Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

November 14th top gun run event

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-09 | 12:13 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
8 days left to go i hope more cl members are going to support this venue so we can ensure many more to come
so far its only me and danny.you gonna have to start calling out people.
Old 11-09-09 | 02:06 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

i know its pretty pathetic that club lex wont even support a venue which will prove to provide quality entertainment going forward as a alternative to going to pbir all the time for just 1/4 mile

remember folks there should be more stuff to see ( which i cant go into on the net) which will be very exciting to witness first hand

so again i ask whos going to come a support my friend mario's event
Old 11-09-09 | 04:03 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

i know its pretty pathetic that club lex wont even support a venue which will prove to provide quality entertainment going forward as a alternative to going to pbir all the time for just 1/4 mile

remember folks there should be more stuff to see ( which i cant go into on the net) which will be very exciting to witness first hand

so again i ask whos going to come a support my friend mario's event
First impression has a significant meaning.

Example from Teamspeed.

Originally Posted by Schwabe
Complete fraud. STAY AWAY from anything Milemarker-1 organizes. Got there before 7AM. Did not have my first run until 10AM, my second run at 1:15PM. They have their headstart group, that runs before you 3-4 times. They have the "have to leave early" group they wave by to run 3-4 times. I came from Maryland, WHO THE FUDGE has to leave earlier than I???? No display, no electronic time taking, no printed slip, they TELL you your speed. I got nothing for my first run and 157MPH trap speed for my second when my GPS and speedo agreed on 175MPH. They told the same to the guy in front of me who had 20MPH more shown on his GPS.

No pen to write the numbers on the cars, no consessions for the drivers, no porta potee, 6 FUDGING hours on the tarmac at 100F drinking your own stale, warm water and nowhere to ****.

There is absoultely noway for anybody to run 4 times unless you are one of the cronies. I will e-mail them to refund me my money by Friday or I will open a fraud case with American Express. I will expose these MFs on every automotive board out there.

I am a bit mad. Going to SoBe now to cool off and get hammered.
Originally Posted by Schwabe
Well, I did not drive the whole way. Had my family with me. So it is a 2 hour drive to the auto train in VA and then a 5 hour drive from Sanford, FL to Miami. So that is 14 hours drive total. Train plus hotel for four about $3,000 - having to buy my wifey now something nice after dinner in SoBe because she had to put up with me all pissy - Expensive!!!!
No drama intended but im sure a few of us, myself included, were not satisfied with the performance of the last event. Though it was well worth $5, its not worth a return trip until significant differences are made. Looks like you guys might have a Public Relations problem if no improvements are made.

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 11-09-09 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-09-09 | 06:42 PM
pheobo
Driver School Candidate

^^ This isn't organized by the same people.

Mario learned a few things from MM-1 and so did Max and the MM-1 crew. Expect this and the Jan 3rd mile even to be MUCH better then the last.

I will not make the drive down from Tampa for this one, but plan on supporting these events as they go through the growing pains to make them kick @SS!

It's already confirmed that food, drinks and plenty of rest rooms will be available at this event.

They will also be using top of the line devices for trapping the speed. Not sure if time slips will be given out or if MPH displays will be at each 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and mile mark.
Old 11-10-09 | 04:12 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
First impression has a significant meaning.

Example from Teamspeed.

No drama intended but im sure a few of us, myself included, were not satisfied with the performance of the last event. Though it was well worth $5, its not worth a return trip until significant differences are made. Looks like you guys might have a Public Relations problem if no improvements are made.
as daniel illustrated above , not the same people as those on the maiden voyage

furthermore , you guys know me , been here since the begining of clublexus and one of the founders of the lexus meets since 2003

top gun run people have commited to make sure this event is handled properly , will some mistakes be made , maybe , but nothing major that i can forsee

food on site right at the spectator area, timing equipment with pa announced speeds, bathrooms at spectator area, car show at spectator area,organized spectator parking and some very special events in the afternoon that cant be made public cars called in groups

this event will have the things that were missing , present
Old 11-10-09 | 10:04 AM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Well brother CLFL has really slowed down again to events.I know times are hard.and the holidays are around the corner.but $10 bucks,$40 gas,$13 case of beer,memories of CLFL priceless....
Old 11-10-09 | 08:21 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

I'm down for this Ed
Old 11-11-09 | 03:22 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blu SC3
I'm down for this Ed
thanks justin

so far its

lexforlife
98$c300
sc5danny
yarrdy
blusc3
nikyo
sc2.5
steve
scturbo28

and a few others

i was hoping at least 20+ would come to show support of this venue to make a impression upon the organizers so going forward they do special things for clublexus

anyways , for those who are committed to going I have to be there between 8am and 8:30am to help with the show stuff

i will be leaving the pines area by say 7:30am , do you guys mind rolling out early with me
Old 11-11-09 | 07:22 AM
Darkness01
Lead Lap

ill probably b there. richard and robert gimme a call to see where n when we gonna meet up.
Old 11-11-09 | 04:58 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

I would like make it ed, but i work on saturday.... Not much i can do there..
Old 11-11-09 | 06:50 PM
Toyota@<3
Driver School Candidate

Nice I can't wait to see what the Lexus are going to run.
Old 11-11-09 | 07:14 PM
B_Sting
Driver

ok guys spoke to my professor i should be outta class by like 10 soo i'm gonna make it also i spoke to sueno2jz we are gonna be rollin from wpb about 10:30 or so i'm not sure if anyone from wpb wanna roll with us.
Old 11-11-09 | 08:14 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

what time does it really start Ed?and how we enter the show?to get good parking.
Old 11-11-09 | 11:05 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISSForged
We hope to be there with possibly 2 IS-F, GTR and M3 sedan
Originally Posted by oztiks
I'll be there. Hopefully to run.
thanks justin

so far its

lexforlife
98$c300
sc5danny
yarrdy
blusc3
nikyo
sc2.5
steve
scturbo28

and a few others
Are IS-F's invisible? Same for ISSForged. If you are going to make a big deal about participation, at least give credit where credit is due.......
Old 11-12-09 | 04:17 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oztiks
Are IS-F's invisible? Same for ISSForged. If you are going to make a big deal about participation, at least give credit where credit is due.......
seth , chill out nuff said , my apologies for missing your name although i did say a few others so thanks for being onboard

i was hoping for a LARGER turnout of clublex themselves

richard , starting time is 9am till dusk

parking for clublexus are secured .. i am going to get there between 8and 8:30am seeing that i am doing the car show end of it for him so if you wanna roll with me steve , i believe dre and danny i leave by 7:30 am sharp

Quick Reply: November 14th top gun run event