Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

HELP Parasitic drain killing battery; Prize if you find a solution

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-09, 02:58 PM
JKBHEAT
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
Have you taken it to Jimmy? He's the man when it comes to anything wiring or electrical.
No, who is this Jimmy and what does he charge? lol

This is a really weird problem to deal with because $5 of labor can fix it but on the other hand $500 of labor can lead to nothing.
Old 12-17-09, 06:12 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you checked the light in the golve box and see if it stays on?are the light in the truck.we had a benz C230 once at my shop.that the motor under the drive seat drained the battery.i guess it was shorted out and keep pulling power.trust me it took us almost three months to figure out the problem.we found the problem by everyday unplugging something and going the next day and check if it was drained.so i would even try unplugging the seat motors one at a time.so you can know which one is bad and change it.let me know if it helps.
Old 12-18-09, 08:39 AM
JKBHEAT
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted this earlier....

"So I removed these two fuses overnight to see if the battery would drain low enough for the battery brain to disconnect it, and to my surprise it did still drain. So last night I did the same thing but I removed all the blade type fuses that are under the hood and in the morning everything was still connected. I might be onto something."

Last night, I removed all of the "under the hood" blade fuses except for the "dome" and "radio 1" fuses and......there is still power in the morning!!

The only fuses that were out were the EFI, ALT Sencing, and the Hazard/Horn fuses. So I thought, "I don't think the electronic fuel thing could cause a drain, I've had my ALT tested numerous times and it checked out ok so I don't think that would be the problem. Then I looked up what the hazard/horn fuse does, and it to my surprise the book says Theft-deterrent system. The stock alarm was acting funky from day 1 and one the first things I did was get a new one installed.

But now I remember the installer saying something about how he couldn't remove/disable the oem one so he just made them run together. In other words, any problems that it was causing before were still going to happen.

I hope that I'm right and by removing the oem alarm completely solve this forever!!

Last edited by JKBHEAT; 12-18-09 at 09:20 AM.