak up, if not its cool just show up and support. We all know the fourms are difficult to judge turnout based on "posts" but if we can use the buddy system and call/txt/email/facebook each other it goes a LONG way...

Now onto this Month of Feb, Now that the 14th is passed we can all have our lifes somewhat back to normal...... To my knowledge the 26-28th of FEB is the first 2010 event for Orlando. Which is drawing guest from South FL and Orlando. Both Sides need to see that its not just some vacation the south crew is taking up to orlando, and understand they are making the trip to your backyard. Myself included hailing from the Orlando crew from 2004-Late 2009 I sure know the feelings.

Lets make this Orlando event as fun an easy going for the organizers as possible. Then move onto March 6th and other future events.

BUT first the 26-28th has to happen before all of the other events can follow.

I can say I will be doing my damn best to attend on the 28th, and will be there on the
6th.

SO BOTTOM LINE IM CALLING OUT THE ORLANDO CREW SPEAK UP,

HAVE YOU VOICES HEARD. SPEAK TO ME!!!

TELL US WHAT TIME IT IS....WOOOO WOOO

Last edited by lexis307; 02-17-10 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-17-10, 05:46 PM
bzyrice
Driver

Hey Wringo.. havent been on here in awhile since my gf just traded in her gs300 in for a new is250.. but she is leasing it.. so its not gonna get too modded..

Anyways.. I am a member of Acurazine now since I just purchased a 2004 TL. We also are trying to have meets every other week. So, the Acurazine guys, since there is so few of us also, wanted to know if the clublexus guys of Orlando would like to meet with us? We had our first successful meet 2 weeks ago at Yogurtopia. We had about 15 cars showup. Hopefully we can work something out!

This week we are having our meet at UCF. A sorority is hosting a show tomorrow night from 730 - 10pm. So 3 members of Acurazine will be showing. I know it is a little late notice, but hope to get you guys out there. My car will have a plate in it with my screenname. If any of you guys make it out hit me up.

Here is more info on the event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=265077569314

And here is my car now.. I know not normal VIP platform.. but, I am trying!! lol (You can see my Fiances car in the background)

Last edited by bzyrice; 02-17-10 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-19-10, 09:40 AM
Mr.lex89
Driver School Candidate

im down man; orlando stand up!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Orlando weekly/monthly meets?