Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

North meets south 2nd annual Meet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-09, 01:18 PM
MRSUPRA
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it from someone who lives in Orlando. Whatever you decide don't stay at any of the Universal resorts. Total ripoff. For example a bottle of water runs $9.00. Overnight parking is $20.00. The big Doubletree across from universal on Kirkman is an ancient property. Built back in the 70's. The lobby smells like a sewer. However accross from it on Major Blvd is a somewhat newly renovated Holiday Inn with a Fridays connected to it. There is also a small Hyatt Place next to that which is very nice. Free parking also with paved lighted lots. I will look into rates at both. Further back on Major are other small properties, such as the Comfort Inn, Holiday Express but I would not recommend them due to a high crime rate. You might also want to have a few people keep an eye on the cars overnight. Like being outside. Signs are posted saying the hotels are not responsible for theft and they have NO security. I would even be happy to watch them overnight. One break in will ruin the entire event. Maybe we could get designated parking area for the group. I could make that a condition in order for the property to get our business. Don't think that would be asking too much. A cab to City Walk should be no more than $5.00. I run people back and forth in my town car. Again I live here and see it every day.
Old 11-20-09, 05:22 PM
jrm7885
Pole Position

Roger just wondering if you got that pm I sent you.
Old 11-20-09, 09:34 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry this took me awhile to see John. Of course the Tampa crew will be more than willing to go over to Orlando and meet up with you guys for this amazing event. I cant speak for everyone but I will probably spend at least one night somewhere close by just to hang out with everyone for the night time action.

I'm originally from Orlando but so far everyone else has got the hotel and extra activities taken care of. I would love to go to the new Titan and have a BBQ there. Today is our big supra dyno day and Titan is bringing a few cars with them so I will make sure to take plenty of pics.

Since the Tampa crew is all meeting tomorrow I will spread the word to Matt, Taylor, Lindy, Francis, Sean and anyone else since they probably have not seen this. Rest assured we will be there in full force to represent!!!!

Definitely keep me informed on universal ticket prices because im in for that as well.
Old 11-20-09, 11:22 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Sorry this took me awhile to see John. Of course the Tampa crew will be more than willing to go over to Orlando and meet up with you guys for this amazing event. I cant speak for everyone but I will probably spend at least one night somewhere close by just to hang out with everyone for the night time action.

I'm originally from Orlando but so far everyone else has got the hotel and extra activities taken care of. I would love to go to the new Titan and have a BBQ there. Today is our big supra dyno day and Titan is bringing a few cars with them so I will make sure to take plenty of pics.

Since the Tampa crew is all meeting tomorrow I will spread the word to Matt, Taylor, Lindy, Francis, Sean and anyone else since they probably have not seen this. Rest assured we will be there in full force to represent!!!!

Definitely keep me informed on universal ticket prices because im in for that as well.
I was getting worried there for a min, Eric thanks man spread the word ..

I'm definitely looking forward to kicking it with you guys again. And this time I don't have to worry about the food list..
Old 11-21-09, 08:28 AM
07sgm250
Rookie

sounds good to me. im in!
Old 11-21-09, 02:04 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by //LRD
I was getting worried there for a min, Eric thanks man spread the word ..

I'm definitely looking forward to kicking it with you guys again. And this time I don't have to worry about the food list..
Haha....I know. It took me a little bit to see it but thank goodness I caught it in the early stages. I told the guys today and they definitely were excited about it. They should be saying something in here soon.

Now instead of worrying for the food list we can worry about where we can all have a good meal and enjoy each others company. Can't wait
Old 11-21-09, 03:03 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

This is a current update that I was just informed of late yesterday,
The JM Lexus Supra mega meet has been scheduled for the same Sunday as our Orlando trip, due to this fact I think its in the best interest of the Fla CL community to move our trip back till late Feb, doing the trip the week after the Mega meet will be really hard, Valentines day is the 14, and I don't know about you guys but doing a car thing over V day will surely put some of us in a very small dog house, so I 'm proposing Febuary, 26-28, 2010?

So check you calenders and see if this will work for everybody and lets try to get this off the ground again!!!

Sorry for the schedule change but we always try to support The JM meet.

I as well as other CL members were unaware of this actually going down till Yesterday so lets make the best of it and chime in with your thoughts about the new dates????

Thanks
Roger
Old 11-21-09, 04:13 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
The JM Lexus Supra mega meet has been scheduled for the same Sunday as our Orlando trip, due to this fact I think its in the best interest of the Fla CL community to move our trip back till late Feb, doing the trip the week after the Mega meet will be really hard, Valentines day is the 14, and I don't know about you guys but doing a car thing over V day will surely put some of us in a very small dog house, so I 'm proposing Febuary, 26-28, 2010?

So check you calenders and see if this will work for everybody and lets try to get this off the ground again!!!

I as well as other CL members were unaware of this actually going down till Yesterday so lets make the best of it and chime in with your thoughts about the new dates????

Thanks
Roger

Holly swit cheroo batman LOL

North meets south 2nd annual Meet!!!-robin_01.jpg

Hey Roger this is why the dates were Tentative .Truthfully Roger and I were unsure of the JM plans.We know that JM Lexus was planning this meet but we were not given a heads up as to when.We just heard it was to be held sometime in Jan...So the new dates are Feb 26-28 .Hope this doesn't inconvenience any of you .As far as Titan planned grand opening BBQ Jerome and I will be in communications with them.So hope for the best ..Bottom line is if we have to host our own BBQ I'm sure with all the members in O town.We can definitely make it happen regardless ..Thanks guys and we apologizes for the swictheroo..
Old 11-21-09, 06:00 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j

Thanks
Roger
Its all good, now we have two good meets planned for early 2010. I should be good with the last week of Feb...and ya, Feb 14 is my wedding anniversery, too, so that's a big no weekend for me!
Old 11-21-09, 07:07 PM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Im down!!! orlando is much closer then Venice!
Old 11-22-09, 09:47 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking forward to you guys coming up and hanging out.
Old 11-22-09, 11:51 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

New dates sound good to me. Hopefully I can make it out to that JM mega meet. I've been meaning to go.....just never works out on my schedule.
Old 11-22-09, 01:57 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Its all good, now we have two good meets planned for early 2010. I should be good with the last week of Feb...and ya, Feb 14 is my wedding anniversery, too, so that's a big no weekend for me!
Alright Tee

Originally Posted by eyecon7
Im down!!! orlando is much closer then Venice!
Got it and welcome

Originally Posted by bluelex
Looking forward to you guys coming up and hanging out.
Adrian,,,,,, Adrian,,lol

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
New dates sound good to me. Hopefully I can make it out to that JM mega meet. I've been meaning to go.....just never works out on my schedule.
Glad to hear it Mr, Eric and hope to see you at JM..
Old 11-22-09, 02:32 PM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

MR. ROGER, im down for this event, this is going to be insane, especially the caravan, you know how we roll brotha, just pick a nice hotel since my girlfriend will be ridin with me, cant wait for this............
Old 11-22-09, 02:53 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

im ok with the new date Roger.so make it happend brother.

Quick Reply: North meets south 2nd annual Meet!!!