Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Jax people

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-09, 11:59 AM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jax people

Any active Jacksonville on here? I just moved up here from the Ft. Lauderdale area about 2 months ago. Just picked up an LS....
Old 10-28-09, 12:05 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Jax here, but no longer have the SC, there are a few more folks up here though, crowd around Jax isn't that big really.
Old 10-28-09, 12:10 PM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Ah ok...Yeah, I know absolutely nobody up here but one person. He just had his second kid and never goes out.

I actually work at Lexus of Orange Park selling.... Are there any good hangout spots up here? I've been by the one off Beach on I think it was a friday night.
Old 10-28-09, 01:47 PM
Trance4c
Rookie

The biggest thing going on in Jax is the annual Toyota meet - Sibling Rivalry. I posted up the info, should be a few threads down by now. Typically 100-130 cars it seems.
Old 10-28-09, 02:18 PM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

There is Mark's, Dive Bar, and Ivys downtown. Brix and Ritz etc out at the beach.
Old 10-28-09, 04:53 PM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Trance4c
The biggest thing going on in Jax is the annual Toyota meet - Sibling Rivalry. I posted up the info, should be a few threads down by now. Typically 100-130 cars it seems.
When is that?
Old 10-28-09, 09:33 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Seriously, you're going to tell someone new to Jax thats the biggest thing going on?

Originally Posted by GHSER7
Ah ok...Yeah, I know absolutely nobody up here but one person. He just had his second kid and never goes out.

I actually work at Lexus of Orange Park selling.... Are there any good hangout spots up here? I've been by the one off Beach on I think it was a friday night.
there are plenty of spots all over town to hang out. Might not be as much to do as the South Florida scene, but depends on what you are looking for. As JaxLS460 just mentioned, downtown and the beaches are good places. There are quite a few places on the southside as well.

If I had seen your post earlier, you could've came out with me and JaxLS460 to Ale House for a drink. Its pretty rare when I get out these days.
Old 10-29-09, 06:04 AM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

lol I actually go to the Ale house on Thursday nights sometime Friday nights. Both the south side one and the new one on Beach and Hodges. Not sure which one I'll hit up tonight.
Old 10-29-09, 06:33 AM
Trance4c
Rookie

When is that?

11-7-09 Roll-in 5pm, meets from 7-11pm

Originally Posted by IS_250
Seriously, you're going to tell someone new to Jax thats the biggest thing going on?
When it comes to something automotive, yes. Since HIN has been cancelled, and Titan is coming to SR.. thats about the biggest thing I know of going on. How about you? Got something better?
Old 10-29-09, 06:51 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

11-7-09 Roll-in 5pm, meets from 7-11pm

When it comes to something automotive, yes. Since HIN has been cancelled, and Titan is coming to SR.. thats about the biggest thing I know of going on. How about you? Got something better?
You should've clarified that.. Guy is new to town, and you are going to tell him the biggest thing around is a car show.

At the very least give the guy some info about the city and what there is to do around here. Seems like the only reason you post is to promote your car show.
Old 10-29-09, 06:54 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

lol I actually go to the Ale house on Thursday nights sometime Friday nights. Both the south side one and the new one on Beach and Hodges. Not sure which one I'll hit up tonight.
Im assuming you live on the southside? i'll shoot you a pm.
Old 10-29-09, 07:07 AM
Trance4c
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS_250
You should've clarified that.. Guy is new to town, and you are going to tell him the biggest thing around is a car show.

At the very least give the guy some info about the city and what there is to do around here. Seems like the only reason you post is to promote your car show.
It seemed all the posts were directed toward mutual enthusiasts questions; hang out spots, few in the crowd here, yadda yadda. The subject only changed to the local city later in the conversation. I didn't know I needed to clarify that.

An its not just my show, but I've been in Jax among the car crowd (long enough to pull the 10K a year outta Toyota to pay for all of SR) and know a lot of the people around. My roommates use to be a Supra owner and an MR2 owner, it was a lot of fun to see the parking lot with my Celica in it. I really enjoy getting these people together, and besides, its free.. so the more people we can get involved the better. Most of us have regular lives, for many this is our way of reconnecting annually. I dunno why people have to have opinions.. this guy is new to town, if he wants to know whats up, I'm just letting him know what most of us that have been around for a long while are doing in the local Toyota world.
Old 10-29-09, 10:45 AM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Any active Jacksonville on here? I just moved up here from the Ft. Lauderdale area about 2 months ago. Just picked up an LS....
Any pics of the LS? Yeah there are plenty of places to hang out just depends on what kinda crowd you're looking to be around.
Old 10-29-09, 11:11 AM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Yeah here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...new-430-a.html

The new wheels are on the second page. I actually need to find a place to roll the rear fenders around here too.
Old 10-29-09, 11:11 AM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

It seemed all the posts were directed toward mutual enthusiasts questions; hang out spots, few in the crowd here, yadda yadda. The subject only changed to the local city later in the conversation. I didn't know I needed to clarify that.

An its not just my show, but I've been in Jax among the car crowd (long enough to pull the 10K a year outta Toyota to pay for all of SR) and know a lot of the people around. My roommates use to be a Supra owner and an MR2 owner, it was a lot of fun to see the parking lot with my Celica in it. I really enjoy getting these people together, and besides, its free.. so the more people we can get involved the better. Most of us have regular lives, for many this is our way of reconnecting annually. I dunno why people have to have opinions.. this guy is new to town, if he wants to know whats up, I'm just letting him know what most of us that have been around for a long while are doing in the local Toyota world.
Not to bust your chops but he just asked if there were any active members on the site. Then he went onto ask if there are any hang out spots. I'm pretty sure you work hard for your show, but I think he's looking for more than a one time event.

GHSER7 head up to the stadium if you wanna see some crazy football fans. Say your a Florida or Georgia fan you will probably get free food and drinks.

Quick Reply: Jax people