Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

North meets south 2nd annual Meet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-09, 06:48 PM
jrm7885
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't think it is a golf tournament, I believe it is a product expo at the convention center. I'm still looking into it and will know more in the next few days. I will keep you all informed.
Old 11-19-09, 09:48 PM
MRSUPRA
Rookie

Hi gents, it's great to see an event being planned for Orlando. Long overdue. Being a town car driver in the city I can tell you from experience to try and plan AWAY from the larger shows such as the PGA. Traffic on I drive can be a total hassle. Police also have high visibility sometimes parking cars with lights on at all major intersections. Yes the room rates will increase. Everyone does know where the Convention Center is just off the Beachline or 528 making it easy. As far as hotels there are many right accross the st not to mention the new Hilton. However I would not recommend the Hilton due to the careless valets parking the cars in a very tight garage risking damage. Some people stayed at the Days Inn, for the last HIN event 2 years ago but it is NASTY. There are others like the redone Clarion directly behind it on Hawaiian Court. Booking for a somewhat large group will always get you a discount. Denny's, Ihop, McDonalds all within walking distance. Also dont stay at the Rosen Center directly accross from the CC. Another nasty old property. I Drive has are gazillion places like Bahama Breeze for after events. The parking lot out back for the NORTH bldg of the CC is huge. Staging for over 300 cars for HIN took place there. Sea World is 3 minutes away on I Drive and Disney is maybe 15 minutes west on I-4. Will be glad to help out with any more questions or concerns as best I can.
Old 11-19-09, 10:20 PM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

FYI,

THe last time i was in orlando i stayed at

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...orida/index.do

(This is NOT the hilton MRSUPRA is referring to)

It's on the very outskirts of disney property meaning you get busses to/from the parks. There is also ample outdoor self-parking (aka, no valets or garages)... just my $0.02
Old 11-20-09, 02:05 AM
jrm7885
Pole Position

There are so many places to stay in that area. The question is which of you want to spend more than $100 a night. The rates range from 30 to 100+ a night. Remember you get what you pay for. I am going to find the best place for your dollar, secure and designated parking, free shuttling to area attractions. For this large of a group we'll get the best rate. I would'nt let you guys stay at a place I won't park my car at. So far away still, we have plenty of time for me to locate reasonable accomadations.
Old 11-20-09, 03:51 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA
Hi gents, it's great to see an event being planned for Orlando. Long overdue. Being a town car driver in the city I can tell you from experience to try and plan AWAY from the larger shows such as the PGA. Traffic on I drive can be a total hassle. Police also have high visibility sometimes parking cars with lights on at all major intersections. Yes the room rates will increase. Everyone does know where the Convention Center is just off the Beachline or 528 making it easy. As far as hotels there are many right accross the st not to mention the new Hilton. However I would not recommend the Hilton due to the careless valets parking the cars in a very tight garage risking damage. Some people stayed at the Days Inn, for the last HIN event 2 years ago but it is NASTY. There are others like the redone Clarion directly behind it on Hawaiian Court. Booking for a somewhat large group will always get you a discount. Denny's, Ihop, McDonalds all within walking distance. Also dont stay at the Rosen Center directly accross from the CC. Another nasty old property. I Drive has are gazillion places like Bahama Breeze for after events. The parking lot out back for the NORTH bldg of the CC is huge. Staging for over 300 cars for HIN took place there. Sea World is 3 minutes away on I Drive and Disney is maybe 15 minutes west on I-4. Will be glad to help out with any more questions or concerns as best I can.
Thanks for the great info still kinda in the getting interest stage of the thread but really appreciate all the info when we get a little more participation,the will really start finding some hotels.

Originally Posted by oztiks
FYI,

THe last time i was in orlando i stayed at

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...orida/index.do

(This is NOT the hilton MRSUPRA is referring to)

It's on the very outskirts of disney property meaning you get busses to/from the parks. There is also ample outdoor self-parking (aka, no valets or garages)... just my $0.02
Seth,
Thats funny as I briefly looked over this hotel last night.
At this point just wanna see if the date seems to be working for all and a rough idea on the head count.

Originally Posted by jrm7885
There are so many places to stay in that area. The question is which of you want to spend more than $100 a night. The rates range from 30 to 100+ a night. Remember you get what you pay for. I am going to find the best place for your dollar, secure and designated parking, free shuttling to area attractions. For this large of a group we'll get the best rate. I would'nt let you guys stay at a place I won't park my car at. So far away still, we have plenty of time for me to locate reasonable accomadations.
Jrm, Thanks for the support(:
sorry I don't know everybodys name but thats why we do these meets to come together with other car lunatics, swap stories and well make new friends.

MR, SUPRA Will definitely be looking for some help from the Orlando
crew.

Seth, your always a big help!!!!!!
Old 11-20-09, 04:00 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Just out of curiosity and to try and find a happy medium for all attending what does CLFL as a whole think we should be spending on accommodations?

Come on CL this trip will be one to remember as I'm sure there are some other CL guys on here that will chime in on our past drives (no certain pics or videos please)

I just hope I didn't just commit suicide!!
Old 11-20-09, 05:05 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Just out of curiosity and to try and find a happy medium for all attending what does CLFL as a whole think we should be spending on accommodations?

Come on CL this trip will be one to remember as I'm sure there are some other CL guys on here that will chime in on our past drives (no certain pics or videos please)

I just hope I didn't just commit suicide!!
OMG I'm so tempted ..lol post the pics or not ?? post ?? ,not post ?? dude your so lucking your my friend..lol

I'm looking forward to this meet ..
Old 11-20-09, 06:01 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

I have to ask Tampa area members what are your thoughts ?? Matt, Eric, Taylor ,John and Lindy

Sean are you from Tampa ????

WickedSC and I have been in communication with Titan Motor sports.And their really open to the idea of us meeting there .So we'll update you guys as soon as we find out more info.So far the installation of the dyno is the hold up. And from what we hear installation should be complete sometime in December.I sure hope so..
Old 11-20-09, 06:45 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by //LRD
I have to ask Tampa area members what are your thoughts ?? Matt, Eric, Taylor ,John and Lindy

Sean are you from Tampa ????

WickedSC and I have been in communication with Titan Motor sports.And their really open to the idea of us meeting there .So we'll update you guys as soon as we find out more info.So far the installation of the dyno is the hold up. And from what we hear installation should be complete sometime in December.I sure hope so..
Yo, picture this 40+ cars rolling into Titan for a barbecue CL style!!!
Old 11-20-09, 07:54 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Yo, picture this 40+ cars rolling into Titan for a barbecue CL style!!!

Jerome and I will be trying our hardest to make this happen..So hope the best everybody
Old 11-20-09, 08:53 AM
MRSUPRA
Rookie

Hi gang, the Hilton Oztiks mentioned is accross from Downtown Disney on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Very tired property. Downtown Disney has changed in the past year away from the nightclub scene. Now mostly shops and eateries. Also overpriced. There are a few brand new smaller properties accross from Sea World, both Marriotts. One is a Fairfield, the other I believe a Residence Inn. A new Fridays is within walking distance. These are located on International Dr and Cen Fl Pkwy. The bridge to the Beachline is 2 min away as well as the Convention Center. I will ask about a group rate.
Old 11-20-09, 09:55 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRSUPRA
Hi gang, the Hilton Oztiks mentioned is accross from Downtown Disney on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Very tired property. Downtown Disney has changed in the past year away from the nightclub scene. Now mostly shops and eateries. Also overpriced. There are a few brand new smaller properties accross from Sea World, both Marriotts. One is a Fairfield, the other I believe a Residence Inn. A new Fridays is within walking distance. These are located on International Dr and Cen Fl Pkwy. The bridge to the Beachline is 2 min away as well as the Convention Center. I will ask about a group rate.
The biggest requirement is shuttle svc to and from Islands of adventure as the premise is to not have to worry about parking 40+ cars and everybody can drink without fears of red and blue lights.

I like the idea of a hotel on I drive as its central to alot of shopping, entertainment, legs, sorry got pre occupied but you get the idea!!!
Old 11-20-09, 10:34 AM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Check the weekend before Roger.and start making a head count.so you know how many rooms more or less you need to book.from the looks of it we only staying two nites.if do the buddy system we can go two per room.to double beds.unless you guys don't wanna sleep in the same room.lol.
Old 11-20-09, 10:35 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

roger the dates you suggest i think are perfect

room rates should not exceed say 80 per night .. we should be able to garner at least 25 to drive up so to keep it conservative i would tell hotel people 25 to get rates

lets get this scheduled , if you guys schedule this immed it will light a fire under me to get headgasket swapped , drop cams in and full retune and i promise i will hand someone their _______ just joking
Old 11-20-09, 11:04 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Ok so here is where we stand so far

Tenative date Jan 29 thru Jan 31 2010?????
Staying 2 nights in whatever hotel doing Islands of adventure on Jan 30
and City walk in the evening
Sun doing a barbecue hopefully at Titan MS!!

So all in favor please chime in so I can start to get room rates and group ticket costs for the park!!!
Also are we just doing Islands of Adventure or both (Universal)
is everybody interested in getting the Party passes for City walk which means no cover charges to any of the clubs in City Walk????
Decisions,Decisions, Decisions!!!!!

Lets get this moving and get the momentum rolling so chime in if you have an interest and lets Start the new year off with a big CLFL meet

Quick Reply: North meets south 2nd annual Meet!!!