Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

My blown Motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09, 06:06 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink My blown Motor

Ok for all who did not know i blew my motor on Saturday. I am a bit dissapointed but hey its the game we play. I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I DONT WANT ANYONE SAYING THAT I WAS SOLD A BAD MOTOR from Larry. PLEASE STOP. HE IS STANDING BEHIND HIS WORD. Remember that we are buying old motors that we have no clue as to how they were driven, what gas was used, if the oil was changed, if the motor was dogged or if the had put diesel in it.... PLEASE let's not put any negative statements about him and his shop. It's noones business to make any negative statements about my situation. Please stop. I'll be back on the road very very soon.
Old 12-01-09, 06:16 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-09, 07:56 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damnnn, im sorry to hear that Steven, i kno u will be back very soon..Best of luck bro
Old 12-01-09, 08:05 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Yaad_style
Ok for all who did not know i blew my motor on Saturday. I am a bit dissapointed but hey its the game we play. I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I DONT WANT ANYONE SAYING THAT I WAS SOLD A BAD MOTOR from Larry. PLEASE STOP. HE IS STANDING BEHIND HIS WORD. Remember that we are buying old motors that we have no clue as to how they were driven, what gas was used, if the oil was changed, if the motor was dogged or if the had put diesel in it.... PLEASE let's not put any negative statements about him and his shop. It's noones business to make any negative statements about my situation. Please stop. I'll be back on the road very very soon.
Word....^^^^
It happens even to the best and Larry is among the elite.
Old 12-01-09, 08:32 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For real X 2

Ya know it's funny how (small) big a$$ south Florida is when it comes to other peoples bad news . Yo a persons or companies reputation can be ruin quicker then one of our cars in the 1/4 mile. .But as Yaddy stated this is the gamble we all take when we're buying these JDM imports. I think JDM stands for J.unkyard D.og M.otor seriously . Can we all agree with that. Think about this for a moment. Who buys an Aristo or a Supra any ways ??? Speed freaks and power junkies like us. So what do we all aspect .

The bottom line is that !! even before we knew what the out come of this matter would be. Which is between Steven and Larry ,judgment was , I'm sure already passed Larry this and Larry did that. I had similar situation where I bought a tranny it looked like it was rebuilt with upgrades and it even had a stall converter .Being that the tranny looked so clean with this nice blue stall converter ,both Larry and I were convinced it had to be an up graded tranny.

Turns out it wasn't I call Larry a few days later and told him that it didn't hold up.His response (John I couldn't of known we both took a chance )..And he is absolutely correct in this statement .We all take a chance when we buy used parts/engines /trannys period. Truth of the matter is team orange stood behind what they sold me Larry gave me a credit which I recently used when I bought my short block from him..

Steven sorry to hear it I feel your frustration believe me..

I'd like to add that Team Orange is
My blown Motor-lrd_logo.jpg
Approved

Last edited by //LRD; 12-01-09 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 08:41 PM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

^^^^^^ THANKS But i'm Good Team Orange is great,, But its all apart of the Junkyard Dog Motors(JDM) LOL that we take chances on. I'll be good>>>>> Just no bad mouthing please. As John said a persons/business reputation can be ruined very quickly and definately quicker that anyone of our cars can make it down the 1/4
Old 12-01-09, 09:28 PM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

damn that sucks steve. So are you going to put back in your 1j motor?
Old 12-02-09, 07:00 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Once you go 2J you never go back

BTW...who is Larry? Glad he's taken care of you though Steven. Most importers are not nice about this sort of stuff....
Old 12-02-09, 07:22 AM
Yaad_style
Lead Lap

^^^^Agreed^^^^^
Old 12-02-09, 07:46 AM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

Excuse me for asking..... If I ever catch a mad cap and sell my sc and then do a turbo Vr6 in a golf and come for you and your 2j don't say anything.... LOL.

But that won't happen...
Old 12-02-09, 08:06 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Yaad_style
im sorry to hear about the motor steven. i know you will be up and running soon.
Old 12-02-09, 08:16 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Anthony85
Excuse me for asking..... If I ever catch a mad cap and sell my sc and then do a turbo Vr6 in a golf and come for you and your 2j don't say anything.... LOL.

But that won't happen...
Sure...bring your **** Box (hey, I'm a jew I can say that). Dig only
Old 12-02-09, 09:31 AM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

WTF??? **** box. Never heard that one. LOL . And definitely never a dig!!!!
Old 12-02-09, 09:36 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

My buddy errol has a Jetta with an ABA (or is it ABF) 2.0 block with a different head on it. Big single turbo (as if it would have more than one???), etc etc.....nasty little car. That's where I first heard the term.

Back to topic
Old 12-02-09, 09:41 AM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

I raced errol his mk3 is no joke on the highway. But it was breaking up nasty style that night.

But yeah back to the topic

Quick Reply: My blown Motor