Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

This is what you will be missing on Sunday!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09, 08:07 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
take your time son , get by me first then maybe you go for the big fish

remember , there no replacement for displacement and when you line with me be prepared to run to 160+ anything short of that is not worth it
Originally Posted by n!k0y@
DAD: since my car is ready, and jordan took me for a ride the other day, i delete you from my list, because i dont want you look bad in front of everysingle one here in club lexus, and if you want to run 160+ make sure you bring a lot a rags so you can clean your coolant fluid out of your pretty engine bay, just my 0.02 cents
no mess sir , head gasket is changing BY ME this upcoming 2 weeks , new cams new head basically ported and polished with extras

dont let me go into what happended to you the last time on the beeline sir , you were no where to be found

you dont have the displacement nor the driving skills to keep up sonny

learn your car first amigo then maybe you got half a shot
It's getting hot in here......

Hey Robert, what exactly happened on the Beeline? Can you elaborate because from what I can presume from Lexforlife's post is that he stretched you out. Am I on point or am I wrong??
Old 12-04-09, 08:07 AM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no mess sir , head gasket is changing BY ME this upcoming 2 weeks , new cams new head basically ported and polished with extras

dont let me go into what happended to you the last time on the beeline sir , you were no where to be found

you dont have the displacement nor the driving skills to keep up sonny

learn your car first amigo then maybe you got half a shot
well, im so happy you taking care of that problem dad, but dont take so long, and talking about that day, you know how my car was acting dad, and for the displacement and skills lets my car do his job and lets see whats up.....
Old 12-04-09, 08:11 AM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
It's getting hot in here......

Hey Robert, what exactly happened on the Beeline? Can you elaborate because from what I can presume from Lexforlife's post is that he stretched you out. Am I on point or am I wrong??
jeronimo, there is nothing to hide in here, yes he beat my a$$ that night but i had the same problem since i got my car, but now no excuses here, DAD, i love you but if you want a piece of me you will have it your way
Old 12-04-09, 08:15 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by n!k0y@
jeronimo, there is nothing to hide in here, yes he beat my a$$ that night but i had the same problem since i got my car, but now no excuses here, DAD, i love you but if you want a piece of me you will have it your way
Okay, I hear you. That's fair enough. I'm loving this father/son rivalry!

Roberto, sorry to say but I'm going to have to put my $$ on Ed.

Remember, he's got the biggest deciding factor in his corner,
he's got a 2J!
Old 12-04-09, 08:29 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

it was no race

Last edited by lexforlife; 12-04-09 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-04-09, 09:05 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

dont make excuses sir , your car was running fine going up there and when we were leaving the track , you had slight hesitation but overall was running fine for if i heard major problems i would never entice you to run to help protect your motor

you got beat fair and square 1st and esp 2nd runs just leave it at that

you will get your rematch opp and at 26psi so you better be well, over 600
I remember his car that day...broke up nasty in 3rd and even worse in 4th. I wouldn't call that much of a race...you had the displacement and more cylinders to your corner that go round
Old 12-04-09, 09:16 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see no point in going past 160mph. What ever happened to WHO is faster? Now it's WHOSE car is faster. Racing from a 20 or 40 is a much more of a driver race. Racing from a dig is even more. If your car can't get traction down at those speeds then you need to work on that and not try to make you car faster.

I know at the end of the day everyone is cool with each other. But I also know that nobody likes to lose and feelings do get hurt.

But it's very entertaining to read. Thank you Club Lexus.
Old 12-04-09, 09:17 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
I see no point in going past 160mph. What ever happened to WHO is faster? Now it's WHOSE car is faster. Racing from a 20 or 40 is a much more of a driver race. Racing from a dig is even more. If your car can't get traction down at those speeds then you need to work on that and not try to make you car faster.

I know at the end of the day everyone is cool with each other. But I also know that nobody likes to lose and feelings do get hurt.

Amen brother! It's like saying, I'm faster than a Gixer 1000....because you outgear it by running to the speed of sound
Old 12-04-09, 09:18 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shaodome
I remember his car that day...broke up nasty in 3rd and even worse in 4th. I wouldn't call that much of a race...you had the displacement and more cylinders to your corner that go round
So are you predicting that the outcome will be different this go around since his car is not breaking up in 3rd or 4th? Or is it becasue he has the mighty Megasquirt installed and tuned by Jordantune??
Old 12-04-09, 09:18 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

nolo contendre

Last edited by lexforlife; 12-04-09 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-04-09, 09:22 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30

i never built this car to all out race although i can always make that change in direction but i for one am a firm believer in purpose building ones car

i dont have a fortified r154 to handle a good solid launch without destroying 1-2gear fork or thrust washer

i dont have a very high hp clutch setup

so for me my purpose for THIS car is strictly showing , cruising , hanging out with the occaional ( and robert the smack talk today in other thread was just joking around bro , you will probably beat me on the re run, maybe) friendly hwy run and for us 2jz guys hwy runs means going deep like 160+
Old 12-04-09, 09:26 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

no contest

Last edited by lexforlife; 12-04-09 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-04-09, 09:27 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
I heard that you wanted some of a Black SC???
There you go again, picking on someone NOT your owe size..... Robert, handle this would you!
Old 12-04-09, 09:33 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

dont defend him i was running next to him and i can call a spade a spade

he was not breaking up badly he had a slight hestistation but once in boost cleared up , i heard it he knows it nuff said

i guess next time we clear this up , run what you brung if it aint runnin right why push it
And I was right behind you guys and I do know he broke up.... I got light-headed with the black smoke coming from his exhaust. Just my .02

different turbos respond diff at diff rpm's and load points , you know that so to say a quick run and let off is no real indication of the merits of each car

you and robert would diff get the jump on say myself and jerome because less energy req to spool smaller turbo more avail power down low once power comes online running to say 150 then would show drivers skills and the true meritts of that particular car
But its apples to apples if you ask me. spinning a 67 on a 2j is about the same as spinning a 62 on a 1j. If you plot your sheet vs Robert's sheet it will be about the same response. The only difference here would be is you are running 20" and he's 17". Being your gearing is the same except for your Frankenstein 3rd gear.

Last edited by drewgo; 12-04-09 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-04-09, 09:37 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

different turbos respond diff at diff rpm's and load points , you know that so to say a quick run and let off is no real indication of the merits of each car

you and robert would diff get the jump on say myself and jerome because less energy req to spool smaller turbo more avail power down low once power comes online running to say 150 then would show drivers skills and the true meritts of that particular car
That sounds like a long winded excuse More power down low, but less up top which is why you agree on a set parameters for a run or do I need to bring up the 747 again?

Run what ya brung. Frankly your turbo does NOT spool that much different than mine, you said so yourself.

Quick Reply: This is what you will be missing on Sunday!